Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinstyle
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-720.jpg
IMAG0008.jpg
IMAG0018.jpg
1146463_10202678358258328_564929401_n.jpg
image-906.jpg
IMG_0601.JPG
IMG_0600.JPG
Upper - original.JPG
whole - original.JPG
image-932.jpg
IMG_3605.JPG
IMG_3603.JPG
IMG_20131205_074925_100.jpg
image-322.jpg
image-765.jpg
image-709.jpg

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I've got a tech coming out to check on the +12V short, (gave up and called in an expert).
Now moving onto the shop job. I don't think I'm going to remove the mylar since it's not bad and it's going to a neighbor. I am going to try to polish it up a bit though.
Here are some pics
IMG_3514[1].JPGIMG_3513[1].JPG

#2 5 years ago

I've got a scan of the spinner in case anyone needs it.

#3 5 years ago

Nice to see an under appreciated title get some TLC. More pics please!

#4 5 years ago

Thanks Pinster for the support. I used a dremel for the first time to polish the gates, ball guides and some screw heads. WOW! All I used was some mothers mag and the dremel cotton wheel. I'll grab a photo of that. Here's a photo of some dirt.
image-981.jpg

#5 5 years ago

Looks solid. Should clean up nice.

#6 5 years ago

Couldn't stand the crud! Had to remove the rust and repaint
image-309.jpg

#7 5 years ago

image-614.jpg

#8 5 years ago

So, I wanted to shine up the Mylar. I bought the $19 3M headlight restore kit at Ace. I tried the 800 grit on a small section and got nervous with the scratch. I just used the 3000 gray wet sand disc, then 3M compound followed by Plastix. I'm happy with the results. I even used the Plastix on the paint with stellar results.
Here are a couple of pics. One will show the edge of the Mylar where the ball never travels. You can see how close the shine got. Not bad at all. I wouldn't use the compound in the kit on the paint as I don't know what's in it.
image-900.jpgimage-950.jpgimage-569.jpg

#9 5 years ago

Not familiar with that compound but the results look decent. It can be messy with stuff flinging around. A new 1" and/or 2" paint brush and a vacuum should clean it up nice.

Keep 'em coming.

#10 5 years ago

Actually, I used a small amt of compound and Plastix. I smeared it around and it wasn't messy. The instructions say a dime amt.

#11 5 years ago

image-1.jpg

#12 5 years ago

Nice!

I'm starting to feel like your one-man fan club here. C'mon Pinsiders, show some support ... This pin is looking good.

#13 5 years ago

I like, nice work..

#14 5 years ago

Haha thanks guys

#15 5 years ago

Here's yet another lesson in "get that battery off the board!"
Perfectly good looking radio shack battery....not!

image-848.jpg

#16 5 years ago

image-253.jpg

#17 5 years ago

The tech that came out installed the new Ram memory in place of a battery!

image-150.jpg

#18 5 years ago

Looking great. What sort of buffing tool did you use to brighten that mylar? Did the 3000 come with that kit?

#19 5 years ago

Thanks, yes the gray disc (shown in pic above) is the 3000 grit. Sprayed the water only on the disc. I will tell you that if you're going to keep the mylar, this is a great way to go. The orange pad is the polishing pad. I used it with both the supplied compound then followed by Plastix. I only used the orange pad with Plastix on the paint. I also waxed the entire PF with 100% carnuba.

#20 5 years ago

New parts in, now let's put this thing back together
image-709.jpg

#22 5 years ago

For all my fans
image-765.jpgimage-322.jpg

#23 5 years ago

ok, can i buy it now

#24 5 years ago

Wow that looks good! Keeps me motivated to do my machines thanks for all the pics and updates.

#25 5 years ago

Still needs a few things like the pop bumper cap (EBD is on there now) and the Bally/Midway coin door sticker. Got new pf glass too which will make it look really nice.

#26 5 years ago

Your fan base is growing Aladdin.

Nice work.

#27 5 years ago

I really like this headlight restore kit. Throw out the 800 grit. Keep the 3000 grit, orange pad and compound. Buy some Plastix. I used the Plastix and the orange pad on my 1981 Big Game. Great results there too. I'm sure the TC Kit is great. I just didn't have time.

#28 5 years ago

Wow..... Awesome work!
I had a Spy Hunter for a while and enjoyed it, pretty fun and unique game.
Thanks for the pictures.

