(Topic ID: 143659)

SPOOKY zaccaria in the house (now with UP converter install instructions)

By CaptainNeo

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lights_on_no_flash_2.jpg
lights_on_with_no_flash.jpg
phase_7.jpg
phase_6.jpg
phase_5.jpg
phase_3.jpg
phase_4.jpg
phase_2.jpg
phase_1.jpg
power_converter.jpg
spooky_020.jpg
spooky_017.jpg
spooky_016.jpg
spooky_014.jpg
spooky_006.jpg
spooky_005.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

that's the exact same voltage converter i got on ebay for $30, for the Zac Stars Phoenix.

#52 8 years ago

OK, so I figured out an easy and clean way to mount a power converter for games that do not have the ability to down step the voltage. this was a nice clean way, to be able to use the original power switch. Keep it mounted in the game and look nice.

phase_1.jpgphase_1.jpg
phase_2.jpgphase_2.jpg
This is the plug you are going to attach to the wires that go from the switch to the transformer.
After you remove the euro plug, just install a US plug here.
phase_3.jpgphase_3.jpg
Install the Euro plug you took off here.

phase_4.jpgphase_4.jpg

phase_5.jpgphase_5.jpg
This is the power cord from the Converter. Cut the Plug off the end and strip the wires to look like this, SO it can be soldered to the switch, where you unsoldered the transformer wires.
phase_6.jpgphase_6.jpg
phase_7.jpgphase_7.jpg

#53 8 years ago

oh, and here are some pics of the game on. Game was already clean, but I wanted to put the colored titan rubber on to give it a try. Plus I had to tweek some other things that were not quite right. Brackets missing a screw here and there. More support for the ramp system. Things like that.

lights_on_with_no_flash.jpglights_on_with_no_flash.jpg

lights_on_no_flash_2.jpglights_on_no_flash_2.jpg

#54 8 years ago

I avoid doing it the way you show because it makes the power converter hardwired into the system. the way i documented you can remove the power converter, plug a different one in (without any wiring changes), or replace it (i don't know how well these last.) also if the game goes back to Europe you just take it out, and plug the two plugs together, and you're good to go in a 220/240 volt environment.

#55 8 years ago

OMG i do love how zaccs look, and even a horror theme they made it appealing and coloured.
very jealous of your collection , this is gonna be one helluva lineup when ya got'em all

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I avoid doing it the way you show because it makes the power converter hardwired into the system. the way i documented you can remove the power converter, plug a different one in (without any wiring changes), or replace it (i don't know how well these last.) also if the game goes back to Europe you just take it out, and plug the two plugs together, and you're good to go in a 220/240 volt environment.

I know, I did it this way because it's nice and neat looking. and I like being able to use the original power switch. Plus this game isn't going back to europe or anywhere else anytime soon. Unless stupid cash comes flying this way.

#57 8 years ago

I would love to play this some time. I have only seen it played on youtube...

Any plans of sharing this at a some pinball show in the future? It's been on my want list for 3 years. I think I am holding out for a 1981 Iron Maiden though...

#58 8 years ago

You can play almost all the generation2 Zaccarias at the Ann Arbor pinball show. And we also have an iron maiden too.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

You can play almost all the generation2 Zaccarias at the Ann Arbor pinball show. And we also have an iron maiden too.

Lucky 7 > Iron Maiden

#60 8 years ago

Of course he means the genco lucky seven, not Williams.

#61 8 years ago

Man what an awesome looking game

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I would love to play this some time. I have only seen it played on youtube...
Any plans of sharing this at a some pinball show in the future? It's been on my want list for 3 years. I think I am holding out for a 1981 Iron Maiden though...

Might be making an appearance at the midwest gaming classic this year. I'll have to see which game i'm bringing this year. I might have an idea for something else for MGC this year.

#63 8 years ago

videovideovideooooooo

great score! amazing.

#64 8 years ago

ill get video soon. wanted to get it put where its going. leveled and tweeked to play the way it should. flippers dialed in and shots lined like they should. trying to get the memory cap working. for some reason. the volts disappear once the cap is installed in the socket

#65 8 years ago

here it is. Video of the gameplay. Tho my game playing ability is very short and terrible. I tried my best to show the overall rules.

#66 8 years ago

Wow that was very cool, thanks for making the video of spooky!
One thing you didn't mention. What makes the owl blink his eyes in the back Glass?

#67 8 years ago

that's because I suck so bad, I only got him to do it once. When I got to level 3 on the orange special, then it had a voice clip and the owl went ape shit. Probably does something for the red special, but i'm not gifted enough to get it yet. I was 2 shots away once.......once.

#68 8 years ago

holy crap is that red special hard to get. Almost got it once. It's probably how I have the game setup, but it's better to have it not to easy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-zaccaria-in-the-house-finally-after-5-years/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.