DSC00025.jpg
DSC00023.jpg
DSC00021.jpg
DSC00019.jpg
DSC00030.jpg
DSC00032.jpg
DSC00034.jpg
DSC00028.jpg
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

When: Saturday August 22th, 2015 From Noon until Midnight
Will be serving beef, pizza, mosticolli, Mexican food, hamburger, hot dogs, beer, pop, desert island, and much more!!!
Lunch will be from Noon till 5
Dinner will be from 5:30 to 7:30
Where: 913 Main St.
Spring Grove, IL. 60081

What: Pinball

Hello Fellow Pinsiders,
I'm new to the community and am hosting a pinball party at my house on August 22th, 2015. Looking to find new players in the area to play with. Please RSVP if you want to come.

Some of the activities we have planned, such as fishing, horse shoes, hiking, and camping, if you would like to stay on our property over night
Special guest Dennis Nordman will be attending the shindig!!!!
We are going to be raffling an original Elvira topper!!!!!
A special run to Dog 'N' Suds in our Brady mobile!!!!!
Special arcade membership cards for all who attend!!!
We will be posting pictures and updates over the next couple of weeks.
If you would like to bring one of your pins, we have easy loading and unloading!!!!
If there are other activities you would like to do please let us know. Also, the Chain O' Lakes State Park is 3 miles away.

Game List: 300, Apollo, Boomerang, Lucky Hand, Mars God of War, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Genie ,Aztec, Elvira and The Party Monsters, Bone Busters, Haunted House, Upper Deck (pitch and bat), three classic gun games, and a Sea Rader!!!

#2 8 years ago

You won't find a more gracious host as mr. Belairjoe ! Wish I could attend. :>(.

#3 8 years ago

Joe, your last party was awesome. I will save the date.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

Joe, your last party was awesome. I will save the date.

thanks! our inside \ outside party gives our guests a chance to relax in a park like setting,fishing a 40 second walk away..screen room to get away from noise and our arcade will have the ac running so everyone can play and eat in comfort..we offer more food than our winter party and camping for safety so no dui's or dead pinheads.here is photo of official membership card you get at the party.your card is put thru a vintage laminating machine...more photos and details in next few weeks..DSC00433.JPGDSC00433.JPGDSC00436.JPGDSC00436.JPGDSC00437.JPGDSC00437.JPGDSC00438.JPGDSC00438.JPG

#5 8 years ago

here are a few photos of outside of arcade and outside yard for party and camping if you want..we will post inside photos Friday night after we move a few things around..DSC00501.JPGDSC00501.JPGDSC00509.JPGDSC00509.JPGDSC00503.JPGDSC00503.JPGDSC00507.JPGDSC00507.JPG

#6 8 years ago

Joe is a great host and a great guy. If you can make it if only for a couple hours, you should try. His games are in great shape, he's got plenty of room, and the setting is beautiful. Sure to be a great time! Looking forward to it, Joe!

#7 8 years ago

Talk about coincidence! I was just wondering to myself the other night if Joe was going to have a summertime bash at his place this year!

I was disappointed to have had to miss the get-together one this past winter, so I definitely will try to keep this penciled into our schedule.

I met Joe when he bought R&B from us a few years ago, and I can definitely second Dennis' comment about him being a great guy!

And from the pics I've seen in the past, he has one heck of a cool setup at his place!

#8 8 years ago

thanks to both dennis and joe ... I was lucky enough to meet a diverse group of highly talented people when I first get on pinside.i see right away they are gifted with creative talent far be on pinball.thanks again for the nice comments..i took some photos tonight of inside of arcade..i call an arcade but we use for modeling,HO trains,painting,many other projects.....just to put some of you at ease..we will NOT have smoking of any kind in our arcade for this party..it will be hot and we will have AC on,food etc....only john wayne smoked more than me so for this party we can just walk a few feet to the door no big deal..i have left many other places to smoke anything you want just not in the arcade ..thanks...this will be just open play night..eating,,drinking,,talking etc..I post these photos but not turn on ceiling lights...fishing spot photos over weekend along with dog and suds photo from sat.night

#9 8 years ago

I wanna be a turtle!!

