48FD3420-590E-42C7-94C1-967825EFFA88 (resized).png
2E9EFED0-663D-4B40-A33E-9293880C5193 (resized).jpeg
136691BB-FE7E-432C-B45F-2C8EBABEDFBD (resized).jpeg
E5T6KhiWEAcZyBN (resized).jpeg
Untitledxxc (resized).jpg
BB1avFvQ.img (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
75C7A57D-6266-49C4-9DAB-46743C4181C4 (resized).jpeg
There are 420 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 2 years ago

Are HALLOWEEN pre-orders Sold Out? I see it for sale in the Market but not on the Spooky website.

#402 2 years ago

Still available from Spooky https://shop.spookypinball.com/pinball-machines-c4.php

It has “Sold out” in the title, but you can still add to cart, I imagine they have spots opening up as things get sorted out

Quoted from insertcoin:

Are HALLOWEEN pre-orders Sold Out? I see it for sale in the Market but not on the Spooky website.

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

This may have been answered in one of the Spooky / Halloween threads, but was there any confirmation if they attained the rights to Blue Oyster Cults “Don’t Fear the Reaper”?

That songs NEEDS to be in this game. I mean it was playing in the car! Someone find out!

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from insertcoin:

it seems some dealers might still...... get on it. GAP seems to have some.

#405 2 years ago

Pinball Star and Nitro still have some and so does Spooky (probably from finding and eliminating duplicates after the craziness of day 1).

#406 2 years ago

I hope we see a game play video soon!

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I hope we see a game play video soon!

Right!? Come on now, the suspense killing us

#408 2 years ago
CE footage.gifCE footage.gif
3 months later
#409 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Fair! Hoping to to pleasantly surpise you none the less. If it provides any comfort Bowen and Eric Pripeke will be consulting on rules as well to make sure I don't screw up too bad!

Did anyone else catch this??

86BB98EB-B2D0-4B4E-A74A-08D0F106FC7C (resized).jpeg86BB98EB-B2D0-4B4E-A74A-08D0F106FC7C (resized).jpeg
#410 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Did anyone else catch this??[quoted image]

Yea, and it's caused a bit of consternation...

#411 2 years ago

So spooky basically has nobody working for them. Are they in financial trouble? I’ve heard Scott D doesn’t work there either. Not sure if he was only a contractor but this explains the lack of code maturity. I bet lots of these pins hit the marketplace after this revelation, esp with GZ, CCR, etc on the market

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea, and it's caused a bit of consternation...

Something must have gone south right around the time the ordering banks opened.

#413 2 years ago

What's concerning is the tone of that message to me. Bowen says "no longer work with" Spooky. That implies that either he left for reasons, or was shut out for reasons. Either is concerning.

Since Spooky isn't like Stern, there's not 3-4 teams constantly working on a new pin a year out. But Spooky has implied that they are working on next pin (maybe 2) while Halloween/Ultraman is on the line. I haven't heard if Scott is working on another pin or not, but if neither Scott or Bowen are involved in future projects, then just who is designing these new pins down the line?

I've never imagined that Bowen or Scott were "working" for Spooky on a payroll, but likely more like known contractors that pop back in from time to time.

I think we're all happy for Bug/Luke/etc...al getting to design a pin. But having some mentorship from proven designers and rule-meisters means alot, just from an oversight perspective.

I think a small statement from Spooky here would calm down the small riot that may be quietly forming.

#414 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

What's concerning is the tone of that message to me. Bowen says "no longer work with" Spooky. That implies that either he left for reasons, or was shut out for reasons. Either is concerning.
Since Spooky isn't like Stern, there's not 3-4 teams constantly working on a new pin a year out. But Spooky has implied that they are working on next pin (maybe 2) while Halloween/Ultraman is on the line. I haven't heard if Scott is working on another pin or not, but if neither Scott or Bowen are involved in future projects, then just who is designing these new pins down the line?
I've never imagined that Bowen or Scott were "working" for Spooky on a payroll, but likely more like known contractors that pop back in from time to time.
I think we're all happy for Bug/Luke/etc...al getting to design a pin. But having some mentorship from proven designers and rule-meisters means alot, just from an oversight perspective.
I think a small statement from Spooky here would calm down the small riot that may be quietly forming.

SpookyLuke Can you help shed some light on this?

#415 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Are they in financial trouble?

Dude just stop. They pre-sold a couple thousand games. They've expanded their facilities twice now and just doubled their workforce. You think they are in financial trouble because Bowen isn't on the payroll? Bit of a leap, eh?

#416 2 years ago

So spooky basically has nobody working for them.

Yep. Just some dude and his kids, cranking out 1750 machines in their garage...

Jesus. You people have issues.

Or. Maybe you are thinking of Deeproot?

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Yep. Just some dude and his kids, cranking out 1750 machines in their garage...
Jesus. You people have issues.
Or. Maybe you are thinking of Deeproot?

So first off, they aren’t cranking out these machines. They are barely getting off the assembly line. Second, the post from Bowen seems pretty sincere and concerning. So do you think Spooky is a better off company without him or Scott? My concerns are fair considering what we’ve seen a from this pin which is a few animated clips and almost zero movie content syncing with the flow of the game. So tell me how Bowen’s post is of zero concern?

#418 2 years ago

My concerns are fair considering what we’ve seen a from this pin which is a few animated clips and almost zero movie content syncing with the flow of the game.

Bowen can draw and animate now?

I think some people did buy this with Bowen being on the rules as a safety blanket. Bowen does have interesting rule ideas and an encyclopedic knowledge of games to pull from (be it good ideas or why certain ideas are to be avoided). I don't know what happened between them and won't speculate, but having Bowen around surely would improve the rules/scoring in general.

Then again, I think the issues with the games aren't so much rules/scoring. It's the overall polish. It's the coordination and quality of lights, video, and audio to gameplay that is not so good. Idk how much Bowen would really help with that aspect... And the people who did that on R&M, Scott and Eric, aren't doing this game either

I think Halloween just isn't a strong license to work with. Not a lot of great material to mine from, unlike Rick and Morty. Even Alice Cooper could kinda be whatever they wanted with few preconceived notions of what it should be. I need to rewatch Halloween. There's not a lot of great movie clips for a pinball machine that I can recall, so I don't totally get what people want. Animations could certainly be more animated though.

Of course there's still plenty of time to keep working on the polish. The skeleton of the game seems mostly there from what I've seen, and it seems fine enough rules wise

#419 2 years ago

... So do you think Spooky is a better off company without him or Scott?

I dont think they are automatically worse off.

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I dont think they are automatically worse off.

But probably not better off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 420 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spookyhalloween/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.