48FD3420-590E-42C7-94C1-967825EFFA88 (resized).png
2E9EFED0-663D-4B40-A33E-9293880C5193 (resized).jpeg
136691BB-FE7E-432C-B45F-2C8EBABEDFBD (resized).jpeg
E5T6KhiWEAcZyBN (resized).jpeg
Untitledxxc (resized).jpg
BB1avFvQ.img (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
75C7A57D-6266-49C4-9DAB-46743C4181C4 (resized).jpeg

There are 420 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You're a competitive player?

To be fair, I am a competitive player too. It is a broad term. For example, when my wife and I play strip pinball, I compete very hard ( ) and always win.

Sometimes I forget to clean the boob smudges off the glass and our company asks 'What happened there?'"

"Well, you can't spell competitive without "tit".

We don't have company much anymore...

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Guess you'll just have to play your fresh themed games you own like Monster Bash.

I knew someone (and would have bet money that TheLaw would be the one) to bring that up... but come on, its frickin Monster Bash, so thats weak sauce.

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I knew someone (and would have bet money that TheLaw would be the one)...

Yup I'm known for sniffing out bullshit

I get it, a new game so you want to come here and whine and kick rocks even though you probably don't buy new games. It's OK; standard Pinside stuff.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I get it, a new game so you want to come here and whine and kick rocks

I get it, a different opinion so you want to come in here and whine and kick rocks

It's OK; standard Pinside stuff.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm down with the theme I don't see this as much of a Grandpa theme as it is just they picked the movie that kinda started the slasher genre. At least for me it did, I think a slasher movie theme is awesome, this film was a great choice but I would be equally down with any non teen slasher movie.

The Halloween movie that came out in 2018 made more money than any other Halloween movie. The next one is coming out in October. The last of the new trilogy comes out next year. There's still huge interest in this property. Ignore the whining. If it wasn't for that, the generations after X wouldn't know what to do.

#156 2 years ago

Uff...I think theme #2 is going to make you like Halloween a lot more

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Anything fresh and new and not so freaking retro/Dad Rock/Grandpa Rock/Rehashed

Do they make pinballs for such a short attention span generation? Not sure how that work, if you can't swipe left or right.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from shavenyak:

The Halloween movie that came out in 2018 made more money than any other Halloween movie.

And cost more to make too.

The original was shot for $100K

LTG : )

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from shavenyak:

Do they make pinballs for such a short attention span generation? Not sure how that work, if you can't swipe left or right.

R&M. lol.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You're a competitive player? Funny you have never mentioned that...ever.
Hey guess what's great about playing at home? You can play all day long, in your underwear, or late at night when everyone is asleep. I play my games all the time because they are literally right next to me. I've worked from home for the last 15 months. 100 plays a month...that's 25 per week. You think playing 4 times a day is outrageous? Maybe you are just so great at competitive pinball you don't have to practice!

Uh...

I rarely ever practice. I used to study tournament videos and practice more, but since I quit chasing e-dick-points (AKA IFPA Rating), and stopped giving myself a coronary over every screwup and loss...no...I don't practice anymore. I'm just participating for the social aspect, and even when they restart reporting the rankings, I could not possibly care less if they report mine or not.

You could have explained without being an asshole. Just saying. I didn't really take everyone being stuck at home into account, and when you break it down, it seems a lot more sane...but still...playing the same game 4 times a day, EVERY DAY, for a year straight just sounds like a nightmare to me. Also...1200 isn't "thousands" which was kind of my point....

Quoted from Frax:Always gotta wonder about the hyperbole when it comes to things like this.

I was just joking around, hence the sarcasm tag, but you didn't ACTUALLY play thousands of games...at least not on that one specific game. 1200's still a lot in a year to me. You must really love the hell out of that game.... I wasn't even able to play that much on Tron or Metallica, both of which I'd had the wizard modes multiple times, and Tron I even owned TWICE. =\

#161 2 years ago

My original quote

Man what have I been doing playing thousand of games on this unplayable game I have!

I guess that should have been Man what have I been doing playing a thousand games on this unplayable game I have!

I do love the game. Kicks my ass I keep playing.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff...I think theme #2 is going to make you like Halloween a lot more

Maybe

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:My original quote

I guess that should have been Man what have I been doing playing a thousand games on this unplayable game I have!
I do love the game. Kicks my ass I keep playing.

lol, I get ya. Hopefully I'll get to play one at TPF this next year. I don't know anyone locally that has one...or at least not anyone that's likely to let me into their house.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Zero connection to the theme at all for me, and others with whom I've discussed. Even if the PF is packed, I'm not getting a slasher pin in a house with kids. More power to you if this is a dream theme, congrats even

Not a "dream theme" for me, but also there have been pretty much *zero* quality horror pins produced. BSD is a good game but more a depressing theme, Elm Street is Premier nonsense (shoot the flashing light!). I play my AIQ and as good as it shoots, the theme is kid's cartoon crap. Looking forward to something DIFFERENT here.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And cost more to make too.
The original was shot for $100K
LTG : )

$325,000

#166 2 years ago

Off topic but Donald pleasence was amazing on Colombo as the wine company owner who kills his brother, just saying

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from mjg417:

Off topic but Donald pleasence was amazing on Colombo as the wine company owner who kills his brother, just saying

"Just one more thing...."

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from shavenyak:

I believe deeproot and Pinbar(TM) have the swipe generation in mind... "swipe left for multiball, swipe right for jackpot, swipe up for more options, or just swipe for crisakes- your ass smells like it needs it..."

#169 2 years ago

And people say pinsiders aren’t side splittingly hilarious!

#170 2 years ago

CrazyLevi We aren't. You remind us constantly.

