Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 71 days ago by Quench
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG___11_preview (resized).jpeg

#1 73 days ago

Hello this is my first pin so dont mind the newb lol . It was working great but now the middle lamp for the skill shot (25,000) wont light up. I first replaced the bulb but bulb was fine, Checked voltage at the socket got 0, traced the wire to connector J1 pin 2 on the lamp driver board checked voltage and it seems to fluctuate between 6-7v (which I thought seemed odd since it flashes on and off). Checked continuity between the pin on the board to the socket and that was good. And last I used a test lead to jump the positive lead from a known working bulb and the bulb lights up fine so I know the socket is good. Now I'm officially lost so hoping someone may be able to help me. Thanks in advance!

IMG___11_preview (resized).jpeg
#3 72 days ago

Check the lampdriver board for cold solder joint at the connector print headers.

Did the board suffer from battery damage?
Sometimes the bottom lines get eaten away.

Here is a link to my website for a nice Tech Chart...
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Bally_Spy_Hunter_Tech_Chart.pdf

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

#4 71 days ago

Tested the lamp scr for that particular lamp and getting no reads at all. So think that may be my problem, looks like I'll be ordering one

#5 71 days ago

(1) If you run a jumper wire between ground and the metal tab of SCR Q34 on the lamp driver board, does that 25K lamp illuminate?

(1a) If the lamp illuminates, that means wiring from the SCR to the lamp socket is good. Next thing to do is test the SCR functionality live in circuit. Move one side of the jumper wire to test point TP3 on the lamp driver board and touch the other side of the jumper wire on the lower leg of resistor R34 on the lamp driver board. If the 25K lamp does not illuminate, SCR Q34 may be faulty or have bad (fractured) solder joints. Inspect the Q34 solder joints and if ok, replace Q34.

(1b) If the lamp didn't illuminate on the first test (1), then you probably have bad connectivity between the Q34 SCR and the 25K lamp socket. Move down the signal chain and leave one side of the jumper wire on ground and insert the other side of the jumper wire into pin 2 of connector J1 at the lamp driver board - note the connector pins are numbered from bottom counting upwards. If the lamp illuminates, check the solder side of pin 2 of the lamp driver board.

Note, the colored wire that comes from the lamp driver board to each individual lamp that switches, illuminates the lamp by driving that line to ground. The base of the lamp sockets that are connected together via the common bare braid wire is actually 6.5VDC. People often confuse that bare braid wire as being ground.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside