48FD3420-590E-42C7-94C1-967825EFFA88 (resized).png
2E9EFED0-663D-4B40-A33E-9293880C5193 (resized).jpeg
136691BB-FE7E-432C-B45F-2C8EBABEDFBD (resized).jpeg
E5T6KhiWEAcZyBN (resized).jpeg
Untitledxxc (resized).jpg
BB1avFvQ.img (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
75C7A57D-6266-49C4-9DAB-46743C4181C4 (resized).jpeg

There are 420 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I get it.
I'm really curious to see who Spooky has coding this game. They'd benefit from having a more diverse team... at the min. that would give each game a different feel.

Rumor is that it is Fawzma. The last update on ACNC put the game in a really good spot, but there are still a few things I wish he had addressed. That said, Eric did an AMAZING job on R&M and updates were fast a furious with that one. There were a few squeaky wheels during "flippergate" that could have phrased their posts better which ultimately ran Eric out of the R&M thread during that mess, but Eric fixed everything and the job he did on that game is wonderful.

I am happy with Fawzma's job on ACNC, my only (minor) complaint was that his updates were few and far between, and there is zero communication with the masses with him. I guess having Eric on R&M spoiled a lot of us until the people that don't believe in PM's and love public displays of raking someone over the coals ran him off.

I have faith that the new game will end up very nice after the code gets dialed in. I still feel bad for the RZ folks, who appear to have been left high and dry. Just speaking from what I heard as I have no first hand knowledge of RZ (never played one) and don't know the code or even know who coded it. But I read some complaints about where it still currently stands.

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I guess having Eric on R&M spoiled a lot of us until the people that don't believe in PM's and love public displays of raking someone over the coals ran him off.

I love how you ppl love spreading this false narrative. He inserted himself into a conversation he wasn't involved in, and was blatantly rude, which he got over 20 downvotes for. As far as I'm concerned, I (and others) are customers, I don't care how frustrated you are, you don't insult your customers. While I don't have an issue with him per se, quit pretending it was something people in the thread started to serve your own selfish need for 'updates'. Him leaving the thread was probably best for him and Spooky at the time to prevent more escalation.

Also, yeah, I'll rake you over the coals as well, because forums are for discussion, not hiding in PM's. If you are going to create your own narrative, you're going to get called out on it.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I love how you ppl love spreading this false narrative. He inserted himself into a conversation he wasn't involved in, and was blatantly rude, which he got over 20 downvotes for. As far as I'm concerned, I (and others) are customers, I don't care how frustrated you are, you don't insult your customers. While I don't have an issue with him per se, quit pretending it was something people in the thread started to serve your own selfish need for 'updates'. Him leaving the thread was probably best for him and Spooky at the time to prevent more escalation.
Also, yeah, I'll rake you over the coals as well, because forums are for discussion, not hiding in PM's.

Wow, well I didn't name anyone and your name never even popped into my head (I was actually thinking of someone else). But I guess you are defensive for some reason?? Either way, I read the same posts that you obviously did, we can agree to disagree. If you were involved in the "discussion" at the time, then I can see why you see it from one side over the other. Personally, I read them all and base my opinion on the matter on how I viewed it. To each their own.

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Wow, well I didn't name anyone and your name never even popped into my head (I was actually thinking of someone else). But I guess you are defensive for some reason?? Either way, I read the same posts that you obviously did, we can agree to disagree. If you were involved in the "discussion" at the time, then I can see why you see it from one side over the other. Personally, I read them all and base my opinion on the matter on how I viewed it. To each their own.

You don't need to name anyone. It was my discussion, so I know what happened, and that your interpretation of what transpired is false. It's not about being defensive, it's about setting the record straight.

#205 2 years ago

Can you link this thread so I knowm what is going on here? Sounds interesting.

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can you link this thread so I knowm what is going on here? Sounds interesting.

It's not that interesting. Judgement calls wrong on all sides. Shit happens, and you either move past it or you don't. Just annoying people keep acting like it was one sided.

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You don't need to name anyone. It was my discussion, so I know what happened, and that your interpretation of what transpired is false.

Again, agree to disagree... and it wasn't "your" discussion I was referring to. As I said, there is another user specifically in my mind that I am referring to (who will remain unnamed publicly) who comes across very pompous and all-knowing and specifically was very involved with him (and others) regarding several topics.

So you can say what I am saying is false but you are wrong. Obviously I am talking about something slightly different than you are. I stand by my comments and your attack just helps to show how it all went down.

Either way, my post here was talking about Fawsma being on code and a comparison of his style vs. Eric's.