#10 8 years ago

you bet your sweet ass you want to be a turtle! just one of the many benefits at THE PLACE TO B arcade..beer and pop served only in bottles,food for a king and a no hassle fun type of place ....not just pinball..after I have first party I find out these pin people have many talents from pro modeling to custom car painting..come on down for a few games and some beer and I will have you official turtle card in the laminate machine ready for your signature

#11 8 years ago

photos of arcadeDSC00624.JPGDSC00624.JPGDSC00625.JPGDSC00625.JPGDSC00631.JPGDSC00631.JPG

#12 8 years ago

more ohotosDSC00634.JPGDSC00634.JPGDSC00633.JPGDSC00633.JPGDSC00626.JPGDSC00626.JPG

#13 8 years ago

we have a great pitch and bat game if you get tired of the pinsDSC00630.JPGDSC00630.JPGDSC00627.JPGDSC00627.JPG

#14 8 years ago

how about those"bitchin" flame curtains I sewed up last spring!DSC00628.JPGDSC00628.JPGDSC00640.JPGDSC00640.JPGDSC00639.JPGDSC00639.JPG

#15 8 years ago

you can see in photo 2 where we build models....and bone busters is finally up and running in case you want to try a very different type of game play..we love boney and swear at him daily...

DSC00632.jpgDSC00632.jpg

DSC00638.jpgDSC00638.jpg

DSC00636.jpgDSC00636.jpg

#16 8 years ago

Flame curtains sold me !

#18 8 years ago

Bummed I can't make the 22nd.

Had such a great time at the winter party I highly recommend going.
Such a great host and great place.

Good luck with the party Joe!
Maybe I'll see you at Expo or if you're ever around Elk Grove Village be sure to stop by the clubhouse. We have 15 games going now.

#19 8 years ago

thanks vince for the invite to club...a bit surprised after we played some games at wisc. show..i told you I was not to good but my game play that Saturday was so awful that I walked away from the last few games we play out of shame.lol....we will try again at expo..looks like I may have picked the wrong weekend to have my party..every pinhead in Illinois has plans this weekend.this has been a great summer for outside activities so I can understand this..hope to post some photos tonight when I get back from dog and suds..hoping for some burn-outs tonight from the stop light..

#20 8 years ago

Joe, wife and I just put it on the calendar, we WILL make it this time!!! AND, if I can get it ready in time, I may bring a South Park for everyone to play!

Jack

#21 8 years ago

jack-wow! if you could bring a game that would be great...I was going to offer free pick-up service and drop off any machine back home but my sons mazda thing we use to haul pins got smashed last Monday..i did not want to offer pick-up in our other pinball hauler the "bradymobile" as I know some pinheads are not to hip in hauling their pins in my wagon so its used for our personal pins and we take it to dog and suds...here are some photos of last night..i did not stay until dark to watch the burn-outs..we will be taking the bradymobile out that night to suds...again jack looking forward to meeting you and your wife.please let me know if there is something special you would like to eat or what kind of beer you drink..thanks again-joeDSC00496.JPGDSC00496.JPGDSC00495.JPGDSC00495.JPGDSC00494.JPGDSC00494.JPGDSC00493.JPGDSC00493.JPGDSC00492.JPGDSC00492.JPG the bradymobile

#22 8 years ago

some photos of dog and sudsDSC00651.JPGDSC00651.JPGDSC00643.JPGDSC00643.JPGDSC00652.JPGDSC00652.JPG

#23 8 years ago

DSC00650.JPGDSC00650.JPGDSC00648.JPGDSC00648.JPGDSC00666.JPGDSC00666.JPG

#24 8 years ago

DSC00664.JPGDSC00664.JPGDSC00654.JPGDSC00654.JPGDSC00653.JPGDSC00653.JPG

#25 8 years ago

Are those my old booths from Kristof's?

#26 8 years ago

Those are definitely my old booths, I can tell because the seats are a slightly different color from when we had them re-upholstered!

Never thought I'd see them on Pinside... haha!

