Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

Lets all hold hands and sing Kum ba yah

#102 11 years ago

I was bored so I read this entire thread. Seems to me looking from an objective perspective , If someone is to busy to repair the games that they are trying to sell, yet they spend the enormous amounts of time to responding to offensive posts, along with listing these games everywhere else, they must have a major time management problem, or possibly trying to master a bait and switch reel in a sucker attitude.

#103 11 years ago

Banker, we have been thru this already, you're way behind on this thread, its simply a for sale thread now, the bs is done, no need to stir it back up. I have routes to tend to and barely any room to work at the moment, like 1 square foot around each game. No need to post nonsense in an old post that is in the past anyhow. I spend most of my time fixing other peoples games, not my own. I probably do have some time management issues too, but things still sell, and if someone wants a game thats broken then Ill have to fix it, thats all. I own a few hundred games, most of the time i'm busting my ass to deliver / swap games on routes or doing home service. Or shipping parts or 1 of the other 30 things I do like filling vending machines, renting games, hauling them, going to auctions, etc. Pinballs still for sale, also have a nice Flash for sale too. I've already sold 10 games to people on these forums, none have been unsatisfied. Out of my pinballs, I have three that need repair out of about 100, thats not too shabby. And with the discount I give on ones that are broken, might as well buy them for cheaper if you can fix them. The problems I have on these broken ones will take some time to address as they are parts specific.

#104 11 years ago

ElectricCircuit:

I live in the SE Michigan area (I think you are in that area). Can you provide an updated list of what is available along with the prices. Thanks!

#105 11 years ago

I would like to see a price list to. thnx!

#106 11 years ago

PM sent for more info on your Congo. Think I sent one a few weeks ago as well. Still waiting.

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from ElectricCircuit:

every single time I open internet explorer.

IE is no fun for anyone.

On that note, quite an entertaining thread! Wait, just reread title, this is a FS thread?

#108 11 years ago

I'm looking for a Congo and a BDK.

#109 11 years ago

These are all OBO, if I can't sell I will lower most of them a bit... but so far alot of my machines have went. Obviously I will entertain best offers as I said as well!

Batman Dark Knight - 4100
Lord of the Rings - $4700
Stern Playboy - $2600
Harley (stern) - $3000
Scared Stiff - $4700
Simpsons Pinball Party - $3800
Congo-$2400 or $2100 as is (has a A/V board problem)
No Fear very good condition - $2350
Getaway - $1975 or $1750 as is (has two board problems I believe)
Johnny Mnemonic - $1975 working or $1750 as is (2 problems flippers and hand)
Flash - around a grand

If you know where to send the boards or can repair them yourself, it would be more economical to buy them as is on the ones with problems.

Most of these if you want them working I will swap boards to get them working and fix the non working boards later.

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I'm looking for a Congo.

In case you missed it, so it the guy that just posted 2 posts above yours... Let MNHotRod have a whack at this one first. No reason to pit pinsiders against each other in this case.

#111 11 years ago

I did PM hot rod, he does have first dibs on it, I will take a AV board out of another pin that has one in it and get it fully working in a day if you want the machine. (go through it etc) No problem there.

#112 11 years ago

Why is your BDK listed for $3950 in another thread but $4100 here? And why does the Congo now have an av board problem and listed for $2100 or $2400 working? After seeing these two things I went back and read thru the rest of the thread. Having done that, why was Congo listed at $1700 then $1900 when Silverballz called on the CL ad. Then later listed for $2050, sold for $2100, listed here for $2400 as mint, then edited to no longer say mint as we Pinsiders understand mint as something else than what operators consider mint. You don't need to answer these questions, I just wanted the info in front of me for reference.

I contacted a fellow Pinsider in MI to see if he could go look at this machine and he advised against it. I have no issue with the op of this thread, and would love to find a nice Congo for my game room, but something tells me to proceed with caution.

Are there any Pinsiders near the op of this thread that could go inspect this Congo for Pinlawer and myself?

