10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by loneacer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hey guys,

The pinball map is bleak. Any good places to play that aren't on the map. 1984 is closed while I'm here.

Any input would rule.

Chris

#2 10 years ago

Unfortunately there isn't much around. There is a new 'Barcade' opening soon downtown, but I don't think it is open yet. If you do find any to play in town, there is about an 80% chance they will be broken or so worn out they aren't worth playing. The only decent pin I have found in town is a NBA Fastbreak at Skateport on South Glenstone. They also have a Family Guy, but it is has super weak flippers and the upper playfield doesn't work. Last time I went over there though, they both were down.

Welcome to the pinball black hole!!!

5 years later
    #3 5 years ago

Hey GOV,

I’m bringing this one back up. Headed to Carthage,MO for the month of Oct. there will be some trips to Springfield. Looks like things are looking up as per places to play.

Any insight? It’s been 2-3 years since I was in 1984 and at that point the machine looked and played like they were tired.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey GOV,
    I’m bringing this one back up. Headed to Carthage,MO for the month of Oct. there will be some trips to Springfield. Looks like things are looking up as per places to play.
    Any insight? It’s been 2-3 years since I was in 1984 and at that point the machine looked and played like they were tired.

Things have changed a lot in 5yrs

1984 has more games including a few newer titles and overall play better than they use to years ago. The list on pinside is not up to date. They have kiss, ghostbusters, attack from mars, medieval madness, and several others not listed.

A few of us also have games at metagames unlimited. It’s open all week and would be a good place to go if you’re there during the day. I believe they open at 10 and close at 10 most days.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/5783-meta-games-unlimited-springfield-mo

#5 5 years ago

Great. Thanks for the update. I’ll have to check into 1984 and metegames.

3 weeks later
    #6 5 years ago

Hey All,

I'm going to hit Meta on Thursday evening Oct 11th if anyone is interested in meeting up. I plan to be there about 7:00PM.

chris

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey GOV,

I worked in Carthage for 9 years. My condolences. Went to college in Springfield. They actually had a small bowling alley and an arcade at the university. That's where I played WH20 for the first time. I used to go to the other bowling alleys in town to play pinball.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

I worked in Carthage for 9 years. My condolences. Went to college in Springfield. They actually had a small bowling alley and an arcade at the university. That's where I played WH20 for the first time. I used to go to the other bowling alleys in town to play pinball.

Ha. Yeah its interesting. The family lives outside of town so its not to bad at all. The worst part is that there is no pinball hear.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Ha. Yeah its interesting. The family lives outside of town so its not to bad at all. The worst part is that there is no pinball hear.

I haven't been there much for a decade, but there used to be a bowling alley near the Joplin/Webb City border that had a game or two. I think it closed down. There's another bowling alley in Joplin that has an arcade. It typically has 1 or 2 games. The Joplin mall had an arcade last time I was there and it had a game or two. There's a Petro on I-44 right at the OK/MO border. It had 2-3 games. I lived just down the street from it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/springfield-mo-where-to-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.