(Topic ID: 321457)

Spring Break won't start game or launch ball.

By Pinballwizard501

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hello. I am new here and just started working on a Spring Break. To my knowledge it only has one issue. The issue that I have found is that when the game is started after coins are incerted and the red button pressed, pressing the right flipper does not initiate the game and the display just says to press the flipper to start. I confirmed that the solinode to launch the balls works, since when the machine is powered on in the startup phases it trigers the launch solinode, also the test mode shots the ball and if I trigger the tilt it also works. But the board to start the game doesn't seem to get the signal that the flipper was pressed.

I have ordered a set of schematics but they aren't supposed to come in for a few weeks. Does anyone happen to have scans of the schematics so I can start working on it sooner? I feel like the wire from the right flipper to the boards may not be connected but when trying to trace the wire form it I never even found a wire going from the flipper switch to a board so I am definitly missing something. And I am not even sure if that is the problem or not but it was the only place I could think to start.

Would love any help you all can provide as I try to figure this out. Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

the ball launch is activated by a switch on the upper right hand flipper .....check all the contacts on that first

#3 1 year ago

the ball launch is activated by a switch on the upper right hand flipper .....check all the contacts on that first</block

Thanks, I didn't even think to look on that for a switch! I will look into that, clean the contacts and report back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spring-break-won-t-start-game-or-launch-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.