Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which listing do you think is the scam?”

• CA 1 vote
      6%
    • NY 6 votes
      33%
    • Both 11 votes
      61%

(18 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

The game is in both California and New York:

I figure the craigslist game is the scam, since there are fewer pictures, but I really can't tell.

California: ebay.com link: NICE Williams Road Kings Pinball Machine

New York: rochester.craigslist.org link

#2 10 years ago

Nice catch. I really think that the CL one is the scam. It looks like the Ebay guy does quite a bit of business

#3 10 years ago

It's certainly possible, but I made an offer on that game and did get a response. Seems like the only way you could scam a local buyer using a local ad is a kidnapping or something.

#4 10 years ago

That RK has been on my local cl for a few months now.

#5 10 years ago

The one here has been up at least a month, and re-listed a couple times

#6 10 years ago

Both, the game is over priced

#7 10 years ago

Maybe they're both scams?

#8 10 years ago

Here's my fav part. when I click on the e-bay link it takes me to the Brakes & Suspension sub category.

Here is the path.

Listed in category:

eBay Motors
    >
    Parts & Accessories
    >
    Motorcycle Parts
    >
    Brakes & Suspension

#9 10 years ago

yeah, i noticed that too. whatever is going on, it's strange for sure

#10 10 years ago

Same pin on CL Bay Area for $1250. I assume he has it cheaper since he doesn't have fees on CL.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

#11 10 years ago

Yeah, that makes sense. I still wonder what the New York listing is trying to accomplish. Here's a conversation I had with the guy:

Hi,

I was wondering if you would sell this game for $600 cash.

Thanks,
    Matt

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was hoping to get a little more, I had just reduced it from $1200.

Gary

Sent from my ASUS Pad

#12 10 years ago

Correct me if I am wrong. But isn't this the pin that some guy got for super cheap from a pinsider and put it back up on CL for double the next day. Looks familiar, thought it was this Roadkings.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Correct me if I am wrong. But isn't this the pin that some guy got for super cheap from a pinsider and put it back up on CL for double the next day. Looks familiar, thought it was this Roadkings.

Yea you're talking about the guy who bought it from Sean Casey and then tried to re-flip a day later, lol. That guy is definitely located in the California Bay Area.

#14 10 years ago

Kind of remember an Addams Family that made the US tour couple of years ago

#15 10 years ago

At least it is not this one:
    kansascity.craigslist.org link

It's possible the CL guy in NY was too lazy to take pictures and just grabbed a few from an eBay listing...

#16 10 years ago

One of these persons 'sales' practice is either lazy and/or a scam, no doubt. (and unfortunately all too common) Great find Noahs_Arcade!

I'm glad that we generally have trustworthy people on Pinside to do business with. I really appreciate those that help weed out the ne'er-do-wells that always seem to be prevalent on Craigslist & eBay. Again, nice work!

#17 10 years ago

I've flagged the craigslist ones you folks have shown in this thread, but the listing is still there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spot-the-scam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.