#171 2 years ago

Holy shit just looked up what the actors got paid. JLC and MM would literally have to combine their salaries to afford a CE, and that wouldn't cover taxes or shipping!

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Holy shit just looked up what the actors got paid. JLC and MM would literally have to combine their salaries to afford a CE, and that wouldn't cover taxes or shipping!

It did basically make Jamie Lee career, she became the Scream Queen and never looked back. It's crazy how she started there but also does such great comedy. Now I want a True Lies pin.

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Hold on Rare... not disagreeing. Factories DO close down when crap don't sell... But I would argue, I am being forced to drink the formula because even a heroin addict is not going to say no to a hit of the old back crawling monkey juice no matter the quality, just like I am not going to boycott a manufacturer just because the theme is a retro Blockbuster from the 70's. I'm still going to play it, just not as enthusiastically as something more fresh.

I hear ya...and I generally don't like the new stuff that much...but we're incredibly fortunate that new pinball still even exists. It really should have died when B/W closed up. It's crazy that not only is Stern alive and thriving but all the newbs we have as well. How is a giant heavy expensive coin-op gaming device still being made when by most accounts should be extinct? Props to those who figured out how to keep it going...I'm not gonna tell them how to do their jobs. Sure, I can still critique games if I feel they deserve it...but I can't knock the business logic - it works.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's been my issue with them all along. AMH was *great* but I couldn't afford one at the time...then they just started going off into a bunch of weird old man stuff that I couldn't care less about.... Rob Zombie...Alice Cooper? C'mon. Rick and Morty was a theme ripe to be done, and something that appeals to me, but I didn't see anything on that game to justify the prices, but I also didn't look that hard after the prior two.
Now we're back to a geezer theme that originates before I was even born, and I'm 40.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"812dbc3528f2089a91718bb988e69c6fdf59b420-1625089902-1800"};
//]]>

Granted, I still expect Halloween to have wider appeal than RZ or ACNC.

How is Rob zombie geezer theme? I'm the same age as you and all his big hits came when I was in college. Does they mean you are a self hating geezer?

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

"Just one more thing...."

vid no wurky

#176 2 years ago

vid is blocked.

#177 2 years ago

119 IN 245 OUT so far I am shocked on the outs.

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

119 IN 245 OUT so far I am shocked on the outs.

I haven't voted yet cuz I'm waiting to see more...but if you just want my vote on theme alone? OUT.

#179 2 years ago

plays ok for me

#180 2 years ago

"This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds..."

Finally proof that Florida is it's own country!

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I haven't voted yet cuz I'm waiting to see more...but if you just want my vote on theme alone? OUT.

If you did vote (up to you) I believe you can go back and change the vote later if needed either way.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

so far I am shocked on the outs.

Why? I’m not really surprised at all since most agree there were better options for pinball. I’m still excited to see it and play it, but definitely not a horror theme I’m into. It’s also a little silly to ask people who’s in or out when it hasn’t even been revealed.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Does they mean you are a self hating geezer?

I have no more contempt for anyone than myself. That should be obvious....I'm still here.

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why? I’m not really surprised at all since most agree there were better options for pinball. I’m still excited to see it and play it, but definitely not a horror theme I’m into. It’s also a little silly to ask people who’s in or out when it hasn’t even been revealed.

Just a lot more outs then expected.

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Haha. I was wondering why you didn’t expect so many.

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I agree with you Frankie, I think maybe some of these "outs" is some kind of a head fake. LOL

Bryan Kelly says its their best layout thus far and the theme is solid so i'm thinking it will surprise people to the positive.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Big fan of the series, even the Silver Shamrock flick. Wanna see the pin first though!

halloween 3 season of the witch, yes!!!

#188 2 years ago

Scooby is looking for Rafnee rehe he he

#189 2 years ago

I’m in just because I want a better quality game than what Stern puts out.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I’m in just because I want a better quality game than what Stern puts out.

You might get better physical quality... but you're not going to get better code. Tough trade off.

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You might get better physical quality... but you're not going to get better code. Tough trade off.

I am specifically looking for build quality.

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I am specifically looking for build quality.

I get it.

ACNC, I thought, had amazing build quality. The game's presentation, tho, lacked equal polish. Just my opinion, of course. My one concern about another spooky title is a game that looks great but lacks polish and cohesive presentation elements in the code the department. My experience says that physical attributes will carry the experience in the beginning, but ultimately code and presentation dictate whether a game stays...

I'm really curious to see who Spooky has coding this game. They'd benefit from having a more diverse team... at the min. that would give each game a different feel.

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You haven't played R&M eh? Blows most Sterns away. And...when I say that, I don't mean it lightly. Spooky is improving their game by bounds each release. And they do have different people coding games...

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You haven't played R&M eh? Blows most Sterns away. And...when I say that, I don't mean it lightly. Spooky is improving their game by bounds each release. And they do have different people coding games...

I have, but early code. Perhaps software is good, but the theme and layout didn’t do it for me. Glad that others are loving it, tho!

#195 2 years ago

Almost 400 votes and it shows 68% out. That's Spooky.

#196 2 years ago

I would take a Spooky Jaws any day..

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I would take a Spooky Jaws any day..

A given....hurry up mode...duuuu duuuu..........duuuuu duuuuu..........duu duu......duu duu.....du du.du.du.du

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

A given....hurry up mode...duuuu duuuu..........duuuuu duuuuu..........duu duu......duu duu.....du du.du.du.du

Killer

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Now I want a True Lies pin.

I just want a True Lies Blu-Ray!

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm really curious to see who Spooky has coding this game.

It's Fawzma.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 420 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spookyhalloween/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.