Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dono
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191031_130201_resized (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dono.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago

I hear comments at shows about how EMs are bore-fests, and when asking these folks for reasons they feel that way, they typically point to a game or set of games on the show floor that shouldn't be at any show... game functions that don't work, weak flips, not leveled properly, etc. etc... we need to make sure all EM games on the show floor work all the way and are shopped properly. We need to pass on the wow factor of EM games by respecting them in the way we prepare them for shows.

For me personally I can see how some lines are drawn... for me growing up, I started playing at the end of the 2 inch flipper era... there were a few games around that were still on route (Magic City, Royal Guard, Apollo, Buckaroo), but the crux of games I played were of the 3 inch variety. These games are what I poured my hard earned quarters into, and what I'm generally drawn to today.

That being said I try to play new-to-me-games at every show I attend; you never know what kind of game you'll fall in love with. Bally Spectrum and Nine Ball are two I never played until recently but definitely enjoyed to the max.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

To be fair, some of the generic EMs that are on display are borefests no matter how much you high tap them or have them set up.

Totally agree, if you took 100 random EM titles and asked me to list the keepers, I'd list maybe 10-15 tops, maybe less.

#47 4 years ago

I started using the pinguy app on my iphone... easy squeezy!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dono.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ss-vs-emsome-folks-just-don-t-know?tu=dono and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.