5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SpringBreak_L28 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

On my Spring Break, there are 8 white flash lamps , located beside the "vacation " lamps that are supposed to fire at ball drain and other times. Mine are not working. I know there is an auxilary lamp driver under neath the pf, have reflowed solder here. these are also driven by a coil solenoid/relay located at the bottom front of playfield. If I activate this manually , the lamps work. I am trying to find out what driver actually controls this relay/coil . I cannot seem to source a wiring schematic. Any thoughts on this problem. I am thinking the driver on the auxilary board ... Thanks..

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from slither:

On my Spring Break, there are 8 white flash lamps , located beside the "vacation " lamps that are supposed to fire at ball drain and other times. Mine are not working. I know there is an auxilary lamp driver under neath the pf, have reflowed solder here. these are also driven by a coil solenoid/relay located at the bottom front of playfield. If I activate this manually , the lamps work. I am trying to find out what driver actually controls this relay/coil . I cannot seem to source a wiring schematic. Any thoughts on this problem. I am thinking the driver on the auxilary board ... Thanks..

I just had this problem. It turned out the coil was bad. I had voltage on one lug but not the other. Check to make sure the coil is ok and that you have voltage at both lugs. If all that is good these lights are "solenoid 7" on the driver board which is Q56.

As some extra info these lights are run by 24v DC so I wouldn't use LEDs in them. They are connected in series in pairs and connected to a resistor board under the playfield. This board and connector can be a problem from what i've read online and I've already had a pair not work because of a poor connection to the board. Wiggly the connector has fixed it so far for me but I expect I'll have to do more to really fix it.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for the reply !! I was just able to trace this back to q56 as you mentioned. The driver transistor here was repaired at some point and the legs are broken off flush with the body, there was also a trace repair on the rear which was loose. I need to get another transistor, unless I can find a a schematic which shows an unused one on the board and steal it. I jumpered the legs and grounded them and the lamps fired so everything else is good. Thanks, you were dead on !!

#4 5 years ago

I think L48, L49, L50, L51 are not used.
That would be Q49, Q50, Q51, Q52.

1 week later
#5 5 years ago

Replaced transistor , and done !! , working well. Onto the next problem, the release ball lamp on the right side, that feeds the flipper is on all the time, need to track down the corresponding transistor as well. Thanks for your help !!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from slither:

Replaced transistor , and done !! , working well. Onto the next problem, the release ball lamp on the right side, that feeds the flipper is on all the time, need to track down the corresponding transistor as well. Thanks for your help !!

That would be Lamp 28 (L28).
Replace Q29.

SpringBreak_L28 (resized).jpgSpringBreak_L28 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spring-break-flash-lamps-not-firing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.