(Topic ID: 288587)

Spot the backglass!

By pinballslave

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    20210223_215315 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

I had a slight accident... can anyone identify which glass met its maker? Admiration and respect to the first with the correct answer.

20210223_215315 (resized).jpg20210223_215315 (resized).jpg
    #3 3 years ago

Earthshaker?

#4 3 years ago

Gimme a hint, manufacturer, year, decade, era, somethin'.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Stern Lectronamo?

We have a winner! This looked quite good swept into a patch on the floor with all the mirror reflecting the ceiling lights, I found it hard to bring myself to sweep it up! Thankfully I don't have the game and the glass wasn't in great shape at all, so I actually felt a pang of relief as I accidentally dropped it! Decision of if I should bother salvaging it made in an instant!

#6 3 years ago

I was doing a little cheating to see if it was in your collection. Your game pics are pretty impressive. Looks like lots of hours of entertainment going thru all those stacks of games.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

Looks like lots of hours of entertainment going thru all those stacks of games.

I'm looking forwards to the games room being finally finished so I can move all the games in, that's for sure!! 10 years these things have been in storage!!

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

I had a slight accident... can anyone identify which glass met its maker? Admiration and respect to the first with the correct answer.
    [quoted image]

“Looks like Walt Disney threw up”. NE 1 remember that line?

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Stern Lectronamo?

I know that we're all pinball geeks here, but it's kinda crazy that you got the answer first try and that quick.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I know that we're all pinball geeks here, but it's kinda crazy that you got the answer first try and that quick.

Well, I thought I recognized a few of the larger pieces. And Lectronamo was one of my favorite early solid state backglasses (even though the gameplay wasn't too exciting).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #11 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

It’s because he is Superman.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

It’s because he is Superman.

Dang it can’t you keep a secret?

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

“Looks like Walt Disney threw up”. NE 1 remember that line?

It rings a bell, but I can't place it... give us a clue!

#14 3 years ago

Reminds me of the time I accidentally broke a firepower glass that was 9.5 condition. Ugh it hurts sometimes.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Reminds me of the time I accidentally broke a firepower glass that was 9.5 condition. Ugh it hurts sometimes.

I hate to think back to some of the backglasses I broke... each one seems to be its own unique accident! The most memorable and classic was when I did 3 at once... including a mint condition Haunted House, which I'm still gutted about... I was in a hotel, I'd bought these 3 glasses on the way there and displayed them on a shelf in the hotel... I was in this particular hotel for several weeks (long business trip)... one morning I went to have a shower, but there was no hot water... zero... nothing coming from the tap at all... had a cold shower... found out they were doing maintenance on the boiler... went to work, when I got back to my room I opened the door to be met with a steam sauna! I'd forgotten to turn the hot tap off!!! The whole room was literally filled with steam... I opened the balcony door to let it all out, and slowly I was able to see stuff... looking at the glasses, which was my main concern, they looked like they'd survived... which is more than I could say for the paint on the hotel room door! I sat at the table surveying the wetness everywhere and I heard a very faint clicking sound... I looked at the glasses and the paint was starting to crack and lift off in large chunks!! I was horrible to watch, but I couldn't do anything about it... by the time they had fully dried out, the HH was 90% void of art, just a sheet of glass!! The other glasses were a Star Trek and Freefall... they were all spare glasses, but the HH was better than the one in my game, which is why I was particularly gutted about that one!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spot-the-backglass?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.