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Again, agree to disagree... and it wasn't "your" discussion I was referring to. As I said, there is another user specifically in my mind that I am referring to (who will remain unnamed publicly) who comes across very pompous and all-knowing and specifically was very involved with him (and others) regarding several topics.
So you can say what I am saying is false but you are wrong. Obviously I am talking about something slightly different than you are. I stand by my comments and your attack just helps to show how it all went down.
Either way, my post here was talking about Fawsma being on code and a comparison of his style vs. Eric's.

I know what you are referring to, but that wasn't when it happened. Anyway apologies for jumping on you, it's just come up multiple times in the last few days.

As for Eric and his coding of R&M, completely agree. He knocked it out of the park. I haven't played enough ACNC to say much about it.

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Man what have I been doing playing thousand of games on this unplayable game I have!

did you not have to alter your game upon receipt? I hope the problem of the modifications only occurred on a select few games, but based on the publicity of the issues which I explained in my post, it seemed pretty pervasive and regular to have buyers do significant modification/alteration prior to being able to play it as designed.

I'm happy to hear your game is issue-free; we all want that on every game by every company! Lord knows we pay enough money for the games to deserve the experience and joy without obstructions!

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Almost 400 votes and it shows 68% out. That's Spooky.

I'd vote, but I have to see the game first to know!

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

did you not have to alter your game upon receipt? I hope the problem of the modifications only occurred on a select few games, but based on the publicity of the issues which I explained in my post, it seemed pretty pervasive and regular to have buyers do significant modification/alteration prior to being able to play it as designed.
I'm happy to hear your game is issue-free; we all want that on every game by every company! Lord knows we pay enough money for the games to deserve the experience and joy without obstructions!

I have never had a NIB game that has been issue free. I have no problems making adjustments if needed and I have never expected perfect out of the box. Some games need adjustments more than others. I’d say R&M needed more than most I’ve owned. Stranger Things is one I had to do a bunch of adjustments to as well.

I chalk it up to some people being solely NIB or new used game buyers. If you started in the hobby fixing games, these adjustments to NIB don’t seem that big of a deal. If all you do is buy NIB or new used games, then perhaps you have a different expectation of what pinball ownership/maintenance is.

This is just my opinion.

#212 2 years ago

Am I the only pinhead who thinks that Spooky doesn’t want my money...........There is something slightly off with this company. Please Spooky, I want to give you my money!

- America’s Most haunted....WTF?? Golden Girls would have made more sense
- Rob Zombie - Huge fan and what a waste of an amazing theme on a crap layout
- Alice Cooper - Super fan, but the pin lacks his real music and another brick fest of a layout
- TNA (Not a Spooky game)
- Rick and Morty - Sold out before I could watch an episode
- Halloween - Massive horror fan, but if I am to be honest, Halloween has always bored me

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Am I the only pinhead who thinks that Spooky doesn’t want my money...........There is something slightly off with this company. Please Spooky, I want to give you my money!
- Alice Cooper - Super fan, but the pin lacks his real music and another brick fest of a layout
- Halloween - Massive horror fan, but if I am to be honest, Halloween has always bored me

They ain't hurting without your cash. Every title has sold out.

#214 2 years ago

Am I the only pinhead who thinks that Spooky doesn’t want my money.

I'm sorry they haven't made a title that appeals to you. Yet.

They try harder. More so than most companies.

LTG : )

#215 2 years ago

It sounds like if you’re a fan of the theme you’re way too critical. I’m a huge horror fan as well, and don’t agree Halloween is boring, but it’s certainly not my top one or two choices but still iconic and spooky will fucking crush it on music I believe.

That alone is worth it for me, and down the road they decide to sell F13 or Nightmare I’ll buy that and sell Halloween.

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:Am I the only pinhead who thinks that Spooky doesn’t want my money...........There is something slightly off with this company. Please Spooky, I want to give you my money!

Seems like Charlie has always just made games for himself. Could Bug’s increased role skew titles younger or to more mainstream licensed games?

I got a Fang club membership just in case... but I’m probably out. Mostly because bills. But also because it’s not TNA 2.0, BTTF, or Fifth Element. I am super excited to see it though... who knows?

#217 2 years ago

How can one claim to be an Alice Cooper "super fan" and suggest the music in the pin isn't his "real music?" It's not my ideal list at all, but most of it is great for the game (I was pleasantly surprised that Brutal Planet made it in [BP/DT are a couple of my favorite Alice albums--up there with Killer for me]).

ACNC does have the problem with the dead posts...eventually learning the shots takes some of that away, but a few bricks in a row with no switch interaction is disheartening and pulls away the immersion. Otherwise, it's a cool layout IMO, particularly the upper playfield design.

