Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-7591 (resized).jpg
IMG-7592 (resized).jpg
IMG-7593 (resized).jpg
IMG-7582 (resized).PNG
#1 3 years ago

Hi everyone ,
I'm new and a neophyte, I bought a gottlieb spring break to restore, maybe today I think it was a gamble as a first pinball machine, but the forum and the information found on this site give me the spirit to persevere.

When I turn on the pinball machine, nothing happens, dislpay is off, the playfild lights are off, there are only 3 flashing lights, from what I understand only the tilt relay starts and nothing more.

This pinball machine was damaged by vandals, the coin mechanism was unhinged, so I thought the problem was the slam switch, I made the change to the MPU board by creating the bridge to bypass the slam switch, I don't know if I did well?

As soon as the flipper was withdrawn, the spindles jumped, so I replaced them all, changed the capacitor and the diode bridges of the power supply and restore the ground masses.

On the Mpu I have the 5v

But now I don't know how to go further, I can't understand if it's a tilt or cpu or mpu board or eprom problem.

Any suggestions? thank you all .

IMG-7582 (resized).PNGIMG-7582 (resized).PNG
#2 3 years ago

How many balls in the trough? I think your pin needs four. If you have less than four balls it won’t start a game.

#3 3 years ago

I immediately buy the balls, they only gave me one, I'll update you. thank you.

Update: I inserted the balls, this is the result, the Tilt relay remains on.

there are other checks I can do before I think the MPU board is broken.

thank you

IMG-7591 (resized).jpgIMG-7591 (resized).jpgIMG-7592 (resized).jpgIMG-7592 (resized).jpgIMG-7593 (resized).jpgIMG-7593 (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

Hey Pinside Guru, Some idea ?

Tks a lot .

#5 3 years ago

Hi Guru,
i found my card
piggyback is unsoldered, I proceed with restoring it.
Hope this works out.

Tks a lot

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spring-break-not-booting- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.