Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by belairjoe
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-229.jpg
    DSC00297.JPG
    DSC00312.JPG
    DSC00226.JPG
    DSC00212.JPG
    DSC00209.JPG
    DSC00211.JPG
    DSC00157.JPG
    DSC00233.JPG
    DSC00158.JPG
    DSC00025-754.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider belairjoe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

When: Saturday January 10th, 2015 From 4 P.M. to Midnight
    Will be serving beef, pizza, mosticolli, beer, and pop
    Dinner will be from 5:30 to 7:00

Where: 913 Main St.
    Spring Grove, IL. 60081

What: Pinball

Hello Fellow Pinsiders,
    I'm new to the community and am hosting a pinball party at my house on January 10th, 2015. Looking to find new players in the area to play with. Please RSVP if you want to come.

DSC00025-754.JPGDSC00025-754.JPG DSC00158.JPGDSC00158.JPG
    #5 9 years ago

games up for play: gottlieb 300..apollo...haunted house...boomerang..rocky and Bullwinkle..genie..lucky hand..evel knievel.......aqua gun rifle arcade...captain kid rifle arcade...monster gun rifle arcade.. sea raider arcade...and a pitch and bat with crowd noise..in case you get bored with the food and pins we also run a 12x9 ho scale train!!

#7 9 years ago

thanks!!

#9 9 years ago

thank you out of the area pinsiders willing to make the haul north to play pins with us! true pinheads!

#10 9 years ago

sunday bump

#12 9 years ago

looking forward to meeting in person..just a reminder any and all pinheads welcome..hoping to set up future pinball events and parties.many emails this week and had no idea so many people shared the same passion and excitement about the game of pinball as myself. huge thanks to all!

#13 9 years ago

sat.bump

#17 9 years ago

thanks! even if only time for a plate a food ,a beer and game gives us all a chance to meet another local pinhead.stop on by.

#19 9 years ago

thanks! looks like this thing shaping up to be a real blast! thanks to all pinsiders who respond.

#21 9 years ago

jerry-thanks! life long dream to have pinballs and ho train in same place..we will set up a date for you to come on down.i could use help on the train also as im no pro on that either.i kept my ho trains in the boxes dating back to 1965 and 1966,tri ang davy crockett..stephensons rocket..tyco petticoat junction in box,blue and the grey sets..mostly kid stuff and not brass etc . response to this party asking me about my pins,the train and the old cars have been over truly refreshing.i had no idea other pinsiders had such diverse hobbies..hope all goes well on this party and will send you invite for our summer pinball event-merry xmass

DSC00157.JPGDSC00157.JPG DSC00233.JPGDSC00233.JPG
    #24 9 years ago

my house is 5 minutes from route 173..you are welcome to stop by anytime your in this area for a beer and a game..i also really had no idea how many pinside pinheads lived around here until I join pinside..hoping this party will give us a chance to meet.im still in a bit of a shock at positive reply to this party..we will be having a summer blow out party with pinball all night for those who choose with small pig cooking in pit with corn to eat,a huge meal..we invite any and all pinheads who stay over to set up your tents or bring camper as we have almost 2 acres for camping and large bonfires.our pins are in small pole barn with easy load unload and im hoping to convice some of the braver pinheads to bring a machine to set up for the week end..we haul everbody over to the dog and suds for a texas burger basket and great car show..then more pins..more on this party later and hope to meet some new pinside friends and players jan 10 2015..again thanks to all pinsiders for their interest in this party..

#28 9 years ago

hey thanks..search on craigslist as booths can be had very cheap..it just take a bit of time.we keep these pins in pole barn and wanted to get that middle 70s arcade feel just before video take over.i will post photos of new engine turn stainless steel table tops and pop bottle chairs we get for party.we hooked radio to remote jukebox stations..posted our rule board on menu board from east cost thank you..and beer sign menu board from wisc for our leader board..it does give the feel of a tacky arcade or more like tourist trap resort..must be good we already have two guys play pins drink to much while talking then about 1am start asking for their bill for the drinks and left 6 bucks in tips

#30 9 years ago

hi all..thought id post photos of new table tops and pop bottle top stools...these raise and lower with cylinder ,spin around and have foot rest..even a kid could carry as they not weigh so much..base very sturdy and stable.i had a bigger friend try when I get for safety check..really nice he said..best part is total cost was 88.00 for two off ebay and I got in less than 24 hours! had kids on x-mass put in front of machine and play..perfect for kids as well as full grown pinheads..after they get old maybe coke stickers.we now have seating in place for 20.

