• 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190206_213945 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hello! I've had my Spy Hunter for a while now but am very much in the dark on most repairs. Just this past week the game will attempt to hit/kick the ball from its resting spot behind the flippers to the plunger to start a game/ball. You can see and hear the metal piece swing from the left side to hit the ball over, but the ball is a little low and a little too far to the right for the metal swing/striking piece to hit it.
How was that sentence to prove that I am a Newbie in terms of repair end lingo?
I have attached a picture to see if that helps.
I see the mechanism under the playfield that looks to be what should be doing this. By pressing the bar up I can manually put the ball a little over to the left so it can by ejected to the right and the plunger.
Is this is an easy fix? Any help, information, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I have a repair guy come over once in a while for repairs to my pinball and arcade games but I would love to actually fix something on my own for once.

20190206_213945 (resized).jpg20190206_213945 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Potterville, MI
$ 85.00
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spy-hunter-not-kicking-the-ball-to-the-plunger- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.