Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by YeOldPinPlayer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

My SST keeps asking if I want to know more. Yes.. Yes.. specifically on how the sound operates. I normally only get 1 game in and then I start experiencing sound issues. Sometimes the sound cuts off and continues to play the last tone it was on. Other times I lose music but not sound effects. On a few occasions the volume simply increases by itself. There doesn't appear to be any repeatable trigger... it happens at all different points in the game. No specific switches appear to be the cause.

Any ideas very appreciated.

Thanks!
Tim

#2 2 years ago

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sega/Stern_White_Star_Repair#CPU_.2F_Sound_Board
Interesting item from the Pinwiki about using a newer revision of the cpu in #starshiptroopers "If the CPU/Sound board II is used in early games, Starship Troopers for instance, some sounds may not render correctly."

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sega/Stern_White_Star_Repair#Sound_problems

Maybe try probing U6 while the game is working correctly, then comparing that to when it's malfunctioning? See if your logic probe shows the sound CPU is hanging or if the problem is in the BSMT or the DAC?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Harpers Ferry, WV
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Hardware
CPR Playfields
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 1,000.00
$ 1,200.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside