• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by smidog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

This was on an LE:

Ball 1 of game, was on space jump and was first mission. Drained fast right outlane, ball save immediately kicks out a ball as main ball hits the Outlane switch. Got a Lazarus on the main ball in play. Had a two ball multiball right away. Drained one and it didn't end the ball and would not expect it to due to the 9.9 warp add a ball rules and other mb carry over rules.
Settings changed: special to points and free play on and game restart off.

#2 10 years ago

I don't see anything listed that I consider a bug. Every single stern game out ball saves on outlane switch.

#3 10 years ago

It is an unfavorable event that I feel should be corrected, especially for competition play. No problem if you disagree. It is also why I stated (possible) bugs in the title. Comments are appreciated.

#4 10 years ago

Also, I do realize that turning ball save off would change things, but I would prefer an alternative change dealing with the release of ball save ball.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

This was on an LE:
Ball 1 of game, was on space jump and was first mission. Drained fast right outlane, ball save immediately kicks out a ball as main ball hits the Outlane switch. Got a Lazarus on the main ball in play. Had a two ball multiball right away. Drained one and it didn't end the ball and would not expect it to due to the 9.9 warp add a ball rules and other mb carry over rules.

You got a Lazarus ball on a outlane drain? Seems very odd unless you did a death save which isnt legal in competition anyways.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

Got a Lazarus on the main ball in play. Had a two ball multiball right away. Drained one and it didn't end the ball and would not expect it to due to the 9.9 warp add a ball rules and other mb carry over rules.

So what's the bug? Do you want it to end the ball when the Lazarus ball drains? This sounds more like an unintended feature rather than a bug. I don't think you should expect error correction for Lazarus balls.

Quoted from Skulz:

If you enable coin door ballsaver, you can 'pause' the game by opening the coin door. Handy for unexpected phone calls and bathroom breaks.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You got a Lazarus ball on a outlane drain? Seems very odd unless you did a death save which isnt legal in competition anyways.

Since they switched to plastic aprons, the likelihood of a Lazarus ball happening has increased significantly. On the plus side, the plastic apron makes bang backs nearly impossible.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Smassa are you speaking Klingon here??

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

No death save, no bang back, and no nudging. Not sure of degree of pitch, but bubble is centered. Just plain drain, and plain Lazarus. I agree that it was odd and is not likely.

I get quite a few Lazarus balls off newer sterns. Been playing xmen lately and it happens quite a bit. It happens a decent amount on Acdc too. Not always side drains, but sometimes center drains.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

So what's the bug? Do you want it to end the ball when the Lazarus ball drains? This sounds more like an unintended feature rather than a bug. I don't think you should expect error correction for Lazarus balls.

If you enable coin door ballsaver, you can 'pause' the game by opening the coin door. Handy for unexpected phone calls and bathroom breaks.

I would want the ball save to not kick out a ball until the ball enters the drain first - not upon triggering of outlane switch.

Quoted from phishrace:

Since they switched to plastic aprons, the likelihood of a Lazarus ball happening has increased significantly. On the plus side, the plastic apron makes bang backs nearly impossible.

Agreed on significant Lazarus increases.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

I would want the ball save to not kick out a ball until the ball enters the drain first - not upon triggering of outlane switch.

That's how it's always been, as you're likely aware. I wouldn't expect them to correct this as it would add slightly to ball times. Operators don't want that. If there is a whole crew of guys working on the software as has been suggested, I suppose they could do it when the game is set to tournament mode.

Quoted from Skulz:

Agreed on significant Lazarus increases.

Most are between the flippers though. I can't recall one from an outlane recently. Perhaps your outlane Lazarus ball was a 1 in a 1000 game occurrence? Would've loved to see video of it.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Since they switched to plastic aprons, the likelihood of a Lazarus ball happening has increased significantly.

Ive never had one happen on a outlane drain without doing something to the game like a slide save. I guess anything is possible though.

#13 10 years ago

LE Enterprise rail lights not active in attract mode. (Bug or feature?)

#14 10 years ago

Here's my list of bugs so far:

- LE features in attract mode do not work
- start button not lit on free play til after start is pressed
- combo champ is no longer displayed in attract mode

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here's my list of bugs so far:
- LE features in attract mode do not work
- start button not lit on free play til after start is pressed
- combo champ is no longer displayed in attract mode

Start button is fine and combo champ is there on the pro.
Still no siderails lights in attract mode though.

#16 10 years ago

I've had the ball bounce out off the apron after going down the right outlane a bunch of time on stle 645. If that's what a Lazarus is. If your paying attention it is like a bonus ball since it already kind of drained.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-14-possible-bugs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.