AMH - I don't understand all the negative feedback it gets Compared to the average game, there's so much more thought and interaction that went into the mechs and code in AMH that I'm surprised it gets panned. The mode with the doctor ghost holding the door, with hits showing the ghost push back on the DMD, while the door partially gives and comes back, all while the ghost minion is "watching" and you have to distract it to look away, yadda yadda yadda....brilliant IMO .

RZ - I actually think the layout and crazy sling/pop action is what makes it awesome and stand out in a collection (on top of some of the best dots and callouts in pinball). I'm content with what it became, but my frustration with RZ was code essentially being abandoned (as well as the apron mod). I believe Dominos may have also been abandoned.

It will be interesting to see how they tackle Halloween. It doesn't immediately seem to fit pinball as well as many other horror or campy horror themes would, but it sounds like they found a way to make it work.

#218 2 years ago

I love my Rob Zombie pin. Great game for the small boutique company it was at the time. Its bolted to the floor in my collection..... Best callout ever.... "you pinball guys need to get a life" ACNC is coming to me soon. Love me some Spooky.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

How can one claim to be an Alice Cooper "super fan" and suggest the music in the pin isn't his "real music?" It's not my ideal list at all, but most of it is great for the game (I was pleasantly surprised that Brutal Planet made it in [BP/DT are a couple of my favorite Alice albums--up there with Killer for me]).
ACNC does have the problem with the dead posts...eventually learning the shots takes some of that away, but a few bricks in a row with no switch interaction is disheartening and pulls away the immersion. Otherwise, it's a cool layout IMO, particularly the upper playfield design.
AMH - I don't understand all the negative feedback it gets Compared to the average game, there's so much more thought and interaction that went into the mechs and code in AMH that I'm surprised it gets panned. The mode with the doctor ghost holding the door, with hits showing the ghost push back on the DMD, while the door partially gives and comes back, all while the ghost minion is "watching" and you have to distract it to look away, yadda yadda yadda....brilliant IMO .
RZ - I actually think the layout and crazy sling/pop action is what makes it awesome and stand out in a collection (on top of some of the best dots and callouts in pinball). I'm content with what it became, but my frustration with RZ was code essentially being abandoned (as well as the apron mod). I believe Dominos may have also been abandoned.
It will be interesting to see how they tackle Halloween. It doesn't immediately seem to fit pinball as well as many other horror or campy horror themes would, but it sounds like they found a way to make it work.

My biggest issue with ACNC the short time I played it was the AC callouts. lol. Just flat and took you out of the game as there was no acting in them at all, and this guy is a character actor on stage.

As for Halloween, while I agree with some that it's a theme I wouldn't have chosen, as long as they had ideas for how to implement it going in it should be fine. I mean technically you could have reskinned Alien and it would have worked as Halloween as they are technically the same thing, just more exotic locations (Of course, the Aliens part is "more"). I'm holding out to see what they've done.

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My biggest issue with ACNC the short time I played it was the AC callouts. lol. Just flat and took you out of the game as there was no acting in them at all, and this guy is a character actor on stage.

Indeed. I'm sure we all envisioned his signature, gritty shouts to surface, and they should have at times IMO. I'll just have to trust the sedated narration approach is what they were going for...

I mean, it must not have been too bad, as Stern/"Hopper" chose to copy the callout style for Stranger Things

Untitledxxc (resized).jpgUntitledxxc (resized).jpg
#221 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree with you Frankie, I think maybe some of these "outs" is some kind of a head fake. LOL
Bryan Kelly says its their best layout thus far and the theme is solid so i'm thinking it will surprise people to the positive.

No offence Ice, but that old bastard doesn't see so well anymore.

#222 2 years ago

Also, doesn't he work there? Why would he say...'nah, I've seen better'. It's no different than James Cameron saying Covenant was great!

#223 2 years ago

I'm glad I don't base my pin purchases on the opinions of others. I'd have missed out on some great games.

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm glad I don't base my pin purchases on the opinions of others. I'd have missed out on some great games.

How do you like Oktoberfest? I know many rag on it.

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I kind of do, but opposite. If Pinside bags on a game I get super interested. Some of my favorite games were torched on these boards.

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

It's good. I've only had it for a couple weeks but really enjoying it. Had a couple friends over last night and we played it for a few hours. Everyone dug it.

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I don't think it's a matter of basing on others opinions, it's about do you feel like dropping 8-10k on something without seeing/playing it in person first. I wouldn't do that with a car, or a house, or even a couch, or any other hobby I have (music gear, motorcycles). The only thing that it really happens in is video games...but they don't cost 8 grand.

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I love my Rob Zombie pin. Great game for the small boutique company it was at the time. Its bolted to the floor in my collection..... Best callout ever.... "you pinball guys need to get a life" ACNC is coming to me soon. Love me some Spooky.

Yeah. I love hearing “ADD A BALL NICE… (something something) TWICE” all night in a league night.

