(Topic ID: 49189)

Sporting a sports related pinball machine.

By o-din

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinmanguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN1353.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Lately I've really been enjoying Big Hurt, more and more every day. It has become my go to machine. It takes the pitch and bat idea to a whole new level. This games got it all, and that homerun ramp with the moving glove make that one of the most satisfying shots in pinball. What are your favorite sporting pins?

DSCN1353.JPGDSCN1353.JPG

#2 10 years ago

NBAFB. Even though I don't like Basketball, it is fun.

#3 10 years ago

I completely agree with you about Big Hurt. I loved playing it as a kid, and one of these days I will own one. Second would be NBAFB.

#4 10 years ago

NGG
CP
WCS
Skateball
Indy 500
Fish Tales
Nascar

#5 10 years ago

MNF - fun game , sounds of the old broadcasts
Silver Slugger - fun baseball game, street level game or whatever Gottleib called them. this one is a simple fun baseball game. especially when you play someone and try to score the most runs.
WCS- this is a very fun soccer game that has soared in popularity because it was a great bang for buck game for a long time.

#6 10 years ago

Waiting on a NHL pin. Thank heaven the exciting playoffs are here. Go Pens Go!

#7 10 years ago

I'm loving my Gottlieb Torch right now. IMHO one of the best playing and under-rated System 1 games.

An NHL game would be cool. A new feature could be implemented where the rules would change every time you started a new game

Go Canucks!

#8 10 years ago

i have a "pro football" on the way that can't get here soon enough... my bro and i practically wore one out one summer, and i can't wait to play it again...

and i really want an em pitch and bat...

i've never played a "big hurt", maybe there will be one at allentown in free play...

a hockey pin would be cool... unfortunately, "generic" themes (cards, pool, sports, etc.) that used to work in the em/early ss days don't lend themselves to "modern" pinball...

using hockey as an example... short of a multiball based off of a power play, or a few other things, there really isn't much to work with... a storyline to exploit is a necessity for today's machines, and there's no storyline with a generic theme... "specific themes" (especially aged rock bands, since they play straight into the buying demographic... ) give a designer a lot more to work with in terms of modes and so on...

the only way it would "work" is if someone really committed to the "throwback" models (old school, open playfield, see target/hit target pinball) and the one attempt at that didn't seem to work out so well... too bad, as i would be a buyer... i can't be the only "em guy" out there who wouldn't mind having the gameplay of an em controlled by a chip rather than a bagillion little switches...

and since the game would be "simple", incomplete software couldn't possibly be an issue...

#9 10 years ago

This is my favorite hockey pin I did this project a few years ago now... maybe it's time to update the code a bit.

#10 10 years ago

Though I am not ski fan, I do enjoy Gottliebs WipeOut pinball.

#11 10 years ago

The big hurt pin I played in the wild was in bad condition but I can see how one in real good nic could be lots of fun

#12 10 years ago

Too bad Stern didn't do all 32 NFL team translite for their NFL pin.

#13 10 years ago

I've got a space jam, the rules are shallow but the shots are fun. Sometimes I just try and see how many baskets in a row I can hit

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sporting-a-sports-related-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.