DSC00211.JPGDSC00211.JPG DSC00209.JPGDSC00209.JPG DSC00212.JPGDSC00212.JPG
    #33 9 years ago
    Quoted from Behr2006:

Well how much are the beers? LOL, JK

the beer and the pins are always free at the ranch!! although like any good tourist trap you leave drunk with a tee shirt that does not fit,a stuckys cheese log that you will find in your trunk in late july and a charge on your credit card of 37.50 for the small popcorn you might or might not had..please come on up north have some dinner with the crew 1-10-2015 play some pins..just don't get all pissed off the next morning when you find a bumper sticker on your beautiful new car with a photo of the pole barn and my face on it smiling lol...please stop on by -joe

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from cyclone1234:

Is the garage insulated , how do you heat it? just getting ideas ...

yes this shop is insulated..very very comfortable for game play..we put larger window ac unit into back wall get this place cool fast..this shop at my house and I put up to run cnc machines..it has 6 inch fibercrete..does not crack so easy..also 3 phase power..if you notice on profile page you will see low 12 foot ceiling..i could not get away with apartment on top ..this was key.low ceiling and being insulated..i keep heat at 57 at night when we are not playing and because im a sparrow ass and weigh in at 117 I freeze easy so we keep at 74degrees..we play a lot..my heat bill is around 68 dollars every month for this..i pay this every month to cover the cold winter months.also think long about parking and unloading pins..can people get out easy? think about electric so it drops from ceiling..want killer carpet or real nice floor? you wont when you watch the first drink drop in slow motion like a bad dream so we put easy to clean up rubber mats..make sure you get booths that the seat leave enough storage under..some do not leave room for storage..point radio away from walls that might bother guy next door. also any outside lights you want to put up can be put up with magnets to hold them on eves..we model in this place,ho train,pins board games pizza parties etc..this place has been dream for me since high school..we use for just about everything for the family.no noise in the house,no smoke smell in house,,you can come in the barn in winter with no worry about the floor getting dirty..and finally if you drink to much we put small camper I restore under carport in the back so no dui or dead pinheads..yes I still feel lucky to have this place

#36 9 years ago

please don't stop with the comments and jokes..im not new to pinball but really new to pinside..was very worried when we start this shebang that some pinsiders might not like our joking around and sometimes out of line humor..i did in fact gather our crew together here and told them we might have to pull in the reins and watch your off-beat humor and other general comments that some people may find over the top..i can see that's not going to be the case and has put us all at ease..i can not say enough that im blown away at the diverse group of people who I meet thru pinside and this party...one guy south of me with a collection of video games that would leave you speechless..guys who contact me on trains and cars.a guy I make friends with out of state,,even a guy I invite who say he will run the pin tournament keep score etc as I have no clue how this work...all thru pinside and pinball..thank you pinside and fellow pinsiders for this chance to get together..joe

#38 9 years ago

thanks!

DSC00226.JPGDSC00226.JPG
    #39 9 years ago

new years bump

#41 9 years ago

thanks-I will post outside photos of where we are playing.small pole barn will have x-mass lights on.photo in the morning

#43 9 years ago

this place called millers dog and suds..open since 1967..look about as new as it gets..family owner keep orig with girls still dressed in 50s attire.order from outside drive up boxes..fresh tasty food..a Saturday night car show with really nice street cars.a few nice illegal burn outs and ice cold root beer in a mug.easy for me to host summer party with this place near by..volo auto museum ,and pins in the pole barn..thanks for remembering the suds

#45 9 years ago

superdog is it!! 2 locations..one near expo the other in the city...hot dog in a box! and as the locals know...don't even think to try to order with ketchup.

