48FD3420-590E-42C7-94C1-967825EFFA88 (resized).png
2E9EFED0-663D-4B40-A33E-9293880C5193 (resized).jpeg
136691BB-FE7E-432C-B45F-2C8EBABEDFBD (resized).jpeg
E5T6KhiWEAcZyBN (resized).jpeg
Untitledxxc (resized).jpg
BB1avFvQ.img (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
75C7A57D-6266-49C4-9DAB-46743C4181C4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 2 years ago

Finally, a pinball theme based on an inverted William Shatner mask and a kitchen knife. Not to bitch, well, ok yes to bitch, There is a ton of other themes from my misspent youth that I would rather see, if I could only remember my misspent youth...

Why is it all the themes in pinball these days have their phasers set to "Geezer"? (And minus 50 points for saying anything about "demographic with money to burn")

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's even less fresh than a movie from the 1970s

But no downvote!?! You're starting to slack off...

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

What kind of theme would you like to see?

Anything fresh and new and not so freaking retro/Dad Rock/Grandpa Rock/Rehashed franchise-centric themes would go a long way. The pins they are putting out now would have been timely back when their sources were released, but I am not so certain I want to revisit them all in a modern pinball machine. If I want to watch Halloween the movie, I'll catch it on a late night cable rerun or stream it from the net. Trying to cash in on nostalgia is one thing, but I thought R&M was a nice change of pace. Not so certain the BEST R&M pinball machine that COULD have been built was built, but grabbing the lightening in a bottle at the right time sure made them fly out the door.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Oh, come on!! And a game based on a recycled space theme that's been forced down our throats for decades beyond its best days is better?

Never said that... and I would agree, not really waiting on the next SW or ST title either. I'm a pass on Mando and I love the show. I think the big problem is that we geezers (I am almost 60) have been slotted into these huge franchises and it's as if there is only a handful of them that will be profitable if turned into a pinball title. Star Wars and Star Trek have so many sub genre themes that they just keep kicking the dead horse and scoop up the shit that falls from its ass.

Dad rock (this past week the wife said "more like grandpa rock" just to kick me in the nuts) seems like the same thing, grab a stadium rock band from the seventies and sky's the limit... I used to dream of the day a Pink Floyd pinball machine or a true The Who machine, or even a decent Led Zep pin would be built... but now, not sure I want to see any more rock band pins. GnR starts working the Gen Xers, and I wonder why a Nirvana pin has not been done yet.

As for Halloween, yes the movie is iconic, legendary, etc... etc... but pin title worthy? I guess the geezer demographic with money to burn is too juicy of a cow to not milk dry.

#142 2 years ago

And it's this "formula" that we are forced to drink if we want new pinball. I'm just not liking the "forced to drink" part.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No one's forcing you. Play the classics. However if we "force" manufacturers to build something people won't buy, then they go under and 100's lose their jobs. Stern almost died. JJP almost died. Others who attempted pinball have gone under. Even though we're in a "boom" right now, it's still a very very difficult business to successfully run. For those who are succeeding...let them do their thing.

Hold on Rare... not disagreeing. Factories DO close down when crap don't sell... But I would argue, I am being forced to drink the formula because even a heroin addict is not going to say no to a hit of the old back crawling monkey juice no matter the quality, just like I am not going to boycott a manufacturer just because the theme is a retro Blockbuster from the 70's. I'm still going to play it, just not as enthusiastically as something more fresh.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Guess you'll just have to play your fresh themed games you own like Monster Bash.

I knew someone (and would have bet money that TheLaw would be the one) to bring that up... but come on, its frickin Monster Bash, so thats weak sauce.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I get it, a new game so you want to come here and whine and kick rocks

I get it, a different opinion so you want to come in here and whine and kick rocks

It's OK; standard Pinside stuff.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from mjg417:

Off topic but Donald pleasence was amazing on Colombo as the wine company owner who kills his brother, just saying

"Just one more thing...."

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from shavenyak:

Do they make pinballs for such a short attention span generation? Not sure how that work, if you can't swipe left or right.

I believe deeproot and Pinbar(TM) have the swipe generation in mind... "swipe left for multiball, swipe right for jackpot, swipe up for more options, or just swipe for crisakes- your ass smells like it needs it..."

#170 2 years ago

CrazyLevi We aren't. You remind us constantly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spookyhalloween?tu=Bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.