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Why is your BDK listed for $3950 in another thread but $4100 here? And why does the Congo now have an av board problem and listed for $2100 or $2400 working? After seeing these two things I went back and read thru the rest of the thread. Having done that, why was Congo listed at $1700 then $1900 when Silverballz called on the CL ad. Then later listed for $2050, sold for $2100, listed here for $2400 as mint, then edited to no longer say mint as we Pinsiders understand mint as something else than what operators consider mint.

He likes to change his prices depending on what mood he's in.

1 week later
#114 11 years ago

Electric I finally replied to your pm. Sry for late response, medical issue Anyway, I would like to hook up with you. If for any reason because we appear to live within a minute of eachother. Or maybe Roseville is your work address. Either way. I am an impulse collector. An earlier post in this thread stated you had 30 pins at one time for sale. I am the kind of guy that would love to walk your for sale aisle and buy cash on the spot. No drama, no stress. I will know personally, before handing over money, what I may end up needing to do parts and labor after the sale. You will never hear me complain after the sale back to you. Honest!

Hope to talk soon in person.

#115 11 years ago

Like you said, its not that I have to reply to this as you don't have to know everything about my business, but I will. Had two congos, sold one. Had three TSPP, sold two. etc. Most of my games I had/have numerous of. Congo is listed at different prices because I need to do a board repair on this one that I have, the other has been gone. I thought this congo worked fully, as it did the last time I turned it on. Also if you haven't noticed congo has been going up in the past three months considerably. After I sold the first I looked again to see what they were going for and priced the other accordingly (to me) My opinion of mint wasn't the same as other people as I moved these quickly never had to even deal with stating condition in my business as people would come judge that themselves and decide if they wanted to pay my price. I had never even heard of HUO before coming on these forums and it never really was even brought up by any customers in my 40 years of selling pinballs. And I have owned and sold almost every single pinball ever made. Numerous MM, TAF, TAFG, CV, AFM, all the way to jumping jacks, oxos, gorgars, flash, etc. I since have realized what mint is and only a few of my pinballs are close to it. (only a few of my pins never seen a route) I have about 30 pinballs / videos in my basement right now, this congo is in the very corner, can barely walk to it; literally. BDK is listed here for 4100 as this post was before the other one ( haven't updated this post lately, been selling locally. have obviously dropped the price on BDK since ) As for someone advising not to come to look at the pins, I have yet to have one person come (from forums of any kind) and not buy a machine, every person who has come to look at a game has bought it so IDK where that comes from. I have numerous pins, and little time to fix boards, not going to pay someone to fix what I can fix. Ill normally just swap the board and get back to the repair when I have time. I sell 100s of video games as well, about 7-10 a week, and that is where my majority of time goes along with moving games, vending, home service, and routing. I can do a board swap if you want it fully working, or you can fix it yourself and save money. I feel like i've said that before on this thread...

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Electric I finally replied to your pm. Sry for late response, medical issue Anyway, I would like to hook up with you. If for any reason because we appear to live within a minute of eachother. Or maybe Roseville is your work address. Either way. I am an impulse collector. An earlier post in this thread stated you had 30 pins at one time for sale. I am the kind of guy that would love to walk your for sale aisle and buy cash on the spot. No drama, no stress. I will know personally, before handing over money, what I may end up needing to do parts and labor after the sale. You will never hear me complain after the sale back to you. Honest!
Hope to talk soon in person.

I live in Roseville as well, I have some pins here, maybe 10. The rest are elsewhere or on route... Only so much room with the other 60 machines in house garage and basement lol. You can come check the ones out here when-ever you want and im around.

All of the pins for sale except the harley, playboy, lotr and tspp are here. Those four are in my buddies garage / a friends back room at his shop. I also have a few pins here that aren't on the list as they currently aren't for sale unless I get extra good value.

#117 11 years ago

And I think the whole problem is, I try to do too much at one time. I probably should try to sell one game at a time, go through it, and then post it, but most people will work on price etc based on what needs to be done. And with me buying most of my games in bulk and my other work, its very hard to have the space / time to work on one game and hope I can sell that quickly to make room for another; therefore I post them all and sell darts, pool tables, big buck hunters, golden tees, other videos, slot machines, pokers, jukes, and pinballs and I don't really focus on one area specifically at a time. I focus on the task at hand, if someone wants something, ill then dedicate my time to that machine to move it. I have to spend a hour or two just to physically get to some of my games.

