4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I picked up a joker poker and have it just about sorted minus a couple things to tune up still. I don't have a schematic to reference so I dont know what all to look at specifically. When I got this machine nothing worked. The biggest issue is the game locks up with A3-j5 connected. And I don't know what all is on that connector to check.

A3-J5. If I unplug it the game functions 100% minus, Kings, Flippers, and some controlled lights (mainly center playfield bonus lights)far as I can tell. All the scoring is functional 100% and it keeps track fo the game. With nothing happening the score board blinks to indicate the player.

A3-J5 plugged in: Game Starts and its dead. Flippers function, Kings and thats it. The score board stutters and does not blink. No points process and the game is a brick.

I have checked the Game Over and Tilt Relays and ran a VMM meter over all of the switches and they are all either open/closed based on how they appear to be. Slam tilts are bypassed. Resistance on the coils all is right where it is suppose to be. I never had any corrosion from the batteries. And when i first got the game it even played correctly for a short period on and off. I have not repined anything due to the ones I pulled looking fairly nice. This machine sat for 15 years so it does not have a ton of electrical scars.

Any ideas would be great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ss-joker-poker-locks-up-with-a3-j5-plugged-in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.