9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider packie1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

problem I am having with my gottlieb spring break. When I hit the credit button the game will start up and the ball release will send a ball to the shooter lane. to send the ball up the shooter lane you need to hit the right flipper switch. the problem is that you might have to hit the switch 3-4 or more times before the solenoid fires and sends the ball into play. when I first got the game the problem started after you played 4 or 5 games and after you let the game set for a while you could play again. now it does it from the start. I have changed the mpu board with the board out of my Monte Carlo with the same results. looking over the schematic I can not see how the flipper is wired to even get the game started. any ideas??????

2 weeks later
#3 9 years ago
Quoted from WOLF:

Sounds like a bad switch.

Thanks Wolf! I was able to look at my friend's spring Break and we looked at the schematics and I asked him why there was a switch for the right upper flipper on the switch matrix and not for any other flippers? He had no answer and we tipped the playfield up and looked at the upper right flipper. Sure enough there was 2 switches on it and one was not making contact when the flipper pulled in. My friend asked why the game would launch a ball if you hit the flippers enough times. I told him I suspected that it was vibration that would eventually make the switch touch and complete the circuit.
We adjusted the switch and the game launches a ball every time on the first hit of the flipper button. We wanted to put this fix out there for any other Spring Break owners.
Thanks!
Mike

8 years later
#5 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have a similar problem, but do not have the manual/game in front of me. Is the switch on the upper flipper supposed to be both open while the flipper is down, and then both closed when the flipper is up? Or is the 1st switch normally closed, meaning it is closed when the flipper is down and open when up?

I do not have access to my friend's game at present, but after re-reading my old post, I am going to say that both need to be open and then when the button is pressed both switches close. Give that a try. I will see if I can get my friend to check his if needed.
Mike

1 week later
#8 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Worked on the game tonight
The first switch is normally closed, 2nd is normally open until the flipper flips the. It closes and launches the ball.
I checked connectors, switches etc but it was dirty contacts on the solenoid plugs at the driver board. Repinned those and it worked fine..gottlieb got me again!

Glad to hear you found the issue. Not a bad game. Girl in the center of the playfield is a good distraction!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider packie1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spring-break-ball-shooter-problem?tu=packie1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.