• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20220817_173923 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I searched for this issue and couldn't seem to find anyone having the same. I'm working on a pin for someone and I've got it all working except the chimes while in game.

The chimes all work fine, because when you press start to begin a game, it gives the start up tune.

In game, no chimes for any scoring, no matter what switch is hit. Game does score properly.

Things that may be important to know:
-Some owner at some point eliminated almost all connectors and soldered every wire from edge connector to edge connector. They actually did a decent job and I've checked continuity from the wires to the nearest components and it seems solid. Not ideal, but does the job.
-I've added the ground mods from pcbs to the ground plane, as suggested in Clay's guide.
-I've added the pullup resistor to the Kings reset coil transistor under the playfield.
-I see a tiny amount of corrosion from the old battery, but really hardly anything. I'll attach a pic.

This is my first system 1 repair. Thanks for any suggestions.

-RC

20220817_173923 (resized).jpg20220817_173923 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

check DIP 6 it controls chimes when scoring. On is yes, Off is No. sometimes they get flakey and toggling it back and forth will 'clean' it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 1 year ago

start button tune is controlled separate, on switch 14, coin tune on switch 23

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

check DIP 6 it controls chimes when scoring. On is yes, Off is No. sometimes they get flakey and toggling it back and forth will 'clean' it.[quoted image]

Oh, man, I'll be thrilled if it's that simple. Fingers crossed. Thanks, much.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

check DIP 6 it controls chimes when scoring. On is yes, Off is No. sometimes they get flakey and toggling it back and forth will 'clean' it.[quoted image]

Ended up being switch 20 but that did it. Rocked off and on a few times and it's working. Thanks man. Had no system 1 experience. Woot.

#6 1 year ago

oops, sorry about that, I had a reading error, yes switch 20. glad you got it figured out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ss-joker-poker-no-chimes-during-gameplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.