Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Crash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Springtime.jpg
    wherezmypix.jpg
    images.jpg
    There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 12 years ago

And the thread notifications turn green when something is new...wwooooowwww!

Oh, what do you mean we can't rate our own post??? (jk)

#52 12 years ago

Thanks Robin, the site is great.

#53 12 years ago

Love it all! Thanks!

#55 12 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

And the thread notifications turn green when something is new...wwooooowwww!

Click the green unread and it will take you to the start of the unread messages

#56 12 years ago

It would be nice if we could customize the searches to some degree. Search only the section we choose. If I'm searching for the answer to a tech question on TAF I have to sort through many, many posts. If I could search only the tech section I can find what I'm looking for much faster. Just a thought. So far I'm still diggin it

#57 12 years ago

On another note, is it possible to add another rating choice for funny posts? It should be between on-topic and informative, since informative posts are more important than funny ones. Or do you think it is best just to keep the current 4, to keep the choices down?

Quoted from way2wyrd:

Awesome.

#58 12 years ago

I like it! Thanks for the work and dedication making such a great site!

#59 12 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

I just did that to get here...it took me directly to your post...how sweet is that!!!!

Ooooo, and I just changed your pop bumper...COOL!!

#60 12 years ago

D'oh! Thought of something else. Exactly what solution did you go with for the teardown image hosting Robin? Still outsourced?

#61 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

the_pin_family said:Since we're using a google search engine(love that) is it still necessary to fill out the tag info?

I'm not sure, maybe someone more knowledgeable on the SEO subject could chime in? The 2.5 update puts all tags in the page's meta keywords (I think PinHog suggested this a while back) and I'm pretty sure Google uses these to determine what a page is about?

Ljumzzhk hudjbthe hdhnevdijdb jjfnvvtjdj. That is what your answer sounded like to me.lol. You lost me after "I'm not sure". Lmao

#62 12 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

robin said:the_pin_family said:
    Ljumzzhk hudjbthe hdhnevdijdb jjfnvvtjdj. That is what your answer sounded like to me.lol. You lost me after "I'm not sure". Lmao

What? You don't understand that Google runs on nuclear photons in a meticulously maintained electromagnetic field space spawned from the superfluous energy generated by the power matrix of the flux capacitor in Robin's gameroom? EVERYONE should've known that!

#63 12 years ago

Is Karma bumped when you get a highly rated post? That might be neat.

#64 12 years ago

Looks great so far. Keep up the great work.

Now if we could just attach GIFs as our avatar!

#65 12 years ago

I am coming at everyting late as I have been out with work and health issues, but I wanted to say that I realy like the changes to Pinside so far! Nicely done!

#66 12 years ago

Great work! Love the pix at the header!!

#67 12 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

D'oh! Thought of something else. Exactly what solution did you go with for the teardown image hosting Robin? Still outsourced?

Shopout pics are stored on the Pinside server, thanks to all donations I could do yet another upgrade and get more disk space!

#68 12 years ago

wow! the best pinball site keeps getting better love the changes

#69 12 years ago

Absolutely fantastic!

Thank you, Robin.

#70 12 years ago

The new post rating is genius. It rewards good help. Pure genius.

#71 12 years ago

The changes look great keep up the awesome work. The only two things I've seen that could be better are

1. The picture scroll buttons. They need to be moved to a spot that doesn't move everytime you change to a different picture because of the picture size. When trying to scroll through them quickly I feel like i'm playing whack a mole not in a fun way.

2. When going through and rating machines I like to see where it ends up in my list of ratings and I go to my pinside and click on the ratings tab it takes me to ratings settings which should be a choice off the main ratings list page. Instead I have to hit the preview on your ratings button then confirm then I can go to my ratings page.

Just my opinion take it for what it's worth!

#72 12 years ago

Caught me off guard this morning! Love it Robin

#73 12 years ago

Couple of more nit-picky observations for you, Robin

I had the "new mail" notification in the upper right corner going, but when I clicked on it my inbox wasn't bolding the thread with new mail like it used to -- so I wasn't sure if I only had one new message or several.

Also a request that people may or may not agree with.. in the multiple page threads on the board, is it possible that when you click on the thread it takes you to the last page and not the first? I know I know.. just click the last page. But I'm lazy. very lazy..

lol

Best site on teh interwebz

#74 12 years ago

Awesome changes!!! Thanks Robin!!!

#76 12 years ago

Looks awesome. Is this forum based on something, or did Robin write it completely from scratch? Either way, Robin is an Internet Pinball force! Thank you for your hard work, I hope Pinside continues to grow and keeps its friendliness

#77 12 years ago

To me it seems a little confusing to have the topics you read marked in green. It makes it a little more difficult to find the ones you have replied to as opposed to just read. Perhaps there should be a profile setting to alert you of new replies on either topics you have replied to or topic you have just read.

