• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by sevenrites
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0252[1] (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sevenrites.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

Hmm... I had a Spring Break and definitely miss it. Have you had the apron off so you can check the ball trough area out? I know that particular trough area is a bit different in the way it stages the next ball that's to come out during play. Somehow my apron was just not lined up perfectly and it was causing all kinds of issues with the balls coming out. I had to add a small shim under one of the clips the apron slipped into on the right side of the apron next to the launcher area. You'll be able to test the ball trough area and inspect the switches and what's going on with the apron off.

That doesn't explain the flipper issue though.

Is it also possible that the flippers and the trough coils that move the ball into the launcher are on the same circuit? And maybe it's a fuse that looks good but maybe it actually needs pulled out and tested because they don't always appear blown when they sometimes are.

Hopefully if nothing else, my bump helps get your post viewed by someone who is more knowledgeable and able to assist.

#10 7 years ago

I tried telling you to take the apron off and mess with the balls in the trough to see how they stage and load for launch, glad to see you're making progress.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from jerryt:

I didnt realize the switches were bent up, not knowing what they were actually suppose to look like threw me off.

Yeah, sorry if I wasn't more clear with my explanation, I was pretty certain you'd figure it out once you got inside there and saw how that mechanism tries to operate. So glad you're up and running 100%, now you can go after my high score! And if you end up beating it, you can rest assured that I'll have no recourse to try and even it back up as I have sadly parted ways with my Spring Break. Fortunately, it's found a new home in Canada with very good caretakers at their awesome Barcadia.

#15 7 years ago

Hah! It was definitely with the glass on. The trick is to get the multi ball lit, then get lucky and roll down one of the ones that releases 4 balls. Once you do that, if you can keep them in play long enough, they'll bounce around and keep lighting add a ball / add 4 balls and you can get a perpetual multi ball running and really rack up some points. It took me a good 50-75 games to achieve that score.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sevenrites.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spring-break-flippers-and-score-problems?tu=sevenrites and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.