• Latest reply 7 years ago by deibert
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beam-up-the-code_(resized).jpg
Elwin_code_bug_(resized).jpg
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Is this possible with ST trailers everywhere and a new run on the floor?

#2 7 years ago

Probably so because Keith Elwin just broke the game again on Saturday.
Lyman knows about it and is trying to figure out what went wrong.
But the new movie probably won't have anything to do with the bug fix.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Is this possible with ST trailers everywhere and a new run on the floor?

You may want to put a ? after the title, I thought new code had dropped.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

What did he do? Is there a video of it?

#5 7 years ago

I'll post a photo. Hang on a sec.

#6 7 years ago

He made it to 5 year mission.
But instead of the mode he got this error.
Lyman is trying to figure it out. Keith thinks it has something to do with the game skipping Space Jump 2.

Elwin_code_bug_(resized).jpgElwin_code_bug_(resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I'm not surprised at all. There's many other bugs I hope they will fix too while they are at it...

Rob

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Lyman is trying to figure it out. Keith thinks it has something to do with the game skipping Space Jump 2.

I wonder how it skipped sj2

#9 7 years ago

Is this a common problem with ST skipping SJ2? I have played a friends ST a lot and I'm keen to get a pro/premium when I begin to rebuild my collection so I'm definitly interested to know if this is a common bug?

#10 7 years ago

Pfft, the way I play I would have never seen that bug.

#11 7 years ago

Same here Indy but it's nice to know if there is a mode or in this case possibly two that are inaccessible, never know might have that great game one day. Plus for the price tag these days it's nice to know you at least have those modes there.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Same here Indy but it's nice to know if there is a mode or in this case possibly two that are inaccessible, never know might have that great game one day. Plus for the price tag these days it's nice to know you at least have those modes there.

Yes sir. One day. One day.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Yes sir. One day. One day.

Gotto keeping dreaming of reaching those wizard modes one day, it's what keeps me playing

Right 5 year mission lets see about that (dreaming of wizard modes)

#14 7 years ago

I am helping them figure out the 5YM bug. PM me a list of bugs and I will go over it with Stern.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm not surprised at all. There's many other bugs I hope they will fix too while they are at it...

Like how the auto-plunger will just stop working in the middle of a game .....

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

PM me a list of bugs and I will go over it with Lyman

Wish I had a list.
All the ones I knew about were fixed in his last code update.

But if you could ask him to activate switches 38 and 39 in the Metallica pro code so we can hook our spinner mods to the correct two switches that would be amazing.
The switches are active in test mode but not during a game.
I realize it is a long shot, but it should be easy to do.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I am helping them figure out the 5YM bug. PM me a list of bugs and I will go over it with Stern.

Thanks a lot. I'm not sure all the bugs but hopefully will be some, it seems like I recall there was a medal count bug where you could have more silver medals than bronz. But I can't recall maybe someone has a better recollection.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

After posting here i went looking and saw that on the tilt forums. I didn't realize that user was Kieth elwin though, so I wasn't sure if that was the bug. I might have guessed it was though, because who else makes it to five year mission...

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:I am helping them figure out the 5YM bug. PM me a list of bugs and I will go over it with Stern.

PM sent.

Here was one of the other bug threads:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-v161-bugs

Rob

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks a lot. I'm not sure all the bugs but hopefully will be some, it seems like I recall there was a medal count bug where you could have more silver medals than bronz. But I can't recall maybe someone has a better recollection.

Not sure if this is what you are talking about, but there is a way to complete SJ1 and get the silver without the bronze.

#21 7 years ago

I contacted Stern directly about my bug find...completely ignore the Mission of your choice while taking all the others to Level 2 complete.

Now do the remaining Level 1. Play Koby Maru. Now do the remaining Level 2.

And...no Amok. You have to do and finish a Level 3.

THEN you get to do Amok.

#22 7 years ago

The 2 player Nero 2 bug comes to mind.

In a 2 player game. Nero 2 is started and plays fine. Drain ball. Other player plays their ball and drains. Original player resumes Nero 2. The shots are lit. Player plunges ball. The shots are no longer lit. Player can shoot the shots and nothing will happen

#23 7 years ago

The captain's chair award sequence was stomping on the lighting of EA and 5YM. You are only going to find this bug doing all missions 3 deep one at a time.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

I contacted Stern directly about my bug find...completely ignore the Mission of your choice while taking all the others to Level 2 complete.
Now do the remaining Level 1. Play Koby Maru. Now do the remaining Level 2.
And...no Amok. You have to do and finish a Level 3.
THEN you get to do Amok.

Is that the same bug as Keith's at the lower level? Is the reason the bug is unsolvable at the 5YM because there is no next level mission to complete?

#25 7 years ago

Anyone think that ST will receive one more update to polish the game?

#26 7 years ago

I hope so! With the color update so I can purchase a color dmd for mine!

#27 7 years ago

Yeah, maybe ColorDMD is waiting on a final update to the game before they support the game. I'm surr ColorDMD will come at some point.

I just picked up a barely used HUO ST pro last night. Looking forward to playing it!

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone think that ST will receive one more update to polish the game?

Pretty certain Jody said it would on a dead flip broadcast some time ago. But I never saw it as imminent. I also only expect it to address bugs.