#78 12 years ago

Not a fan of the rating system.

#79 12 years ago

So fresh!

#80 12 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

To me it seems a little confusing to have the topics you read marked in green. It makes it a little more difficult to find the ones you have replied to as opposed to just read. Perhaps there should be a profile setting to alert you of new replies on either topics you have replied to or topic you have just read.

There's currently no distinction wether you only read or actually participated in a thread. I might add this in the future, but first I want to sit back and see how everyone perceives the updates and how the new features are being used.

#81 12 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

Not a fan of the rating system.

Anything in particular you don't like about it, or you just don't like rating systems in general?

#82 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Crashdance22 said:To me it seems a little confusing to have the topics you read marked in green. It makes it a little more difficult to find the ones you have replied to as opposed to just read. Perhaps there should be a profile setting to alert you of new replies on either topics you have replied to or topic you have just read.
    There's currently no distinction wether you only read or actually participated in a thread. I might add this in the future, but first I want to sit back and see how everyone perceives the updates and how the new features are being used.

Agreed. I personally only want to know if i replied.

#83 12 years ago
    Quoted from britrex1:

When going through and rating machines I like to see where it ends up in my list of ratings and I go to my pinside and click on the ratings tab it takes me to ratings settings which should be a choice off the main ratings list page. Instead I have to hit the preview on your ratings button then confirm then I can go to my ratings page.

This issue has been fixed . Your ratings are now showing again on my-pinside -> ratings!

#84 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

This issue has been fixed . Your ratings are now showing again on my-pinside -> ratings!

Awesome thanks! Now just those pesky photo scroll buttons LOL

#85 12 years ago

looking good but i'm having a problem with pinsidemail dating new messages as January 1, 1970. I started a new thread about this, sorry if this is duplicate. just want it fixed as new emails are going to the bottom of the queue.

#86 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Anything in particular you don't like about it, or you just don't like rating systems in general?

The ratings bar is a clutter, imo.

Is there a way to opt out of the sytem?

#87 12 years ago

Wow, change is not always good but this change looks really good so far. Robin is awesome.

#88 12 years ago

Looks nice! When are we getting a chat room

Oh, and smileys... we need more smileys!

#89 12 years ago

Oh and do we really need a popup to notify me that my browser is an outdated piece of crap? I know this! It's what we have at work and I can't upgrade.

#90 12 years ago

Love the new look Robin but a couple niggling things to mention... and they may have been already, dunno

New incoming mails show a date of 1970! That may explain why I found them waaaaaayyy at the bottom of the pile this morning

Not liking the new search as much as the old. It needs a "sort by date" option.

Other than that pretty darned nice!

#91 12 years ago

I'm loving those random close-up pics you get at the top of each page!! Where is the archive for them, and can mere members add their own pics?? I just had a massive troll staring at me... amazing clarity of the pic...!!

#92 12 years ago

Very nice Robin

#93 12 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

New incoming mails show a date of 1970! That may explain why I found them waaaaaayyy at the bottom of the pile this morning

This should have been fixed. Let me know if it happens again!

Quoted from Cliffy:

I hear ya, but not sure if this is possible. Will look into this and see what can be done.

#94 12 years ago

Awesome job Robin!!

#95 12 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Oh and do we really need a popup to notify me that my browser is an outdated piece of crap? I know this! It's what we have at work and I can't upgrade.

Sorry, this should only show once per session.

The prob is I'm getting quite some support e-mails from people who are on this ancient browser. I'm sorry, really can't help you guys - there's no way I can find time to do IE6 or 7 testing. I hope you understand and I hope you'll now start e-mailing your system admins to update, instead of e-mailing me to fix

#96 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I hope you understand and I hope you'll now start e-mailing your system admins to update, instead of e-mailing me to fix []

Come on Superman you can...oh wait...right, Robin...never mind! jk of course.

#97 12 years ago

One thing I noticed is that when you delete a favorite thread, it kicks you back to forum home, then you have to go back into the faved threads again to delete the next one..

#98 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

looking good but i'm having a problem with pinsidemail dating new messages as January 1, 1970. I started a new thread about this, sorry if this is duplicate. just want it fixed as new emails are going to the bottom of the queue.

I see I have a "fan" out there "downvoting" my attempt to point out system bugs. hahaha!

#99 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Cliffy said:

I hear ya, but not sure if this is possible. Will look into this and see what can be done.

I, for one, would truly appreciate it Robin. Thanks as always!

#100 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

IE6 or 7 testing

As a front-end web dev guy, we dropped support for IE6 3 years ago and only support IE7 only if the client has the coin to spend.

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spring-is-here-pinside-25-released/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.