48FD3420-590E-42C7-94C1-967825EFFA88 (resized).png
2E9EFED0-663D-4B40-A33E-9293880C5193 (resized).jpeg
136691BB-FE7E-432C-B45F-2C8EBABEDFBD (resized).jpeg
E5T6KhiWEAcZyBN (resized).jpeg
Untitledxxc (resized).jpg
BB1avFvQ.img (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
75C7A57D-6266-49C4-9DAB-46743C4181C4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's been my issue with them all along. AMH was *great* but I couldn't afford one at the time...then they just started going off into a bunch of weird old man stuff that I couldn't care less about.... Rob Zombie...Alice Cooper? C'mon. Rick and Morty was a theme ripe to be done, and something that appeals to me, but I didn't see anything on that game to justify the prices, but I also didn't look that hard after the prior two.
Now we're back to a geezer theme that originates before I was even born, and I'm 40. Granted, I still expect Halloween to have wider appeal than RZ or ACNC.

RZ and ACNC were my top two dream themes well before they were announced, so I'm rather happy with their choices overall. It's good to have a boutique company making titles that Stern wouldn't touch.

AMH is awesome, but I was just getting into the hobby back then, when anything over $2500 sounded insane to me (then the addiction took hold ). Felt special when I finally got one this year.

Halloween I'll be in for, but it wasn't my preference. 2nd theme is intriguing.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

RZ and ACNC were my top two dream themes well before they were announced, so I'm rather happy with their choices overall. It's good to have a boutique company making titles that Stern wouldn't touch.
AMH is awesome, but I was just getting into the hobby back then, when anything over $2500 sounded insane to me (then the addiction took hold ). Felt special when I finally got one this year.
Halloween I'll be in for, but it wasnt my preference. 2nd theme is intriguing.

Nearly every down vote I've received that I've noticed on Pinside has been from "TheLaw"...before I even checked, I knew who it was...not sure if there's some personal vendetta...getting strange.

I've had no interaction with him that I'm aware of.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:Could be as simple as he disagreed with a part of your post.

Of course, that would be fair enough, but after 3142 upvotes, and only 19 down votes, with perhaps most of those down votes being from TheLaw...it seems rather bizarre, as if I've irked someone somehow and am oblivious.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well I know he uses it all the time to voice disagreement with a particular post, and I would say most just scroll along if they disagree, or reply to your post and voice disagreement that way. There’s an option to turn off downvotes too if you want.

I don't mind getting down voted (it's good information to have if it's there), and I didn't intend for my comment to get such attention (bit of an impulse post while we're all excited about the upcoming game).

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Glad you got some pins you liked from them. I like the way RZ plays, except the upper playfield part which is just....what the hell even is that?
And...AMH...I never OWNED one so I can't speak to the things like wires poking into an orbit or whatever. The ones I've played never had that issue. The most common complaint that I share with other people I've talked to about AMH is how ridiculously overpowered the slings and the scoop eject are.

All of my Spooky games have been quirky in one way or another. Definitely need some amount of "fixing" and dialing in, but I presume that's improved with more recent games.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

I just downvoted his last bunch of posts if that helps

*Sigh* I really didn't mean to open a can of worms. Looks like I racked up a good amount on that Kaneda post --my one moderated post was also Kaneda related back when he was still on the site (*cue flashbacks*).

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Am I the only pinhead who thinks that Spooky doesn’t want my money...........There is something slightly off with this company. Please Spooky, I want to give you my money!
- America’s Most haunted....WTF?? Golden Girls would have made more sense
- Rob Zombie - Huge fan and what a waste of an amazing theme on a crap layout
- Alice Cooper - Super fan, but the pin lacks his real music and another brick fest of a layout
- TNA (Not a Spooky game)
- Rick and Morty - Sold out before I could watch an episode
- Halloween - Massive horror fan, but if I am to be honest, Halloween has always bored me

How can one claim to be an Alice Cooper "super fan" and suggest the music in the pin isn't his "real music?" It's not my ideal list at all, but most of it is great for the game (I was pleasantly surprised that Brutal Planet made it in [BP/DT are a couple of my favorite Alice albums--up there with Killer for me]).

