Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

A nice article is in the Lake Shore Weekly News, for anyone interested.

http://weeklynews.com/main.asp?SectionID=26&SubSectionID=37&ArticleID=10808

LTG : )

#2 11 years ago

Awesome LTG.

you are a great asset to this site and hobby.

#3 11 years ago

Nice picture. Thanks for posting the write-up. LTG - Keep on keepin' on.

#4 11 years ago

Great article and dog. Hope you are open for a long time.

#5 11 years ago

I never knew you were the only employee working there.

#6 11 years ago

That poor dog has such a tough job, having to keep customers calm by being awesome when their ball drains. It's a real shame that all that work doesn't even earn her the status of being an employee...I thought we lived in the year 2012!

All joking aside, I enjoyed the article a lot. Congrats!

#7 11 years ago

Wait a minute... LTG is LLoyd Olson??!!

Wow.. I was saying nice things about you in another thread about RGP. Never knew LTG was you!

#8 11 years ago

Nice article, and congrats on 40 years! Quite an accomplishment.

"Until I die," (Love it!)
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#9 11 years ago

Congrats!
    Thanks for all that you do for the pinball community.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Wow.. I was saying nice things about you in another thread about RGP. Never knew LTG was you!

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause you to say nice things.

I'll try and be more careful.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The thread was about why RGP is getting less and less traffic. I said the final straw for me was when that "Hot Dog" guy was being so mean spirited to you regarding your business.

Haven't been back since.

#12 11 years ago

Pismo, don't let the FF's of the world cause you to ignore good things. He's a douche, most everyone agrees, just add him to your ignore list. Some really great advice from the sages still are had there, there is room for two pinball 'groups'.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Pismo, don't let the FF's of the world cause you to ignore good things. He's a douche, most everyone agrees, just add him to your ignore list. Some really great advice from the sages still are had there, there is room for two pinball 'groups'.

I know... Just the fact that he upset a great guy like Lloyd totally pissed me off.

Having said that... you're right.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

PismoArcade said:

I see what you did there

#15 11 years ago

Thank you for the link. Fun to read. Love the photo. Hopefully some good exposure for you.

#16 11 years ago

That is awesome how you have kept this place going. We need more people like you.

#17 11 years ago

Great article thanks for sharing

#18 11 years ago

You sure put in a lot of hours!

#19 11 years ago

Great writeup and Thanks for sharing Lloyd.

LTG all the way!

Ken

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

You sure put in a lot of hours!

I don't have anything else to do.

10 minutes or less I fix when I'm open. Bigger things I come in early for or leave late for.

And the in between I try and help people with their games.

#21 11 years ago

Great article LTG! I've been there, and still want your POTC!!!

#22 11 years ago

Congrats. If you were within a couple hours driving distance, I would put some quarters into your machines.

Good to see somebody working at what they love.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

A nice article is in the Lake Shore Weekly News, for anyone interested.
    http://weeklynews.com/main.asp?SectionID=26&SubSectionID=37&ArticleID=10808

Prada is the best. She is so personable.......oh and your pretty alright as well Lloyd.

Chris

#24 11 years ago

made it to ss billiards last march, my daughter got married in the cities and I stopped in for some pinball that week, only prob was I only had about an hour ,spent most of my time visiting with lloyd , but I did manage a few games of bbb, not many of them in the wild. Thanks for your insight,and always positive posts lloyd.

#25 11 years ago

Congrats on the nice article, Lloyd! And yes, it is great to have you here on the Pinside - I hope I will make it to Minnesota one day

#26 11 years ago

Congrats on the news coverage, LTG!

#27 11 years ago

I visted LTG on a work trip, had a great time and bought a lower rudy jaw to remember the time. Great guy! Thanks LTG!

#28 11 years ago

Nice going Lloyd , that's a real nice article .
    Well done .

#29 11 years ago

Nice article Lloyd, love the picture of you and Prada. I was just saying to someone yesterday, I don't understand people that don't like dogs.

#30 11 years ago

Great article. Thanks for sharing!

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Congrats on the nice article, Lloyd! And yes, it is great to have you here on the Pinside - I hope I will make it to Minnesota one day []

Thank you Robin.

And thank you everyone for the kind words !

#32 11 years ago

Hi LTG,

Nice article, loved the place... since that discovery of SS Billiards, I have been fortunate enough to play on 2 other BBB... so 3 in total, not too bad...but yours is the best.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Hi LTG,

Nice article, loved the place... since that discovery of SS Billiards, I have been fortunate enough to play on 2 other BBB... so 3 in total, not too bad...but yours is the best.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

I really enjoyed your visit Jean-Louis. I hope we meet again.

2 weeks later
    #34 11 years ago

Great article. I can only imagine all the things you have seen and experienced over the past 40 years working there. Your dedication is amazing.

#35 11 years ago

Just finished up my business trip in Minn and dropped by this week so see my old friend Lloyd. I only get to Minn every four or five years, but I always make time for SS Billiards. Prada was doing the usual job of protecting the fort, and Lloyd had great stories to tell as usual. Put in games on MM, AFM, FGY, BBB, Taxi and Police Force. Always a treat.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Just finished up my business trip in Minn and dropped by this week so see my old friend Lloyd.

Thank you for stopping in. Always a pleasure to see you.

Glad you got home safe and sound,

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ss-billiards-in-the-news and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.