(Topic ID: 100078)

Spring Lake, Michigan to Edmonton, Alberta - NAVL Quoted $680 US??

By Jeekayjay

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Choggard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Can this be right?

Seems high, any thoughts?

This is killing my deal...

#2 9 years ago

Across the boarder isn't cheap at all. And if it goes to Canada you pay tax on pickup or the boarder right?

EDIT: Shipping inside the US, from loading dock to loading dock, I think shipping was 200-300 ish. To the home it was near $400+ USD

#3 9 years ago

I had a pin shipped from Buffalo NY to Brooklyn NY VIA STI..it cost $429

I moved the game to the garage..when they picked it up one guy had a bad back..the other a bad knee. I had to load the game on my pin dolly..and move it to the lift gate for them. The used the pin dolly to load the game on the truck

They wrapped it in about 2 layers of shrink wrap...then threw a moving blanket over it.

The game did show up undamaged which is all that really matters...but I was rather shocked on the price..and the extent of the 'white glove' service

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I had a pin shipped from Buffalo NY to Brooklyn NY VIA STI..it cost $429
    I moved the game to the garage..when they picked it up one guy had a bad back..the other a bad knee. I had to load the game on my pin dolly..and move it to the lift gate for them. The used the pin dolly to load the game on the truck
    They wrapped it in about 2 layers of shrink wrap...then threw a moving blanket over it.
    The game did show up undamaged which is all that really matters...but I was rather shocked on the price..and the extent of the 'white glove' service

Oh man that makes me nervous rigtht there. Feeling like the price might be inline now but..,help load your own pin? Eesh, what else do they stretch the truth about..

#5 9 years ago

When I shipped my game via NAVL, I prepped the game and helped him load it. One guy cannot get a pinball machine into a truck.

Also, when the same guy returned a while later with my game, I met him outside, helped him get it off the truck, took it inside, and unwrapped it. I don't care how much they claim to have this magic "white glove" service, but since I have a very flat driveway and super easy access to the spot where a truck can pull up, I'm going to help in any way I can to make sure the game makes it on the truck AND is placed in a safe and secure position inside it.

For what it's worth, my experience was great, but there was NO WAY IN HELL the guy there could have done the work solo. I can't remember if they advertise that their guy(s) prep and load the game for you, but in my case, that wasn't going to happen.

#6 9 years ago

My last two STI quotes were $614 Illinois to Calgary and $655 California to Calgary.
    last time I had machine shipped STI the packing was terrible they threw a dirty cardboard box between glass and backbox, a single moving blanket over the top and some packing tape. On top of that it took 36 days to get to me. I'm going to make sure that the seller feels comfortable demanding quality packing at pick up before I schedule STI to move another pin.

1 week later
    #7 9 years ago

Almost $700 to ship a game seems crazy high! My last few games I shipped within the US were around $388. I think the most I paid was around $450..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spring-lake-michigan-to-edmonton-alberta-navl-quoted-680-us and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.