ACNC does have the problem with the dead posts...eventually learning the shots takes some of that away, but a few bricks in a row with no switch interaction is disheartening and pulls away the immersion. Otherwise, it's a cool layout IMO, particularly the upper playfield design.

AMH - I don't understand all the negative feedback it gets Compared to the average game, there's so much more thought and interaction that went into the mechs and code in AMH that I'm surprised it gets panned. The mode with the doctor ghost holding the door, with hits showing the ghost push back on the DMD, while the door partially gives and comes back, all while the ghost minion is "watching" and you have to distract it to look away, yadda yadda yadda....brilliant IMO .

RZ - I actually think the layout and crazy sling/pop action is what makes it awesome and stand out in a collection (on top of some of the best dots and callouts in pinball). I'm content with what it became, but my frustration with RZ was code essentially being abandoned (as well as the apron mod). I believe Dominos may have also been abandoned.

It will be interesting to see how they tackle Halloween. It doesn't immediately seem to fit pinball as well as many other horror or campy horror themes would, but it sounds like they found a way to make it work.

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My biggest issue with ACNC the short time I played it was the AC callouts. lol. Just flat and took you out of the game as there was no acting in them at all, and this guy is a character actor on stage.

Indeed. I'm sure we all envisioned his signature, gritty shouts to surface, and they should have at times IMO. I'll just have to trust the sedated narration approach is what they were going for...

I mean, it must not have been too bad, as Stern/"Hopper" chose to copy the callout style for Stranger Things

Untitledxxc (resized).jpgUntitledxxc (resized).jpg
#360 2 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Fawzma should be the one everyone is concerned with- dude took 3+ years to get close to finishing acnc

Quoted from 27dnast:

Game looks neat... no offense to spooky, but my big concern is: Rules by Bug Emory and Fawmza.
Paying $8-9k plus for a game with rules created a first timer (and Fawzma, who did a decent but not stellar job on ACNC)... doesn’t excite me too much.

I expect Bug will do an awesome job.

If you've listened to their podcasts in the past, it's clear Bug has a lot of creativity flowing--not always great content, but it's obvious he inherently has the sort of mind for thinking ahead and piecing things together, and will do so with excitement.

Fawzma has been a disappointment a few times. He seemed to go mostly radio silent after he failed to keep his apron mod promise (he was very engaged and motivated early on). Would be nice to see more passion.

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I expect Bug will do an awesome job.
If you've listened to their podcasts in the past, it's clear Bug has a lot of creativity flowing--not always great content, but it's obvious he inherently has the sort of mind for thinking ahead and piecing things together, and will do so with excitement.
Fawzma has been a disappoint a few times. He seemed to go mostly radio silent after he failed to keep his apron mod promise (he was very engaged and motivated early on).
I don't like being critical, but we haven't really seen a passionate engagement with him since early RZ, and it would be nice to see more of that to feel like code is in good hands. After three (?) abandoned projects, it's hard to feel like he takes pride in it (nor has empathy for those that supported him)--he may not realize it, but this makes people think he's miserable while coding, doing it for a paycheck.
Perhaps we're spoiled with Lyman, but its certainly easier to respect when a coder really cares about how their work is perceived, and will perfect it on their own time if necessary.
I get that he's likely worked to the bone, and I do feel for that, but something like the apron mod needed to be finished, even if at a loss (the games likely had good reasons to move on from)

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

First off I would like to say that's a totally fair and honest assessment. Just remember that it's a team! Eric will be consulting on code and rules. Bowen was on FaceTime with Bug today. Bug has been sitting right next to fawzma for a month. It comes down to management! Also I would like to say Corwin was born into pinball he's been playing games from every manufacturer his whole life. There is nothing the kid cant understand and nobody takes advice, criticism, or input better than him. At the end of the day everyone on this project is a newbie but you won't find a group working harder to do well for you guys.

I did reduce what I said about Fawzma before your post, as I don't like being so negative, and I do think he's plenty capable--we just want to see passion for it.

Bug/Corwin's involvement is a positive for me--he's creative, passionate, and has something to prove. Not worried at all there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spookyhalloween?tu=Medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.