#27 8 years ago

yes...these re your old booths..i bought them from you on about the coldest day of the year if you remember.....it was -10 degrees!..i pm you then an invite you over to our winter party but no reply...hope you can stop by this time and say hello...I paid 200 bucks for all these..took them home,patched them up,cleaned them etc..they have been a huge hit since day one when we put them in..again thanks on that great deal.as you can see they look pretty cool in our place and I wish I had a set -up for 3 more booths...our arcade seats 20 people as is..we need seating for 30...anyway hope you get a chance to stop on by and grab a plate of food and a beer and check out your old booths

#28 8 years ago

I should be able to make it Joe. Maybe bring the wife also. can't wait to play BB. Mike

#29 8 years ago

Hey Joe I can bring an Aladdin's Castle if you want another em to play. Mike

#30 8 years ago

mike that would be fantastic! we will do all of the loading and unloading here so you only need to supervise..you saw our place and very easy to load pins..im happy you will bring your wife.our summer party is a better deal than the winter party as you can go outside if you had enough pins..we are lucky to have dennis nordman as our special guest at this party if his schedule permit.i have not decided how I will do but we will raffle off or high score on the pitch and bat to win an original Elvira and the party monsters topper...dennis might be at party so you could win this ...maybe con him into signing it next to our Elvira and the party monsters machine and get photo to hang next to topper in your arcade..now that's cool!.i will post photos of our fishing hole that take 40 seconds to walk to..if anyone wants to really have a great day we can drop you off upstream 1,2,5 miles on the nippersink creek..fantastic landscape on both sides like your not even in Illinois..you then just paddle to my buddys dock ,leave canoe, walk 40 seconds back to party..im sure we will light up our bonfire........again mike thanks for your offer of bringing a game..we also try to go out of our way to make sure peoples wives and girlfriends feel welcome and comfortable..if there is anything we can do or food you would like please let us know....details of our dessert island later in the week

#31 8 years ago

Joe has a cool place .I went to his party this past winter it was alot of fun . I should be able to make it to this one also .

#32 8 years ago

hey again thanks for the nice comments on our arcade.we changed a bit ..more room but my 53 chevy is inside this arcade.... waiting till after party to shoot first of two tone color..hoping for low humidity in September..i receive many pm with other pinsiders confirming they will be at party so shaping up for a great day and evening of new friends,food and pins!

#33 8 years ago

Whoo Whoo! I am already really slow so I think I qualify for Turtledumb!

I will be there come heck or high water! Sounds like such a fun place and great time.

Joe is a standup great guy and I'm sure will be host of the year!

See ya'll there for some partying eating drinking and maybe even some Pinball!!!

Thanks Joe!!! You're #1

Tom

#34 8 years ago

So I can roll up in a canoe?!

#35 8 years ago

yes-it is possible to get here by canoe..direct from the chain of lakes or from the nippersink..we also have quad trails so all of us who live here can take rides or race...this a very unique place and a fantastic place to live..we can play pins,fish,race our quads around the trails.small caliber shooting..old car guys.people who still send over dessert for no reason..my driveway is plowed every winter because they know I hate the cold..i weld/fix their front end loaders or farm equipment for most of them.they all work hard and party hard.better people and a better place for me to live would be hard to find..let me know if you will be taking the nippersink to the party and I will leave one space open on the dock for you

#36 8 years ago

I shot these photos a half hour ago..here is were we fish..40 second walk from my back yard.my buddy own this house.DSC00676.JPGDSC00676.JPGDSC00680.JPGDSC00680.JPGDSC00679.JPGDSC00679.JPGDSC00683.JPGDSC00683.JPG

#37 8 years ago

last photo show enter point to quad trails..not so big but lots of funDSC00670.JPGDSC00670.JPGDSC00672.JPGDSC00672.JPGDSC00674.JPGDSC00674.JPG

#38 8 years ago

hey tom thanks and really looking forward to you coming up to the ranch for this party.tom is one of the good friends and people I have met thru pinside

#39 8 years ago

Loving the Schlitz can. As a long time Schlitz drinker and bad pinball player count me in!

#40 8 years ago

I just up voted all the posts on this thread, because it's so cool, and that's just how I roll...

This Party is looking like it's going to be the Woodstock of Pinball Bashes!

Can't wait!

See you all there!!!

#41 8 years ago

late start for me today...hey walter thanks for the invite! thanks to notice our Schlitz can..we try to put thing in our arcade to give it that vintage 1972-1975 feel...we put booths in so people could rest when waiting their turn to play..we hooked up those remote jukebox units to radio..also other sound system with overhead mounted speakers with much higher quality sound......bad pinball you say? talk to vince....he offered to close his eyes while we were playing to even up the playfield lol...

#42 8 years ago

wish I could make it but will be camping out east with wife.

Hope we can get an invite for the winter shindig!

Have fun all and be safe!

