48FD3420-590E-42C7-94C1-967825EFFA88 (resized).png
2E9EFED0-663D-4B40-A33E-9293880C5193 (resized).jpeg
136691BB-FE7E-432C-B45F-2C8EBABEDFBD (resized).jpeg
E5T6KhiWEAcZyBN (resized).jpeg
Untitledxxc (resized).jpg
BB1avFvQ.img (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
75C7A57D-6266-49C4-9DAB-46743C4181C4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Have they announced how many of each version they will make?

As many as they sell. They will announce a hard limit on total games but it can be any combination of trim level.

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

theme wise, this game is not for me. Spooky is a good hearted company who cares, but they need to play test their games prior to shipping. for Rick and Morty to ship without REAL play testing is really shocking to me. many buyers had to drill into their PFs to correct the ball guides to make the game actually shoot as intended. many others had power source problems. many buyers also had to get the flippers adjusted right prior to it being playable.
my question is: what pinball company has EVER shipped games to buyers that are unplayable due to lack of play testing? spooky is the only one i can think of. Sure, JJP and Stern have shipped games with pooling clearcoat and chipping in various areas. they did not ship games which could not play as the designer intended. they did not ship games which needed to have drilling and alteration of the hardware top side of the PF done by the customers. i am surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, except that they had this headache. nobody ships games which cannot shoot as intended except for spooky. I hope these issues are corrected soon. Until QC and play testing gets much better at Spooky, I'm not a buyer, regardless of theme.

Man what have I been doing playing thousand of games on this unplayable game I have!

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

If you put thousands of games on a home use R&M since they were *announced*...that's called an addiction, sir. I would wager that in the entire 8 years I've been in the hobby, even as a competitive player for several years where I was at a league or tournament every other week, I've probably played less than 5000 games across every game I've ever touched.
Always gotta wonder about the hyperbole when it comes to things like this. We had HUO Metallica that we sold around 800-900 plays after 2 years. The first 450 plays were from being unboxed in the TPF tournament area and used over the weekend. ¬_¬

You're a competitive player? Funny you have never mentioned that...ever.

Hey guess what's great about playing at home? You can play all day long, in your underwear, or late at night when everyone is asleep. I play my games all the time because they are literally right next to me. I've worked from home for the last 15 months. 100 plays a month...that's 25 per week. You think playing 4 times a day is outrageous? Maybe you are just so great at competitive pinball you don't have to practice!

#161 2 years ago

My original quote

Man what have I been doing playing thousand of games on this unplayable game I have!

I guess that should have been Man what have I been doing playing a thousand games on this unplayable game I have!

I do love the game. Kicks my ass I keep playing.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

did you not have to alter your game upon receipt? I hope the problem of the modifications only occurred on a select few games, but based on the publicity of the issues which I explained in my post, it seemed pretty pervasive and regular to have buyers do significant modification/alteration prior to being able to play it as designed.
I'm happy to hear your game is issue-free; we all want that on every game by every company! Lord knows we pay enough money for the games to deserve the experience and joy without obstructions!

I have never had a NIB game that has been issue free. I have no problems making adjustments if needed and I have never expected perfect out of the box. Some games need adjustments more than others. I’d say R&M needed more than most I’ve owned. Stranger Things is one I had to do a bunch of adjustments to as well.

I chalk it up to some people being solely NIB or new used game buyers. If you started in the hobby fixing games, these adjustments to NIB don’t seem that big of a deal. If all you do is buy NIB or new used games, then perhaps you have a different expectation of what pinball ownership/maintenance is.

This is just my opinion.

4 months later
#415 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Are they in financial trouble?

Dude just stop. They pre-sold a couple thousand games. They've expanded their facilities twice now and just doubled their workforce. You think they are in financial trouble because Bowen isn't on the payroll? Bit of a leap, eh?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spookyhalloween?tu=Palmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.