Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PoMC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Just started happening yesterday, all the GI goes out in a game. Doesn't happen after a certain length of time or during anything game specific when playing.

Not a blown fuse, in fact I can just turn the game off, pull the first GI fuse and put it back in, turn the game on and the GI is back. I reseated the GI connector earlier today and left the game on for a few hours and we just played for an hour until it happened again.

What should I check in this case?

#2 10 years ago

Ok, so just happened again. This time I left the machine on and was using a plastic stick to check for loose fuse holders. And then pressed the relay switch and the GI came back on.

So the relay is occasionally getting stuck in. This time occurred at the beginning of multiball when the GI flashes on and off a bunch of times.

What should I check? Would this be a relay going bad or something causing the relay to stick?

#3 10 years ago

this was happening on our RBG and it was:

a) a short somewhere odd inside the cabinet (the outhole coil was shorted to the apron!!!, and the coin door's right mech was shorted to the lockbar hardware...)

b) the capacitors on the powerboard dying- the capasitor issue was worse when cold and better when warm (enviromentally and in gameplay time).

Good luck.

(if you find out which combo in the matrix has to be 'on' for it to fail you'll find your issue, (loose wire, short to ground etc)

#4 10 years ago

Found this thread about Sega and same issue I'm having. So looks like it could just be the relay itself. Will test and post results when I have them for future reference.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/qoLf129b_KE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sst-gi-goes-out-fix-is-to-remove-a-fuse-reseat-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.