#43 8 years ago

thanks homebrood.....we will be posting more photos and stuff later.......i thought i would take a second to mention to other people who want not only pinball but a real nice place to party it does not cost what people think and if you have some good planning and take a bit of time you can turn even small space into great place to party...we have rubber mats as they catch dropped bottles and easy to clean..great on your legs and feet...booths can be bought off craigs very cheap..i saw someone GAVE seating for 25 away a few months ago..remote jukeboxes looked like junk i simply rebuilt and polish like new..we have vintage lighted boards for high scores hung up..great fun for parties and light that shines is a beautiful glowing yellow color that does not glare during game play..these are getting a bit more expensive but if you put these up for light and post your arcade rules then you do not have to answer the same questions from new people as rules are posted..our arcade is closed sunday for regular game play..i leave open for people with kids to play swear and smoke free..kid music....but my sign clearly say 'no kids after 9pm'..so people who know don't ask to bring their 10 year old to my house to play Saturday night at 11.30.. last thing i need is DCFS at my house..yes pinball is all about the game..but a nice place to play with ice cold drinks from bottles and some cheese popcorn waiting your turn at a booth with music playing makes it not just a game for us but the whole arcade experience.i will post photos of our'leader boards' tonight

#44 8 years ago

whysnow-i know you are busy all the time.i will make sure you have personal invite to our winter party.camping or pinball? hard choice but i knew you already have camping plan with your family..we will meet at the winter party as im positive you will not be camping in wisc. in January....will you?? thanks for your kind post

#45 8 years ago

Bone Busters has a end of game timed bonus round. Will try to go.

#46 8 years ago

we have had bone busters up and running for only about 6 weeks..this was my 2 month project that took 6 months..thanks joe for letting my know you will come by...here is example why I make those turtle membership cards that have your membership number......my name is joe,my sons name is joe.joe blasi will come to this party,mexican joe will come to this party,maybe joe from north shore,joe from Chicago will join us.....last party here they say 'joe is up' 4 guys get up to play..so now I use membership number cards.lol...here are some photos of some of our'leader boards'...DSC00687.JPGDSC00687.JPGDSC00690.JPGDSC00690.JPG

#47 8 years ago

here is 'leader board 1....the name joe you see is my son,,not me..im bolie on leader board...no body play the Apollo machine except me as they don't want to beat my high score..lol...we fully expect and hope some pinsiders will strip our names off these boards with new high scores..these boards are for fun..once in a while some one come over see this board and tell us 'my name will be on this board before I leave'..just happen in june..we tell them that this leader board is recognized by'the international leaders of industry of pinball' and to get your name on this board brings great things including certificate and award in the mail!!. I asked this guy how he got here said he came on the train from the city with my younger son..for the next 4 hours we watch and fuel this guy with beer,smoke,call-outs that "your getting very that leader board"!...they get so mad and so wasted trying that the last 15 minutes he was playing DSC00694.JPGDSC00694.JPG like a desperate gambler going from machine to machine trying to get on our dumb ass leader board.lol lol...DSC00693.JPGDSC00693.JPG

#48 8 years ago

almost forgot....when I took these photos of arcade I did not show photos of 9'x12' ho train set we are building..it will be a working carnival when finishedDSC00699.JPGDSC00699.JPGDSC00702.JPGDSC00702.JPGDSC00701.JPGDSC00701.JPGDSC00700.JPGDSC00700.JPG

#49 8 years ago

DSC00233.JPGDSC00233.JPG here is layout

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

jack-wow! if you could bring a game that would be great...I was going to offer free pick-up service and drop off any machine back home but my sons mazda thing we use to haul pins got smashed last Monday..i did not want to offer pick-up in our other pinball hauler the "bradymobile" as I know some pinheads are not to hip in hauling their pins in my wagon so its used for our personal pins and we take it to dog and suds...here are some photos of last night..i did not stay until dark to watch the burn-outs..we will be taking the bradymobile out that night to suds...again jack looking forward to meeting you and your wife.please let me know if there is something special you would like to eat or what kind of beer you drink..thanks again-joeDSC00496.JPG DSC00495.JPG DSC00494.JPG DSC00493.JPG DSC00492.JPG the bradymobile

I love that "support our troops in Vietnam" sticker! That is just awesome.
I bet you didn't see many of those back then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 70.00
$ 49.99
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 45.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spring-grove-summer-pinball-bash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.