#29 5 years ago

I also have one and love the work you've done here.

Did you make the informational card on the bottom left yourself? Can I have one??

#30 5 years ago

really really nice.

-Rev

#31 5 years ago

Thanks, here's the link to the custom card. (Love this hobby where people share)
http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/card/spy.jpg
There is an instruction card link on the site too.

#32 5 years ago

Sold my Spy Hunter yesterday and the guy is coming Sunday to pick it up. Sad to see it go... you are making me want to keep it.

#33 5 years ago

I've been playing the heck out of my Spy Hunter lately.

Your game is looking really great - wonderful job on the restore.

If you could help me with the spinner scan, I would also be grateful.
You also mention the pop-bumper cap. Mine is original and intact but has a broken latching tab. Requires tape or adhesive to remain in place and I would like to replace it if possible.

Could you post up a detailed photo of your upper playfield?

I'm just curious. I completely rebuilt mine before I found this site (or any other internet guide). Certain elements of the upper playfield had to be free-handed since the graphics were no longer there. I'm just curious how close I got to the original art.

This game is really very fun if everything is working 100%. I doubt I will ever part with mine.

Great job. Please keep posting.

#34 5 years ago

This is what I have on my work computer.
IMG_20131205_074925_100.jpg

#35 5 years ago

Fanatic, check this out:
http://familyarcade.blogspot.com/
Good pics of the artwork you probably need. I'll post some of my upper pf.
I'll PM you the scan I took of my spinner before I repainted the white area.
So glad I can help someone since people are always helping me with my questions.

#36 5 years ago

I see that PBR has a replacement cap. Guess that's my reason to finally open an account with them!
http://www.pbresource.com/pfbumper.htm
all the way at the bottom of the page.
$6 bucks! Love it!

#37 5 years ago

Got some planking near the top left gate. I need to research how to save that area.

IMG_3603.JPGIMG_3605.JPG

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Thanks, here's the link to the custom card. (Love this hobby where people share)http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/card/spy.jpgThere is an instruction card link on the site too.

Thank you sir!

#39 5 years ago

Saw this little trick on the net somewhere to shine those leg bolts
Drill, scotch pad, mother's mag

image-932.jpg

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Saw this little trick on the net somewhere to shine those leg bolts
Drill, scotch pad, mother's mag

image-932.jpg 365 KB

That's one way to do it. Sure looks shiny. Need to do this on my TZ ... they're particularly nasty.

#41 5 years ago

Thanks for the links and info. Special thanks for the photos - looks like I got the art wrong on mine. OOPS

Here are some photos of my game. Don't bash me too hard. I copied the jet from the back-glass as best I could......and now realize it is not a jet airplane.

whole - original.JPG Upper - original.JPG IMG_0601.JPG IMG_0600.JPG
#42 5 years ago

Actually I think the jet looks pretty good. I have a hard time with the letters. If you need help on the "special" on the left, I would do a tracing of the one on the right and use that you give you an outline on the left.

You have done a ton of work on that playfield!!

#43 5 years ago

This game really needed the Mylar. Most of the PF's I've seen without Mylar are in bad shape.

#44 5 years ago

Here's a mod with red LEDs in the headlights on the pop bumper.
Just kidding! I made it into a custom key chain for my neighbor.
image-906.jpg

#45 5 years ago

It's a Spy Hunter kind of week. I just picked this up in Hoboken on Sunday. Plays fantastic!

1146463_10202678358258328_564929401_n.jpg

#46 5 years ago

Now that would look great next to this pin!!!! Nice find, I played spy hunter at my local 7-11 in the 80's!

#47 5 years ago

7-11 was my go to place to play ~1978-84 - the peak of arcade gaming. I'd take my paper route earnings, hop on my PK Ripper BMX bike and pedal into town. Good times.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

hop on my PK Ripper BMX bike

I had a Kuwahara laser lite that I raced and used for my paper route. Went to the youth center and PX (Air Force brat) and played Spy Hunter and Black Knight. I miss my Spy Hunter.

IMAG0008.jpgIMAG0018.jpg

2 weeks later
#49 5 years ago

For those that have followed this thread, I thought you might like a pic of the pin in its new home! This is now my neighbor's first pin. They have three little ones that are gonna love it.
image-720.jpg

#50 5 years ago

I hope you have the tilt enabled. That kid looks like he is going to be rough on that machine. LOL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 85.00
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Piqua, OH
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside