48FD3420-590E-42C7-94C1-967825EFFA88 (resized).png
2E9EFED0-663D-4B40-A33E-9293880C5193 (resized).jpeg
136691BB-FE7E-432C-B45F-2C8EBABEDFBD (resized).jpeg
E5T6KhiWEAcZyBN (resized).jpeg
Untitledxxc (resized).jpg
BB1avFvQ.img (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
75C7A57D-6266-49C4-9DAB-46743C4181C4 (resized).jpeg

There are 408 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 3 months ago

I've never bought a spooky pin, this will be my first. If I order from a distributor, will spooky ship direct to me or to distributor? And do they charge for shipping to Washington state? Lookin forward to this one !!

#352 3 months ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I’m in the same exact boat. I don’t know if it’s worth an extra grand for the rails and topper. I also have cats so they love being on top of the machines.

Toppers made of folded old newspapers would fetch a grand. This topper would be $1500-2000 easy on the secondary market the way prices are right now.

Totally worth it.

#353 3 months ago

I love the holiday, but not into the movie.
I would buy a new TNA though.

#354 3 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

In on an Ultraman. Why not.

I like this guy's attitude.

#355 3 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've never bought a spooky pin, this will be my first. If I order from a distributor, will spooky ship direct to me or to distributor? And do they charge for shipping to Washington state? Lookin forward to this one !!

I think Pinballstar is the only Spooky distributor. Can also buy direct from Spooky. Shipping charge not included.

#356 3 months ago

I'd be in on HWN, what a beauty....but I don't buy pinball machines....I'm here just for shits and giggles.

#357 3 months ago

HWN. Yes. Official acronym

#358 3 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I think Pinballstar is the only Spooky distributor. Can also buy direct from Spooky. Shipping charge not included.

Nitro

#359 3 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Kingpin is a Spooky distributor also. Highly recommended.

#360 3 months ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Fawzma should be the one everyone is concerned with- dude took 3+ years to get close to finishing acnc

Quoted from 27dnast:

Game looks neat... no offense to spooky, but my big concern is: Rules by Bug Emory and Fawmza.
Paying $8-9k plus for a game with rules created a first timer (and Fawzma, who did a decent but not stellar job on ACNC)... doesn’t excite me too much.

I expect Bug will do an awesome job.

If you've listened to their podcasts in the past, it's clear Bug has a lot of creativity flowing--not always great content, but it's obvious he inherently has the sort of mind for thinking ahead and piecing things together, and will do so with excitement.

Fawzma has been a disappointment a few times. He seemed to go mostly radio silent after he failed to keep his apron mod promise (he was very engaged and motivated early on). Would be nice to see more passion.

#361 3 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

If you've listened to their podcasts in the past, it's clear Bug has a lot of creativity flowing--not always great content, but it's obvious he inherently has the sort of mind for thinking ahead and piecing things together, and will do so with excitement.
Fawzma has been a disappoint a few times. He seemed to go mostly radio silent after he failed to keep his apron mod promise (he was very engaged and motivated early on).
I don't like being critical, but we haven't really seen a passionate engagement with him since early RZ, and it would be nice to see more of that to feel like code is in good hands. After three (?) abandoned projects, it's hard to feel like he takes pride in it (nor has empathy for those that supported him)--he may not realize it, but this makes people think he's miserable while coding, doing it for a paycheck.
Perhaps we're spoiled with Lyman, but its certainly easier to respect when a coder really cares about how their work is perceived, and will perfect it on their own time if necessary.
I get that he's likely worked to the bone, and I do feel for that, but something like the apron mod needed to be finished, even if at a loss.

First off I would like to say that's a totally fair and honest assessment. Just remember that it's a team! Eric will be consulting on code and rules. Bowen was on FaceTime with Bug today. Bug has been sitting right next to fawzma for a month. It comes down to management! Also I would like to say Corwin was born into pinball he's been playing games from every manufacturer his whole life. There is nothing the kid cant understand and nobody takes advice, criticism, or input better than him. At the end of the day everyone on this project is a newbie but you won't find a group working harder to do well for you guys.

#362 3 months ago

New blood is exactly what we need in pinball, Bug will kill it!

#363 3 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Fawzma has been a disappoint a few times. He seemed to go mostly radio silent after he failed to keep his apron mod promise (he was very engaged and motivated early on).
I don't like being critical, but we haven't really seen a passionate engagement with him since early RZ, and it would be nice to see more of that to feel like code is in good hands. After three (?) abandoned projects, it's hard to feel like he takes pride in it (nor has empathy for those that supported him)--he may not realize it, but this makes people think he's miserable while coding, doing it for a paycheck.
Perhaps we're spoiled with Lyman, but its certainly easier to respect when a coder really cares about how their work is perceived, and will perfect it on their own time if necessary.
I get that he's likely worked to the bone, and I do feel for that, but something like the apron mod needed to be finished, even if at a loss (the games likely had good reasons to move on from)

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

First off I would like to say that's a totally fair and honest assessment. Just remember that it's a team! Eric will be consulting on code and rules. Bowen was on FaceTime with Bug today. Bug has been sitting right next to fawzma for a month. It comes down to management! Also I would like to say Corwin was born into pinball he's been playing games from every manufacturer his whole life. There is nothing the kid cant understand and nobody takes advice, criticism, or input better than him. At the end of the day everyone on this project is a newbie but you won't find a group working harder to do well for you guys.

I did reduce what I said about Fawzma before your post, as I don't like being so negative, and I do think he's plenty capable--we just want to see passion for it.

Bug/Corwin's involvement is a positive for me--he's creative, passionate, and has something to prove. Not worried at all there.

#364 3 months ago

IN BUG WE TRUST!

#365 3 months ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

New blood is exactly what we need in pinball, Bug will kill it!

New blood and fresh perspectives in the hobby are a great thing. It's good to see how Spooky has grown over the years.

I just listened to the Super Awesome Podcast and the COOL thing about all these guys is it seems they really understand a "teamwork approach", are very humble hard working dudes, and willing to listen to any ideas from their whole team to make something great. Caring, passion and unselfish attitudes are an excellent start towards great success.

I didn't know until the show however that Bug nixed "School's Out" on the Alice Cooper pin. Wtf

#366 3 months ago

I'm really excited.
More important, my wife is really excited (which doesn't happen with every new pinball release).

#367 3 months ago

Was thinking between ce or blood, think I’m going blood version. Ordering 9:00am tomorrow whoot.

#368 3 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Was thinking between ce or blood, think I’m going blood version. Ordering 9:00am tomorrow whoot.

Not tomorrow, but Wednesday.

#369 3 months ago
Quoted from spandol:

Not tomorrow, but Wednesday.

Yea Wednesday, but in 5 more minutes then tomorrow lol

#370 3 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Yea Wednesday, but in 5 more minutes then tomorrow lol

Oh, haha. I’m on the west coast and didn’t think of that.

#371 3 months ago

I wonder can we order more the one pin? If I wanted to get two HWN or one HWN and one Ultraman?

#372 3 months ago

I consider myself a huge Halloween fan. Been a member of MM.net for 14 years and have a $600 mask. This game looks off like its trying too hard? The Myers figure behind the bushes?
It also looks like it would play similar to Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper which are not good.
This sort of makes me see Gottliebe's Nightmare on elm street in a better light. Shrub multiball? Lol!

#373 3 months ago

looks a little messy to me, bit disjointed. Looking forward to gameplay to see how it all ties together to change my mind though. Sometimes the simple things in life are often the best

#374 3 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

The Myers figure behind the bushes?
. Shrub multiball? Lol!

Hedge 1 insert, Hedge 2 insert, Hedge 3 insert, house 1, house 2, house 3.....
It's seems a bit much

#375 3 months ago

Yeah and having PJ Soles call out "Totally" everytime you hit the pumpkin! Maybe the upper playfield is where you have to wash your shirt in the laundry house? If the premium comes with a phone cord to strangle yourself after playing it I'll buy it.

#376 3 months ago

Can't wait to see more upper-playfield vid..
Looks fun..

#377 3 months ago

Game play?

#378 3 months ago

I think we can safely conclude these types of Pinside polls suck at predicting anything.

#379 3 months ago

Anyone hear how sales are going?

#380 3 months ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Anyone hear how sales are going?

Pretty sure it’s completely sold out in a couple of hours - both versions. If not there’s only a few left with distributors.

#381 3 months ago

It's a great looking pin and it looks like Spooky nailed it. I'm not a big fan of the movie, so it's not a theme I'd buy. I also passed on GNR because I'm not a big fan of their music, but it was also well done by JJP...other than the playfield issues.

Congrats to those that placed orders today!

#382 3 months ago

Team Spooky did it again !

LTG : )

#383 3 months ago

inballSTAR update at 3pm -
We still have left :
Halloween SE (2)
Halloween BS (1)
Halloween CE (8)
Ultraman SE (1)
Ultraman BS (2)
Ultraman CE (9)
If you got our email blast feel free to order... If you didn't email us for it... TY to everyone and CONGRATS to Spooky ! We probably will have some spares left after all this settles out as some people ordered from both Spooky and us then asked for a refund etc... If you want a game and didn't get one - feel free to email us and we'll assist until we are sold out... : )
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

#384 3 months ago

Super stoked for Spooky that they sold out, but it was just not for me.
If I play one and fall in love I will pick one up used, they will be around before they finish making all the new ones

For those that still want one, I highly recommend Joe PinballSTAR

#385 3 months ago

Spooky just proved that if you build games right now, people will come buy them. Fantastic for Spooky, awesome for the hobby.

#386 3 months ago

Went CE. Now time to decide which 2 games need to go to pay the invoice!

#387 3 months ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Spooky just proved that if you build games right now, people will come buy them. Fantastic for Spooky, awesome for the hobby.

And not even stream game play or call outs! PJ soles and some added extra music could be a deal breaker.

#388 3 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Thank you for this answer. Now could one of guys explain why RZ code has been abandonded (and Domino's too, i believe). It can't be that difficult to give it the final code it deserves. Seems like a small price to pay for your company.

#389 3 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

And not even stream game play or call outs! PJ soles and some added extra music could be a deal breaker.

I have to say, I did not care for the one callout they showed from PJ. According to Luke in the other thread though they did get a Loomis sound alike so that is good.

I wanted to really like this game but something just isn't pulling me in that I can't put my finger on. While I like the art direction, I felt that the actual theme with the art looked too...bright and cheery. I don't care for the backglass either. Wife felt the same way (and she likes Halloween way more than me). Left it up to her to decide if we jumped on it. Neither of us were that excited about it enough to put money on it without seeing some gameplay so I guess we are out. I actually liked the look of Ultraman way better, but again, not really a dream theme. I suppose if I hadn't just got R&M, and have an Alien coming this month or next, I'd probably been a bit more interested just to get something new, but as it stands, not hurting for new stuff so no FOMO here. Hopefully the gameplay/rules will blow us away. There are way more of these out there than R&M so it won't be that hard to come by down the road.

#390 3 months ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Damn... looks like one of the kiddos is going to be paying for themselves next semester. LOL.
Video looks impressive. Can't wait to see more, especially the differences between the editions.

#391 3 months ago

In on a Halloween CE. Lets do this Spooky!

#392 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

In on a Halloween CE. Lets do this Spooky!

Me too! And hoping arrival by Halloween!!!!

#393 3 months ago

I'm in on a Halloween CE*. But when are the game play videos? Or did I miss them already?

* If I win the Project Pinball raffle.

#394 3 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I'm in on a Halloween CE*. But when are the game play videos? Or did I miss them already?

Same here, I've got the winning number! Lol
Good luck too, bro!

#395 3 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

B/W and Stern’s earlier releases never had gameplay before the sale. Small videos showing some stuff but that was it.

I miss the days of setting it up and experiencing it directly.
I liked the Spooky vid we saw. Got me to buy my CE.

#396 3 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

B/W and Stern’s earlier releases never had gameplay before the sale. Small videos showing some stuff but that was it.
I miss the days of setting it up and experiencing it directly.
I liked the Spooky vid we saw. Got me to buy my CE.

Looks like it plays well from what we have seen so far.

#397 3 months ago

This may have been answered in one of the Spooky / Halloween threads, but was there any confirmation if they attained the rights to Blue Oyster Cults “Don’t Fear the Reaper”?

#398 3 months ago
Quoted from BWT67:

This may have been answered in one of the Spooky / Halloween threads, but was there any confirmation if they attained the rights to Blue Oyster Cults “Don’t Fear the Reaper”?

Also on my list of hopes! Would be badass

#399 3 months ago

The Pinball Show Episode 67: Zach Interviews The Spooky Pinball Team + GIVEAWAY!

Host: Zach Meny
Special Guests: Charlie Emery, Corwin "Bug" Emery, & Spooky Luke aka Mr. Squirrel or Softy

- I DON'T DO INTERVIEWS!...?
- Win A Spooky Mystery Swag Box (details in episode)
- The Interworkings Of Spooky Pinball
- Halloween Pinball & Ultraman Pinball Sell Out In Hours!
- The Launch
- When We Will See These Titles Played
- Design-By-Committee
- Spooky Pinball Moments
- Ultra Who?
- TOPPERS!
- Evil Dead vs. Army Of Darkness
- Spooky's Plans For The Future...Internet Connectivity?
- Mando LE Impressions (Additional Ramp, Upper Playfield, Grogu Magnet)
- Pinball Market Trends
- TPN Last Week
- TPN This Week

*** A special thank you to the Spooky Team for joining the show, and to Dennis Kriesel, David Dennis, Joel Engelberth, Matt Morrison, Joshuah Jacobs, Erik Wurtenberger, & Brian Cosner for assistance with some of the interview questions.***

email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
instagram: @thepinballnetwork
twitter: @therealTPN
review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nrbc9-10889a8

the pinball show logo (resized).JPG
#400 3 months ago

I'm guessing Dennis does the adult thing here and goes Evil Dead II

There are 408 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside