You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PF_complete_(3)S.jpg
PF_complete_(2)S.jpg
PF_completeS.jpg
#1 11 years ago

OK, I started the process to install a backboard decal for SS and as typical, its much more involved than expected. So, I'm removing the ramps and then discover that I cannot remove the spider ramp without removing the stiff coffin assembly. The problem is I cannot see how I can remove the stiff coffin without removing the spider ramp (it appears to wrap around it). Has anyone did this before and if so, how did you get that ramp removed?

Thanks,
Greg

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

OK, I started the process to install a backboard decal for SS and as typical, its much more involved than expected. So, I'm removing the ramps and then discover that I cannot remove the spider ramp without removing the stiff coffin assembly. The problem is I cannot see how I can remove the stiff coffin without removing the spider ramp (it appears to wrap around it). Has anyone did this before and if so, how did you get that ramp removed?
Thanks,
Greg

You may have to loosen the coffin assembly to get the ramp out. I have done it a few times and it's a pain. On mine the pin that holds the top of the casket rubs on the ramp. You may have to remove that pin but just know how the spring is orientated to get it back together. The ramps will need to be taken off together. Take your time.

#4 11 years ago

I finally got it. Had to remove the coffin and lid and even then you have to force it little bit. Worked on it all afternoon and still couldn't get it done. Lots of challenges putting the flasher claws back together, coffin, boney beast ramp, LED skull pine (WTF almost a stoke of luck getting them all to stay and affixed to the back board).

For those that choose to embark on the task of adding the BB decal, plan on an entire day, its a bitch.

#5 11 years ago

Haha I had the same problem this week. Did a complete rebuild on an ss, has taken far too long due to other commitments etc ...

I've shopped plenty of games but those two ramps were a pain. As per OP trying to get the ramp around the coffin was a PITA. I ended up loosening the whole coffin assy and managed to twist the new ramp around it, but it was dry mouth stuff. Didn't want to crack the new $$$$$$ ramp ... That woulda been a real bummer!!

Anyway, got it looking all smart in the end.

Dave. PF_completeS.jpgPF_completeS.jpg PF_complete_(2)S.jpgPF_complete_(2)S.jpg PF_complete_(3)S.jpgPF_complete_(3)S.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 39.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 38.00
£ 37.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 249.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ss-spider-ramp-removal-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.