Having said that, I love playing AMH and TNA and wish Spooky the best. Just as a RZ fan, that pin didn’t meet my personal expectations. Glad you like it.

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Though not directed to me, it went from “why was this game made?” when I saw it to “I can’t stop putting quarters in it” for me. Fantastic layout and the theme grew on me real quick upon plunge.

#230 2 years ago

Wish I would have put a deposit down for ACNC instead of waiting for the reveal. My wife is a big fan of Alice.

#231 2 years ago

I have not found or played a Spooky pin yet that draws me in. Love Rob Zombie music and Alice Cooper music and seen both live quite a few times but pins bore me. Played all of the above except Rick n Morty. I think AMH was very different layout and maybe stands out more. It’s kind of like JJP games trying to find the flow and only have the great look feel of a game. But against you as love Helloween and hopes this works.

#232 2 years ago
E5T6KhiWEAcZyBN (resized).jpegE5T6KhiWEAcZyBN (resized).jpeg
#233 2 years ago

Not something I need staring at me on the reg.

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not something I need staring at me on the reg.

New product. Pin curtain.

Boom... $$$$

#235 2 years ago

Took me a couple looks to tell that's a giant pumpkin in the background.

If there are no original clips from the movie aside from Michael Myers that's a big fail.
It's gotta have JLC running around and screaming, and P.J. Soles' classic "See anything you like?" bit (in 'adult' setting).

I'm happy for all the people who like and buy Spooky games, but for me aside from TNA they've all looked like 2/3rds of a finished game.

#236 2 years ago

There is something slightly off with this company

Quoted from miracleman:

Took me a couple looks to tell that's a giant pumpkin in the background.
If there are no original clips from the movie aside from Michael Myers that's a big fail.
It's gotta have JLC running around and screaming, and P.J. Soles' classic "See anything you like?" bit (in 'adult' setting).
I'm happy for all the people who like and buy Spooky games, but for me aside from TNA they've all looked like 2/3rds of a finished game.

Why do you think there’s no original clips?

2/3 of a finished game?? In what sense?

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:Took me a couple looks to tell that's a giant pumpkin in the background.

Thanks for your feedback. It is very valued.

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Though not directed to me, it went from “why was this game made?” when I saw it to “I can’t stop putting quarters in it” for me. Fantastic layout and the theme grew on me real quick upon plunge.

I floated the idea of buying one, but would need time trying it first.

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why do you think there’s no original clips?
2/3 of a finished game?? In what sense?

If they just use clips of Michael with the mask they might not have to pay for any of the other actors usage. (ie No Sigourney in Aliens pin)

2/3rds in the sense of sparse/simpler playfields. But that's just MY take, and we all look at all the pins from history differently.

#240 2 years ago

Ok

136691BB-FE7E-432C-B45F-2C8EBABEDFBD (resized).jpeg136691BB-FE7E-432C-B45F-2C8EBABEDFBD (resized).jpeg
#241 2 years ago

I think Jason or leather face are more deserving titles to be made.

#242 2 years ago

In for now as the original Halloween will forever be my favorite horror film. Can’t wait to see the reveal - Deposit ready if it looks good.

#243 2 years ago

Spooky, second title, please, EVIL DEAD!!!!!!!!!!

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

It won’t be. Second title supposed to be family friendly.

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

License was supposedly too expensive.

#246 2 years ago

F13th or Nightmare would be fun

#247 2 years ago

Any ETA on these? I waited 18 months for my ACNC. Was too long to wait.

#248 2 years ago

America’s Most haunted....WTF?? Golden Girls would have made more sense

This is straight up BS. They released an original theme pin when everyone was BEGGING for original themes. You can see about how well that went, because they haven't done another one since, and anyone else that has....has been panned for it, aside from Multimorphic...but I hardly consider their product a direct competitor to typical pinball. Their games just play SO differently.

When AMH is tuned up and plays well, the game is fun. The theme is the LEAST of the problems, and they did a good job with the humor in the game, IMO. It's certainly no worse than any of the 90's era W/B games that are literally just "Shoot each shot 3 times" in the rules department, and that includes things like AFM.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'm content with what it became, but my frustration with RZ was code essentially being abandoned (as well as the apron mod). I believe Dominos may have also been abandoned.

I can not second this enough. I like Spooky and am most likely in on a CE Halloween, but how they have treated RZ is inexcusable. They also continue to completely ignore the issue. For a company that gets praised so much for interacting with it's costumers, this is extremely disappointing. Can't say i'm thrilled with Fawzma being on the code after how he abandoned RZ and his apron mod. SpookyCharlie FawzmaGames

#250 2 years ago

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
There are 420 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spookyhalloween/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.