1 week later
#118 11 years ago

LOTR is sold, SS pending payment and pickup tomorrow.

#119 11 years ago

Also added a STTNG to the list.

#120 11 years ago

"I realize you think im bi-polar and apparently my price changes all the time, but it hasn't changed on this second congo pinball i have. The first one I did change the price as I had to dump some more money into it. I have done a deal with john in the past and it went smooth, even gave him a brand new dmd. If you want to take a look at the machine, I don't have any hard feelings about what you said, it would be strictly business. I got off on the wrong foot here, but most of my pinballs have sold. After tomorrow I probably only have around 10 left. Im actually a pretty good guy, I just didn't like everyone ganging up on me. I didn't know how to deal with it as im an operator and never had to deal with that kind of criticism before. I have always sold my stuff locally and people would just come to look at the games and would say yes or no, never had to evaluate them / their condition. The guy coming tomorrow to buy my LOTR and SS is also interested in congo BDK and HS2, but if you want one ill do you a solid and you can check mine out. It does have an A/V board problem, I will give you a little break on it to get that board fixed if you want the machine. I haven't sold less than 10 games in a week since a month before christmas, and the congo is in the corner of my basement, haven't got to work on it. I have another 16 games going out in the next 3 weeks, 3 of which I have to build myself. Let me know if you're interested. Im not a bad guy, like I said, just got off on the wrong foot, I'd be glad to show ya that it was just a bad mistake for me to rebel on these forums from people criticism. John told me just to avoid replying to people that bash me, and to let others check out the condition of the games or post pictures and let the customer judge them, so I have used that as constructive criticism and have been doing well since. Sorry I seemed like an asshole and changing prices before. Another thing that probably got it in the way of my pricing was I didn't need to sell them once 5-6 of them sold, so on the first congo I did mark up the price a little more than original asking price. And I did do a shopping etc, which I shouldn't have marked up the price from, but I did. I've learned and putting the past behind me. If you want to take a look, give me a shout. "

I have emailed after this rambling and again, no reply. You know what to do with your Congo.

#121 11 years ago

MAF-MI, sold 6 games today, just got back to the house to update lists, you would be the other pinsider I was talking about, just haven't had time until now to call you. Been way too busy, sold a T2, T3, LOTR, SS, and 2 videos. I actually saved the congo for you... he wanted to take it today and I told him I had another person looking at it first.

#122 11 years ago

Scared Stiff gone, STTNG listed. Pics available tomorrow or saturday of the STTNG

#123 11 years ago

I didn't bother reading through the entire thread as I do not like to be a part of insignificant bantering. Here is what I know....I am the guy who bought the SS and the LOTR. I honestly must say that those of you who are critical of this seller, have nothing better to do than complain.
Some of you may think that on paper I overpaid......maybe. Some of you may question the seller's descriptions....perhaps. Here is what I know....
I knew going in full well that this was going to be an OP deal. I mean, any routed machine, what do you really expect? I have friends in Windsor in the OP business that have machines that have been in bars and have gotten beat. I personally saw all of the machines he had for sale and for being routed machines, they were impeccable. He has a BDK that has had a ton of plays on it, yet, there is no wear anywhere on the machine! If you want "mint" buy NIB, hassle a collector, look for HUO. For not being HUO, they are definitely worth the money.
I am SUPER HAPPY with my experiences purchasing from these guys. I too understand it is a business. These guys are not here to hand us the shirt off of their back. They too hae to feed their families. The cool thing is that God gave most of us 2 eyes. Read his posts, make contact, see his machines and decide for yourself.
I know this hobby can be cut-throat and bull-shit at times but people need to lay off business men!
BTW, I will definitely be back to buy more. KEEP THAT CONGO FOR ME!!!!

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I honestly must say that those of you who are critical of this seller, have nothing better to do than complain.