#46 9 years ago

hi all-here is two photo so you can see building were we will be playing..outside lights will be on so easy to see...near wilmont and main street in spring grove...3 houses south of light at wilmont and main..kind of dark but you should see driveway to shop and we will see how parking goes..any problem pm and i can help to get you here-joeDSC00297.JPGDSC00297.JPGDSC00312.JPGDSC00312.JPG

1 week later
    #65 9 years ago

wow!.i gotta start by giving out a huge thank you from us at the ranch for all who braved the cold to come to my first pinball party.....before I say another word the biggest thanks for this great party goes out to my pinside friend mike in Minnesota.mike is the previous owner of the beautiful Apollo machine you all loved.he restored this machine .mike convince me 6 months ago to get more involved in pinside and reach out to other pinheads.all of this while he deals with a serious health problem with his son.with out his pushing me a bit telling me to take a chance or play alone this party would not have happened....thanks mike and all of our pinside luck for your sons full recovery..also huge thanks to mike out of grays lake for running any and all tournament play.without your help this entire event would not have gone this well...thanks....to every one of you pinsiders who came to our home..THANKS!! I have had other types of parties over the years from bikers to bankers..i have never ever in my life met a nicer,funner,diverse group of people.i cheated myself by not getting more involved with all of you years ago..you treated my machines better than we do..nothing but compliments from all of you on everything all night long..almost forgot about this stupid ass stutter I was so relaxed..i wasted my time for 2-months with worry for nothing..even machines screw up you all just laughed and said oh well that's pinball.THANKS!..many of you drove more than 40 miles each way to attend.THANKS! lastly I would like to thank robin and pinside to make it possible for us all to meet up on this site.THANKS!..well long enough and I hope to get you all involved in our summer time hillbilly pig roast pinball party..pins,bon fire.dog and suds and of course beer...and my only negative comment goes out to myself for not asking you all over long ago.....from me...truly humble thanks-joe k..p.s.to joe m..i will be keeping whats left of my eye out for you to find you your own Zulu gun.

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

Hey Joe,
    What pin am I missing? On the side with the Apollo and 300 there were 5 pins, the other two were Lucky Hand and Boomarang. What one am I missing?

hey joe..the other side had the 5-machines...4 pins and the pitch and bat..only the 4 pins on the Apollo side..im surprised you notice after you pop your first orange soda and start to play lucky hand.lol...you are one focused player!.long time since we see some one rack up so many free balls on one game..i will be sending thanks to all of you but im really beat today but happy as life gets..hope to get a chance to see your killer collection and next time out you and me go head to head on the 300

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayner:

You have just a terrific setup belairjoe and your sharing of what you have is tremendous-congrats. If I ever make it over your way I would love to be able to pop in and say hello! I am also a past model train buff and small block chevy drag racer so I guess by your Avatar you are into chevys' as well.

thanks! yes chevys are my first love.that 1960 you see ive owned 30 years..the 53 31 years..drove the 1960 all through the nineties..87 mies round trip everyday.restored it once drove it 156k.now ready to restore again.283 powerglide.great driver..the arcade has long way to go..plan is 14 more pins,ambush rifle game when I can find,and more signs and a touch of old neon.you are welcome to stop on by any time for a beer and a game..already starting to plan summer party..will be looking for suggestions and comments.the train has long way to go.we are setting up a carnival not a circus but have a total of 32 more moving rides to make I have collected over the last 45 years.hope tonever finish it..yea stop on by on Saturday night for some dog and suds the some racing at wilmont speedway 10 minutes from the house

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from DennisNordman:

Joe, I missed this thread, I would have come to your party. I live nearby in Lake Villa. I'd love to stop by sometime. How about your pitch and bat, was it popular?
    Dennis

dennis.this pitch and bat is upper deck..last game made at the time with crowd,home run and explosion noises.i got this as my brothers and I were kicked out of every place that had these for fighting while playing.just like the party I was dead wrong.everybody love this game and it gets played non stop at my smaller parties..sorry you missed this and I will pm you soon with our basic plan for our summertime party...you don't need a party to stop by and play.you have open invite as we play every Friday and Saturday night.our pole barn arcade would reach daddio status with your presence.please stop on by and play me a game on the pitch and bat and a beer and maybe we can bring back the good old days and get kicked out for fighting ,screaming.and swearing!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider belairjoe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spring-grove-il-pinball-party?tu=belairjoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.