(Topic ID: 119944)

Spring Arcade party, Grayling, Michigan, May 23rd.

By tamoore

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

11011478_10205385342867380_60248342258299927_n.jpg
    Red Rocket Arcade Spring Party.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Final Quarter Bar and Red Rocket Arcade spring party announcement.

This thread will contain the info and updates leading up to the party.

Last spring was a lot of fun, and we're doing some stuff this year to make it even better.

If you'd like an invite, please let me know via PM.

Red Rocket Arcade Spring Party.jpgRed Rocket Arcade Spring Party.jpg

2 weeks later
    #2 9 years ago

Here's a video of the newly remodeled Final Quarter Bar....

#3 9 years ago

Looks amazing !
    I may of blinked but I didn't see Track and Field in the video.

#4 9 years ago

Very nice tamoore. Like it a lot

1 week later
    #5 9 years ago

Host Hotel Info:

Candy has negotiated a group rate with the Ramada Inn for the Saturday night of our party. Please call to reserve the room, using "Moore Party" to get the special group rate.

The rate is 81 dollars tax included, and includes access to the pool and hot tub area as well as a hot breakfast in the morning (if you decided not to have breakfast with us in the morning). wink emoticon

May23rd, 2015.

http://www.ramada.com/hotels/michigan/grayling/ramada-grayling-conference-center/hotel-overview

Hotel phone 989-348-7611

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wariodolby:

Looks amazing !
    I may of blinked but I didn't see Track and Field in the video.

Track and Field has been sold! Them cocktails just take up a TON of room.

1 week later
    #7 9 years ago

I wanted to say some things about the benefit portion of this party, which is going to be an important part of this soiree.

We're raising money for Angie Moggo and her family to help pay for expenses related to her cancer treatments. Angie is a life long resident of Grayling where she lives with her husband John and her two sons Jensyn and Skyler (pictured). Angie is on her second battle with cancer in 10 years, and is undergoing treatments in Traverse City every week day. As you can imagine, this is a weighty financial burden for her entire family in addition to the physical stress they're facing. Angie is tough, and with the help and support of her family and friends, is on the road to "Kicking cancer's ass" once again.

The fundraising items on the docket are:
    1) Donation drop box.
    2) 50/50 drawings.
    3) Raffles for original artwork (pinball inspired).
    4) Raffles for other items and craft works.
    5) Tip jar at the bar for drink service.
    6) Pinball tournament entry fees.

As I've said previously, this party is primarily an excuse for a fun time over a holiday weekend - but let's come together to make it a bit more than just that for some very special people.

Thank You!!!

11011478_10205385342867380_60248342258299927_n.jpg11011478_10205385342867380_60248342258299927_n.jpg
    #8 9 years ago

Boo on Track n Field going away, but I understand why. Still pftttttt'd LOL.

#9 9 years ago

Gravitar, you are welcome to come down and play it whenever you want sir !
    Todd...what an awesome guy you are for doing this fundraiser. Cheers !

#10 9 years ago

Fyi,...I begged Todd to sell it to me for a over a month (sorry Todd!).
    Aint too proud to beg when it comes to Track and Field. Thanks again Todd ! Cant wait to get her !

#11 9 years ago

Bump for good guy and good cause. Santana and I would come, but we have the MITCA track meet the same day in saugatuck. Unless for some reason Evart doesn't get invited this year. Then we would come. Sounds like lots of fun, and would be fun watching someone else run around fixing games at a party, instead of myself. Todd Scott

#12 9 years ago

Thanks Todd.

Here is the info for the IFPA sanctioned tournament that will happen at the party. If you want to participate in the tournament, let me know. You're invited. If you have any questions about the format, use the contact info here:

http://thadawkins.wix.com/tricitypinball#!tournaments/cv4g

2 weeks later
    #13 8 years ago

The meat for the BBQ is in the freezer.

24lbs of chickens
    35lbs of Boston butt
    43lbs of Brisket

Who's hungry?

#14 8 years ago

I also wanted to let you know how generous our pinball brother Chris Travis is from Rock Custom Pinball.

He's putting some of his awesome pinball products in our raffle, with all proceeds going to Angie and her family. (Angie just finished her first round of radiation treatments on Tuesday - with a whole new round starting again in a month).

He has donated 5 products, winners choice:

Interactive undercab flasher kit.
    WPC/WP95 speaker light kit.
    WPC/WPC95 back panel kit.
    and a TZ back panel mod.

Also, he has put up a sealed Jurassic Park topper.

You're not likely to meet a better person in all of the pinball community. Thank him for his generosity to a great cause by ordering some of his stuff, OK?

http://www.rockcustompinball.com/

Thanks!