I stopped reading after that.

#125 11 years ago

Hollywood, I don't suppose you happened to see any nice vids there did you? Currently looking for Space Duel, Joust, Stargate, Moonwalker, and Xenophobe.

#126 11 years ago

Thanks hollywood, you are also a great buyer, I'd be happy to take care of you anytime you need something. No hassel, easy transactions. Best experience you could ask for. My batman has had $9800 run through the mechs, yet like you said, its still in very good condition. Oh, and to the other guy asking about the videos, I do have a xenophobe cabinet that was converted, I do have the control panel, so if you could score a PCB, you would have a nice xenophobe for cheap. I still have yet to have anyone dis-satisfied who has actually came to meet me and look at what I have to offer. Thanks for the kind words again. Still have a few of these pinballs left to anyone else wanting to do some business.

#127 11 years ago

So Hollywood, you're the sucker to buy that garbage.
I'm not sure god gave you two eyes if you think his crap is impeccable

#128 11 years ago

PM sent on the Xenophobe

#129 11 years ago

For ROUTED machines, some WERE impeccable. I run businesses that have machines in them. I have been in many locations and seen games that had been carved into, been tipped over, been spilled on. I know many OPs who really don't care as long as their machines make money. Haven't you ever been somewhere and cringe at the state of a game that you know you could take way better care of?
I have a HUO CFTBL, SWDE and VERY gently used IJ and JP. I know EC's machines aren't perfect...I realized this when I read routed. So yes... My eyesight is fine.
All I'm saying is that I knew what I was getting into when I made the call. If you want CQ, then look elsewhere.
I am happy with the purchases and that is all that matters.
To anyone in the area...inquire with confidence. A response to the seller....a visit, and you can decide for yourself.
Believe me....there are bigger trolls out there!

#130 11 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

So Hollywood, you're the sucker to buy that garbage.
I'm not sure god gave you two eyes if you think his crap is impeccable

This kind of crap only happens on forums, it would lead to someones teeth being kicked down their throat in person; in my neck of the woods. Does silver know me? Clearly not. Has he looked at any of my machines other than in crappy pictures? No. Has his or anyone elses comments stopped my machines from selling? No. Will it? Probably not. He clearly just has too much time on his hands. I've learned most of these forums are just people pissing into a sea of piss. Some people just can't help themselves hollywood, I appreciate you trying to let people know how things really are and went, but as we talked about there will always be the people who just hide behind their cpus, say random unjustifiable nonsense and troll for sale threads. Once again I've yet to have one person come look at a machine; pinball or video, and leave empty handed. No reason to even argue with anyone over things they have no idea about. I learned that earlier in this thread. So Im just going to say that one comment and keep the for sale thread going.

#131 11 years ago

**** I would highly recommend, if you are dealing with This OP to do so at your own Risk! ****

I had a collector friend, contact him a few times, some verbal agreements and the agreements were broken on the Ops End. Some very interesting stories that there is no reason to post.

Pin Lawyer, and other Arizona people... think Karlzona realm.

I wish NOT to be contacted by the OP,
I am just looking out for some of my friends out there that have done the same for me in the past.

thanks
Scott
Detroit Pinball

#132 11 years ago

Scott, never heard of you or your company in 40 years of doing this. And if your buddy is MAF I contacted him. Some games people asked about needed repair and they never came. Where is this "detroit pinball" you speak about? Once again scott is someone i've never heard of or met. If your friends never came to look at a game thats their fault, the only people who I would have not responded to were people offering a lot lower on pins or people wanting to look at / buy pins that werent fixed and they wanted them working. Also the day I got the LOTR back home, the very same day, it sold. So if it was someone asking about LOTR, than no I never scheduled times to look at it as it was in a club no one could have gotten into to see it anyhow. BTW, now that I have some space to work all the pinballs will be fixed in 7-10 days.

