Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Scoot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Does anyone have a suggestion on a good way to remove some light spray paint from a Formica surface? In this case it is the surface of a shuffle alley machine, but I do have a few pitch and bats and rifle shooting games that may need a bit of the same done.....

#2 5 years ago

Try lacquer thinner. My work benches are all formica tops and I clean them with lacquer thinner all the time.

But to be sure - just try a small unseen section first.

#3 5 years ago

razor blade.

#4 5 years ago

I've used 2000 grit sandpaper before on bathroom Formica counter tops.

#6 5 years ago

Automotive polishing compound

#7 5 years ago

Try some Novus 1

#8 5 years ago

gasoline will take it off, cleaned paint off several machines with a rag, gas, elbow grease. works great.

#9 5 years ago

whatever solvent works and plastic razor blades.

#10 5 years ago

Lift Off Spray Paint & Graffiti Remover from Home Depot. Water based and works. Or rubbing alcohol would probably be cheap and safe.

#11 5 years ago

old reliable- Maple syrup and a pancake. Put the syrup on he spot, wait 5 minutes, and use the pancake to mop it up and eat.

Jk- so many different ways to do this posted...…..

#12 5 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I tired goof off, works but super slow. Picked up some Citristrip to try next, and also trying some thinner and I've got novus on hand. Rubbing alcohol did next to nothing on this one. Shouldn't be too difficult or worrisome. It's just some over spray someone got on a puck bowler alley.

#13 5 years ago

Magic eraser is fast with no chemicals.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spray-paint-removal-from-formica-tops?hl=wdennie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.