• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Bigbad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/keith.raymond.1656/videos/10155259867369065/?fref=comp

A quick back history. Everything was working great and then our local power company had a "surge". It killed 3 of my machines. This is almost back to perfect minus the display issue. They seem to be "cycling" or pulsing...not sure how to describe it.

Attached is a clip showing what they are doing. I looked for anything on Pinside referencing this but couldn't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated. Oh, the noise in the clip is NOT the machine (it's the amp for my tunes!)

Thanks,

Keith

#2 6 years ago

My Firepower II displays were all "strobing" which sounds like what you describe but the video link is broken. Check the hi voltage caps on the power supply, one of mine was only putting out half voltage and that was the source of the problem.

#3 6 years ago

Did you have a surge protector? I bought one when my cousin son decided to unplug and replug my machine with the power switch still on.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

My Firepower II displays were all "strobing" which sounds like what you describe but the video link is broken. Check the hi voltage caps on the power supply, one of mine was only putting out half voltage and that was the source of the problem.

Crap! Thought I had the video thing figured out. Looks like I'm as good at that as I am fixing pinballs! LOL. Thanks, I'll take a look. I swapped rectifier boards from my Embryon and no difference. I'll look at the caps.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Did you have a surge protector? I bought one when my cousin son decided to unplug and replug my machine with the power switch still on.

Unfortunately no surge protector. Lesson learned. It blew fuses on 3 machines. My Police Force had 3 blown fuses and is still completely screwed up. It wreaked
havoc!

#6 6 years ago

See if this one works.

KR

#7 6 years ago

Yep thats what mine was doing, strobing slower than yours but otherwise the same. Careful with the hi voltage section. I checked the output of the hi volt + and - caps on my FPII, i am not familier with your Bally but am assuming it might be a similar problem.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Magickeith:

Unfortunately no surge protector. Lesson learned. It blew fuses on 3 machines. My Police Force had 3 blown fuses and is still completely screwed up. It wreaked
havoc!

Sorry to hear that. I wish i could help but I only had my machine a little over a month. I have only replaced coil and a mosfet.

#9 6 years ago

I had the same thing on an eight ball deluxe, it was the high voltage cap for the display, i would test that the proper voltage was going to the displays

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
825 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Potterville, MI
$ 199.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spy-hunter-displays-are-cycling?hl=bigbad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.