driver 2 (1) (resized).jpg
sound2 (2) (resized).jpg
sound2 (1) (resized).jpg
power (2) (resized).jpg
power (1) (resized).jpg
mpu2 (2) (resized).jpg
mpu2 (1) (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I bought a Spring Break which was made by Premier/Gottlieb in 1987. I know that the cap in the main body that affects flow of current from the wall into the machine can go bad so I bought the replacement and I am in the process of installing it. I know that the ground wires in the same area can cause grounding issues. I have read in several places that it is best to gather all of the ground wires off of the harness in the main body next to the cap and to connect them all together and make one large ground out of them. The music worked and the flippers and some of the pop bumpers on the playfield worked before I put it in storage but at the time I know that it had some issues. I pulled it out of storage and moved it to the house and set it up. It boots to general illumination and that is all I have. If I place a ball on the playfield the flippers work but none of the pop or sling bumpers work and nothing scores. I also know that i need to add a second ground wire between the A1j4 and the A3J1 connector in the backbox. It is ther inter-board connector between the mpu board and the solenoid driver board.

#2 5 years ago

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80#Ground_updates

https://flippers.com/gottlieb_ground_cures.html#System80

154 (resized).jpg154 (resized).jpgconn1 (resized).jpgconn1 (resized).jpgconn2 (resized).jpgconn2 (resized).jpgconn3 (resized).jpgconn3 (resized).jpgdriver 2 (1) (resized).jpgdriver 2 (1) (resized).jpgdriver 2 (2) (resized).jpgdriver 2 (2) (resized).jpgmpu2 (1) (resized).jpgmpu2 (1) (resized).jpgmpu2 (2) (resized).jpgmpu2 (2) (resized).jpgpower (1) (resized).jpgpower (1) (resized).jpgpower (2) (resized).jpgpower (2) (resized).jpgsound2 (1) (resized).jpgsound2 (1) (resized).jpgsound2 (2) (resized).jpgsound2 (2) (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spring-break-premier-gottlieb-system-80b?hl=nickbudlight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.