#29 7 years ago

I just PM them will post answer as soon as I receive a answer from them. But from what I could find they were waiting for another update first.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looking forward to playing it!

Its fun and fast, I have noticed the buzzing sound from the R/flipper button going to see what I can find out about this.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Its fun and fast, I have noticed the buzzing sound from the R/flipper button going to see what I can find out about this.

Mine does this after I've been playing for awhile. I think it's the upper flipper on mine that does it.

#32 7 years ago

Wow,5ym, I have yet to complete a level 3 in any mode!!It seems i just bang around,doing the usual ramps,hitting targets i know i can hit without draining,warp 5 maybe 6,a occasional away mission,then bye bye!! Thank you all for catching the big ones!!

#33 7 years ago

One thing about the rules I was wondering is in regards to the Galatic Away Team modes. Are these regular modes like the games 18 main modes or are they used to enhance those modes?

#34 7 years ago

GaT enhances, I think, only the level 1 missions. Which I don't like...should be all 18.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

GaT enhances, I think, only the level 1 missions. Which I don't like...should be all 18.

Let's not forget the super lame Black Hole awards. While it's not a bug, it's something I wish they would address as well by making that feature of the game actually 'fun' to shoot for.

Rob

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Let's not forget the super lame Black Hole awards. While it's not a bug, it's something I wish they would address as well by making that feature of the game actually 'fun' to shoot for.
Rob

I like the existing Black Hole awards. Add-a-ball during multiball to restart the MB is huge. The non-MB rewards, which are much weaker by comparison, force you to not flail around and hit the Black Hole target by accident once it's qualified...save it for MB.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

2X bonus, 200k and nothing (200K pops does nothing) rather than stuff like add warp, spot lock, light lock ect... Yeah, pretty weak.

2 weeks later
#38 7 years ago

Any update on this?

#39 7 years ago

I'm hoping that Stern will release another ST update next month due the release of the 3rd movie.

#40 7 years ago

Stern should keep their word and polish ST like they promised when they release 1.61

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Stern should keep their word and polish ST like they promised when they release 1.61

I would imagine it's probably next in line, now that Met has been done.

The only one that concerns me is AC/DC ... it really needs slingshot strength adjustment and score / mode rebalancing. Would also be nice to be able to optionally disable canon / lower pf on Premium & LE. BUT ... they're never going to make any more, so may sweep it under the rug.

#42 7 years ago

To be honest, I wish if another code update is done that they would look through all the modes, sounds and current rules. There's so many dots that are missing sound for example and other things that just don't work right (like crew member callouts). Crew member callouts could have a points bonus which increments the more of them you collect. They could also factor into bonus count? Right now it's just a non feature which does nothing. Shot completion sounds during some missions is really lackluster and on others it's way over the top (KB3?).

Plus fix the things that were broken in the last update like Nero 2 end callout (now missing) and the weird extra ball lightshow that play fast then slow.

Rob

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I would imagine it's probably next in line, now that Met has been done.
The only one that concerns me is AC/DC ... it really needs slingshot strength adjustment and score / mode rebalancing. Would also be nice to be able to optionally disable canon / lower pf on Premium & LE. BUT ... they're never going to make any more, so may sweep it under the rug.

Not necessarily. Avengers got a massive update well after it was out of production.

#44 7 years ago

Not sure if this bug has been reported. Or if it's maybe a hardware issu... But I've never had this happen before. First time filming some play on stle. Klingon multiball ends when shield switches are hit.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Not sure if this bug has been reported. Or if it's maybe a hardware issu... But I've never had this happen before. First time filming some play on stle. Klingon multiball ends when shield switches are hit.
» YouTube video

It's more likely a trough problem where the game thinks a ball is there that isn't. Have you tried reseating the trough connectors? (With the machine off.)

#46 7 years ago

Lets hope for a code update, more ST pro & Prems going down the line in the next couple of months,

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, maybe ColorDMD is waiting on a final update to the game before they support the game. I'm surr ColorDMD will come at some point.

Not factually correct. It may have a marginal consideration; but SM and SMVE were done with the latter not necessarily done with code releases.
It has been stated other places that Star Trek has some "random sprites" which makes ST have a technical issue with the way the frames are checksum-med for color. The word I heard was "difficult". So; Randy at colordmd has to solve some technical issues before ST can proceed with color.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

It's more likely a trough problem where the game thinks a ball is there that isn't. Have you tried reseating the trough connectors? (With the machine off.)

Coming to think of it...a couple of months ago a ball ended when I only had 1 ball in play. Very intermittent!

#49 7 years ago

Well last update was 16 months ago it's a bit overdue

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

To be honest, I wish if another code update is done that they would look through all the modes, sounds and current rules. There's so many dots that are missing sound for example and other things that just don't work right (like crew member callouts). Crew member callouts could have a points bonus which increments the more of them you collect. They could also factor into bonus count? Right now it's just a non feature which does nothing. Shot completion sounds during some missions is really lackluster and on others it's way over the top (KB3?).
Plus fix the things that were broken in the last update like Nero 2 end callout (now missing) and the weird extra ball lightshow that play fast then slow.
Rob

I agree. The Galactic Modes help but most of the Missions usually boil down to: "shoot the flashing arrows". I think a little bit more variety might be needed.

Some more sounds added might be nice, too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-adding-code-another-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.