• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

02_sys11_sr17.jpg
01_sys11_sr03.jpg
#1 3 years ago

I’m trying to figure out what are all of the SR and SRC resistor clusters in the switch matrix on a F-14 Tomcat. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

#2 3 years ago

The SR is a resistor network. Some of the resistor networks are discrete and some are bussed. Consult the schematic for more information.

The SRC is a resistor network with a capacitor network. These are NLA (no longer available). The capacitor part is not present in the currently available parts. Fortunately the absence of the capacitor does not appear to cause problems but the circuit was designed with the capacitor. Williams used the SRC in the switch matrix circuitry for System 11 and System 11A. When the board was revised to System 11B the unused connector 1J9 and associated circuitry was removed and the board real estate was reclaimed to replace the SRC with discrete resistors and capacitors.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

The SR is a resistor network. Some of the resistor networks are discrete and some are bussed. Consult the schematic for more information.
The SRC is a resistor network with a capacitor network. These are NLA (no longer available). The capacitor part is not present in the currently available parts. Fortunately the absence of the capacitor does not appear to cause problems but the circuit was designed with the capacitor. Williams used the SRC in the switch matrix circuitry for System 11 and System 11A. When the board was revised to System 11B the unused connector 1J9 and associated circuitry was removed and the board real estate was reclaimed to replace the SRC with discrete resistors and capacitors.

Thanks for the response. I have an 11A system. I ordered an SR11, SR14, SR9, SR10, SR12, SR13, SR15, and an SRC6 from Marco yesterday. They were showing they had the exact replacement for part number 5019-09669-00 which is the part number for the SRC6 cluster, so I’m assuming it has the capacitors. I’m trying to find out if any other of these SR or SRC resistors on the board are tied into the switch matrix in any way such as SR3 and SR17.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

... Marco yesterday. They were showing they had the exact replacement for part number 5019-09669-00 which is the part number for the SRC6 cluster, so I’m assuming it has the capacitors.

"RESISTOR SIP 10 PIN 1K 9R 10 5%

Single inline 10 pin bussed resistor network 1k 9r 10 5%

Reference: Bourns 4310R-101-102LF"

This part is not 100% compatible. It does NOT contain the capacitor network. It's a 10 pin 9 resistor bussed network resistor. This means that the 9th resistor will connect directly to ground if you install it on your board. You want a 9 pin 8 resistor bussed network resistor (Bourns 4609X-101-102LF available @ https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=4609X-101-102). For the part you ordered from Marco you should cut off the 10th pin (9th resistor) as the 9th resistor connected to ground is an unwanted "side effect" when installing this part.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

"RESISTOR SIP 10 PIN 1K 9R 10 5%
Single inline 10 pin bussed resistor network 1k 9r 10 5%
Reference: Bourns 4310R-101-102LF"
This part is not 100% compatible. It does NOT contain the capacitor network. It's a 10 pin 9 resistor bussed network resistor. This means that the 9th resistor will connect directly to ground if you install it on your board. You want a 9 pin 8 resistor bussed network resistor (Bourns 4609X-101-102LF available @ https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=4609X-101-102). For the part you ordered from Marco you should cut off the 10th pin (9th resistor) as the 9th resistor connected to ground is an unwanted "side effect" when installing this part.

Ok. I have a couple of these already: 4610X101102LF
I guess I’ll cancel the one from Marco and use one of these instead and clip off the 10th pin. Are there any other SR or SCR clusters associated with the switch matrix? Didn’t know if SR3 or SR17 were. Thanks again!

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

Are there any other SR or SCR clusters associated with the switch matrix? Didn’t know if SR3 or SR17 were. Thanks again!

Quoted from DumbAss:

Consult the schematic for more information.

01_sys11_sr03.jpg01_sys11_sr03.jpg02_sys11_sr17.jpg02_sys11_sr17.jpg
#7 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve always wanted to say this....... Thanks Dumbass! Lol!

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Does the end pin need to be clipped off on the replacement SR resistors just like the SCR ones?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

Does the end pin need to be clipped off on the replacement SR resistors just like the SCR ones?

No.

The "SR" is a bussed resistor work. It contains ONLY resistors. Use the exact number of pins.

The "SRC" is a bussed resistor/capacitor network. The marked pin on the SRC is the common pin for the bussed resistors. The last pin on the SRC is the common pin for the bussed capacitors. Either cut off the last resistor for an identical number of pins as the footprint or use a part with one less pin than the footprint.

Note the common pin before installing so you have the correct orientation / polarization.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

No.
The "SR" is a bussed resistor work. It contains ONLY resistors. Use the exact number of pins.
The "SRC" is a bussed resistor/capacitor network. The marked pin on the SRC is the common pin for the bussed resistors. The last pin on the SRC is the common pin for the bussed capacitors. Either cut off the last resistor for an identical number of pins as the footprint or use a part with one less pin than the footprint.
Note the common pin before installing so you have the correct orientation / polarization.

Ok. Thanks! I understand the white dot on the board and the dot on the resistors which is pin 1 need to match up. I will clip pin 10 on the SCR one only.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

No.

I’m happy to report after replacing the SCR6 and SR10 resistors the issues have seemed to have gone away. I’ve played at least 10 games with no issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sr-and-src-switch-matrix-f-14-tomcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.