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Boo on Track n Field going away, but I understand why. Still pftttttt'd LOL.

Track & Field just reminds me how much better hyper Sports is

Damn sounds like a great time for a great casue...but I got league that night.
    HAVE FUN!!!

#16 8 years ago

Chris from Tri-City Pinball has put up $100 for a cash prize for the IFPA pinball tournament. Thank you, Chris!

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Track & Field just reminds me how much better hyper Sports is
    Damn sounds like a great time for a great casue...but I got league that night.
    HAVE FUN!!!

Hypersports is the king game of the genre for sure.

League on memorial day weekend and on a charity event date to boot, unheard of. You'll be missed TheLaw. See you at VFW / AnnArbor Showcase.

2 weeks later
    #18 8 years ago

Getting closer! Here is the final guide and instruction manual for the party.

Hours:
    Starts at noon. Ends at.... That's your call.

What to bring:
    Yourself. It'll be a better party with you here.
    A folding/camp chair. You'll want to sit to eat, catch Calamity Jane, and Queen!
    Some cash. 50/50 drawings, raffles, buy in pinball tournaments, bar tips, donation jars, etc.

Remember:
    It might be cool at night, but it gets really warm in the arcade with all the games on. Consider bringing an easily removable light jacket.

Parking:
    Easily the biggest challenge we face. Early comers, park in the front yard, and pack in tight. Be careful opening your doors. Anywhere in the front yard is fair game, but don't park so that someone else can't get out. If you are planning on camping on-site, contact me for alternate parking spaces. If you come later and have to park on the road, please park only on one side of the road, and do your best not to block driveways.

Camping:
    We have lots of space, and the weather is supposed to be nice. If you want to stay, you're more than welcome. Just bring a tent. First people, please set up around the perimeter of the yard. We'll fill in the center with people who come later.

Hotel:
    I've heard that the Ramada in Grayling is still honoring the discount rate for Saturday. Call them, and reserve your room under the group "Moore Party". (989) 348-7611

Eats:
    Steve and Sharon of MaxQ BBQ will be smoking chickens, Pork and Beef for dinner. Chicken and Pork will be pulled for sammiches (yea, that's how I say it ). The Beef Brisket will be slow cooked over Friday night, and the points will be trimmed and put back in the smoker for a nice afternoon burnt ends snack. Meat candy, is what Steve calls it.
    Food is going to be on the buffet table from 1:00 PM until.....????

Drinks:
    The newly remodeled Final Quarter Bar cocktail bar will be hosted by Alycia. It's a fully stocked bar and If you have a favorite drink, Alycia can probably mix it. We'll have Founders All Day IPA on tap in the bar, and BUD LIGHT in the garage if the heavy beers aren't your thing. There will be a few craft brews in the garage as well, a couple by the newly forming Rolling Oak brewery, and a Milk Stout brewed especially for the party by pinball aficionado and brewer Josh.

Entertainment:
    At 2:00 PM, Theresa and Kathy take the stage for the 2nd year to fill the north woods with their beautiful harmonies and great song selections. Get here early, you don't want to miss it.
    After that, YOU take the stage as Chris and Andrea make you the star with their awesome Karaoke system.
    Queen takes the stage at 9:30. QUEEN!! And it's going to be loud. Just sayin'.

Arcade:
    24 pin games, 10 video games, slot machines, skill crane, jukebox.
    Pinball tournaments for the pros, and for the beginners.
    Daytona USA tournament also. THIS YEAR FOR SURE!!!
    Also: The "bring your game" arcade is filling up quite nicely as well with half a dozen solid titles!

Restrooms:
    We have a porta-potty here to use for convenience, but you can use the bathrooms in the house if you prefer. There are two on the main level.

Designated driver rides into town:
    We give rides to anyone who needs one to get back into Grayling. We really don't want to see anyone drink too much and then drive back.
    If you're from out of town and are staying in town, we'll take you back to the hotel. If you're pretty sure you will want a ride back, let me know in advance, and we'll arrange picking you up prior to the party (This saves us parking space, too).

Campfire:
    We will sit around until the wee hours, solving the world problems in front of a warm fire in the chill of the beautiful northern Michigan air.

Breakfast:
    You're invited back in the morning before departing (assuming you're staying in the area) for eggs, hash browns, bagels and coffee. The arcade will be available, too.

Rules:
    1) We're all friends here. Respect each other, and lets do something awesome!
    2) Have fun! Participate in the activities. Enjoy the arcade, and don't be intimidated.

This is an invitation event. If you want to come - send me a PM and let me know, and I'll get you the address.

Candy and I are looking forward to having you.

#19 8 years ago

Have fun everyone! Seems hard not to

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spring-arcade-party-grayling-michigan-may-23rd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.