Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tommy-dog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1026E282-8D25-4C8D-BC00-E39770BB7912 (resized).jpeg
    40C4D635-C784-4096-81EC-556CA70D1110 (resized).jpeg
    F39230C3-198D-45C2-8CB6-ACB7E9ABD748 (resized).jpeg
    17929D8B-A763-44B1-A704-73CDB1C0B1C6 (resized).jpeg
    BBD2B34E-2450-4DF0-8F9D-18A799761F94 (resized).jpeg
    BBD2B34E-2450-4DF0-8F9D-18A799761F94 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

Mine is like 117” wide x 122” long x 92” high. Plenty of room all the way around a cabinet or playfield.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was going to say 10'x10' would likely be about right but it looks like you beat me to it. If you are not planning on using it all that often & don't mind working in close quarters 8x10 might work but it would be pretty tight. Anything less seems like a waste of time & space because it wouldn't be big enough for much. If you are planning on an 8x10 you want to be sure there is nothing else in the room but what you are painting & you. Maybe what ever you are painting on a table with wheels but nothing around edges for sure!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Minimum of 3 feet of free space all the way around your work area.

I agree unless you are just doing it for very limited use. The more room the better if you expect to be using it all the time or a good bit but devoting 1/2 of a one car garage to a "spray booth" you intend to use once or twice a year seems like a huge waste of space. As first person to reply said 10x10 is about ideal but I think you could get away with an 8x10 if you put items you are painting on a rolling table and can move that table a foot or two during the spraying process.

One other thought would be to make "paint booth" bigger then have rolling shelving units you could roll out when you wanted to use the spray booth. (I use the wire rack style places like Sam's Club sell for my pinball parts). If I were to build a spray booth I only used a couple times a month I would store my parts (on rolling racks) in the spray booth when I wasn't using it for painting. That would keep my parts bins somewhere clean all the time and then before using the paint booth I would just roll the racks out into the shop and clean up the booth a little before spraying.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spray-booth-suggestions?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.