Oh and just to show your ignorance scott, anytime you deal with anyone, especially not knowing them you do it at your own risk, whose else risk would it be? Also, what kind of risks could there possibly be when buying a pinball? You see it before you buy it, so its your fault if you don't like it. Also, is your LOTR really that much better than mine was because it had 2 less marks on the cabinet? roflmao. I've sold 4-5 of every DMD pin ever made and thats not because im doing something wrong here.

Also, when you type in pinball on google or iphone maps why does my company show up but yours doesn't? Just wondering... its an honest question.

#133 11 years ago

The three pinballs that had board problems will be fixed in the next 7-10 days now that I have some room to work.

#134 11 years ago

I purchased a pin from these guys recently and I am THRILLED with the condition of my machine and how AMAZING they were to do business with.

Thank you for the great experience! I will be back for sure!

#135 11 years ago

it would lead to someones teeth being kicked down their throat in person; in my neck of the woods.

#136 11 years ago

This kind of crap only happens on forums, it would lead to someones teeth being kicked down their throat in person; in my neck of the woods.

Time for a new post/thread! Just sayin..

#137 11 years ago

No reason to even argue with anyone over things they have no idea about. I learned that earlier in this thread.

no you didn't. you haven't learned anything.

and as for Hollywood, he is either very new and doesn't know any better ... or ...
he doesn't really exist and it's just another user name for ElectricCircuit. It just seems like such a phony post.

#138 11 years ago

This kind of crap only happens on forums, it would lead to someones teeth being kicked down their throat in person; in my neck of the woods.

Stay classy!

#139 11 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

as for Hollywood, he is either very new and doesn't know any better ... or ...he doesn't really exist and it's just another user name for ElectricCircuit. It just seems like such a phony post.

I am new yes. I do know better and I am very real. Many users on this forum can confirm that. I have offered my restaurant (google Bubi's Awesome Eats) up as a "release party location" for the Skit-B guys (Predator) if they so desire. Silverballz, I don't understand your issue?? I think in my limited time in the hobby I have acquired a fairly decent collection of games? No?
I don't know your past history with ElectricCircuit....I don't really care. All I am trying to say is that I liked doing business with this OP. They were friendly, knowledgeable and overall good guys - they took in viciously abused animals for Christ's sake!
I knew going in the machines were used, but that's what I liked about them. If they were CQ, not only would I be disappointed not being able to work on and make them mine, but I'd be out a lot more money (see GnR 7500$). I've seen what people deem CQ (just check CL), that is a VERY OVERUSED/inaccurate term today. As for ridiculous pricing (if that was your issue), look at ebay - just check the games listed from the seller in Texas...I've learned to steer clear of "salesmen" with a black and white checkered floor

I am sorry you might have had a bad experience with ElectricCircuit! To other Canadians and my northern American friends I would definitely buy from them again. Like I said....they're OPs. Their machines are routed. Go have a look...what's the worst that can happen? You pass on a game?? There are much bigger travesties in life.

Kyle

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Stay classy!

Its true, whether its classy or not lol. Is what silver said classy? No. Who gaf. If you wouldn't say it to my face, don't hide behind the cpu and say it. Makes you look like a fool. But I know you're opinion is golden, right? Actually wait... no its not. Stay golden pony boy.

And no, none of these people have actually had a bad experience with me, they just like to read my replies to fools posting nonsense in someones for sale thread and try to gang up like some internet know it all tough guys. You can form an opinion by my replies, but im not going to back down to some fool on a for sale thread posting irrelevant crap that doesn't even make sense half of the time. They are asking for a reply, so often ill give them one. All this is is people with no lives who have nothing better to do, at all, then to sit here and form useless opinions of people they've never met. They probably watch the maury show as well.

#141 11 years ago

I have been watching this thread and I have to say I have dealt with ElectricCircuit and would recommend buying his pins for sale anytime. Please ElectricCircuit can you relist in a new thread what you have left for sale and prices you are currently asking for them. Please, Please start a new thread.

Thanks

#142 11 years ago

If you wouldn't say it to my face

Yeah RobT, jump on a plane and travel across the country to call the kettle black.

#143 11 years ago

May I ask if you have any association with "Games people play"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ss-tom-lotr-congo-jm-nf-more-in-michigan/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.