(Topic ID: 224916)

SST + Pinsound + and pinball pro speakers = no bass...

By ElCid95

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ElCid95
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I'm about a month into being a pinball owner and a week ago my subwoofer quit working on my SST game so I took the plunge to change out all my speakers with a set from pinball pro. I installed all the wires and the new speakers and subwoofer and..... the sound is about the same, also with no bass. All the connectors are snug, everything is grounded and the volume knob on the pinball pro is cranked to the max. In fact with all of the pinsound + dials in the middle, the sound is very low. When I crank them up to the + side, the sound gets louder, but nothing to write home about. It seems like something could be wrong with my CPU/Sound board... Any ideas on things to check?

#2 5 years ago

I figured it out. There is a gap between the pin connectors on the pinsound + for Data East/Sega games. The speaker cable is wiring connector has five spots with the middle spot not being connected to any wires. By lining up the unwired spot on the connector with the gap on the pinsound + board, I now get bass.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sst-pinsound-and-pinball-pro-speakers-no-bass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.