IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #370 Offer to assist Spooky solve order issues from someone with skill. Posted by TechnicalSteam (2 years ago)

Post #743 Spooky podcast interview July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #1315 Math on build dates. Posted by Morinack (2 years ago)

Post #1527 Link to Franchi podcast Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #1868 Still a few CEs available with distributors. Posted by KingPinGames (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider var1abl3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#289 2 years ago

I am definitely in for a Blood Suckers Edition, will look great next to R&M.

#314 2 years ago

Yep, secured my BSE Ultraman via Chris at Kingpin! Now the celebration and wait begins

#332 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Spooky's site already crashing. lol

Call a distributer, you get extra Customer Service, get locked in on a game, no stress of the slow shop page and you get to support Spooke and a Distro.

I secured my UM BSE and moved on with my day already .

#340 2 years ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

Hopefully Kingpin has an Ultraman for me.

Email Chris over there. I had a feeling the shop would crash so I just made arrangements through Kingpin and am sipping coffee, watching the new Loki and comfortable in the knowledge that my UM BSE is in the queue.

#357 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

At least 2 heading to CO

Make that at least 3, got a Ultraman BSE ordered through Kingpin!!!

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Post a CE
BS
Or Se to rep your edition on order.

BS

#501 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Love the BS trim!

That trim is AMAZING! Plus I wanted my BS to match my R&M BS edition.

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I wouldn't mind they swapped the CE and BSE trim colors. I hope fanboys file a petition.

I would minded I ordered the BSE partly because of the amazing trim.

#694 2 years ago

I looked around online and didn't have a lot of luck until I realized you need to look for "The Trials of Ultraman #4: Mystery Variant". Sometimes they show the BG image on the ads but more often than not it just says "mystery variant" and doesn't have an image. I was able to snag a copy on Ebay for $9 including shipping.

I think the comic book people have gotten wind of us looking for this issue, there aren't a lot left at face value. Here is one I could find: ebay.com link: itm

#698 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What if the game just displayed random Ultraman episodes as an attract?

Like how GNR let's your play music videos and songs in attract? That would be amazing, I've been really enjoying the old Ultraman episodes lately.

#744 2 years ago

I picked up Ultraman's ship over the weekend. Lots of glue and water decals later I've got a ship for my BSE playfield when it shows up.

20210712_114940.jpg20210712_114940.jpg
20210712_114822.jpg20210712_114822.jpg
20210712_114803.jpg20210712_114803.jpg

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

How did you do it?

Just ordered the Bandai kit from the local hobby shop. They have a BUNCH of really cool sculpts for Ultraman. You can get his car, most of the monsters and figures of the various versions of UM himself. Since the UM topper didn't "stab" like the HWN one, plus the MUCH nicer powder coat on the BSE convinced me to go that route. I am also big on making my OWN toppers, like a diarama or something, for my games. I am working on one for my Goldeneye with a bunch of models I bought, made one for my Meteor with a bunch of ICBM models and fire LEDs. Have an idea for Breakshot but still need some ideas for Xenon besides just going with the hologram topper.

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm going to bet that the process was similar to this

Yes, you need a few items to put it together. You need nice long tweezers to deal with the decals, model glue to keep the pieces together and some very fine grit sandpaper to remove excess plastic tabs etc. I didn't do the decals on the bottom since you won't see the bottom. For this kit I did not need paint, but I have a huge supply from past projects. Models are fun for those of us that like small finicky details, for the rest of you there are "die cast" versions available that have no assembly required.

Here is a link to the kit on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017JT76TC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

1 week later
#975 2 years ago

Matt Frank, the artist behind the new UM pinball game and the cover of "The Trials of Ultraman #4" is doing an AMA on Reddit (r/ultraman) this Friday (23rd).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ultraman/comments/on9t2a/matt_frank_will_do_an_ama_this_friday_here_on/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

#993 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I wish I'd liked the CE trim more...I probably would've found an excuse to get it earlier...though "earlier" is pretty damn relative when it feels like BSE and Standard model games are going to take up the last 2 months of production for this game and that's it.

For me it was really that blue trim on the CE, I am not into that at all, especially when the BSE comes with that beautiful hologram powder coat. I have the "toy" they added to the CE, so don't need that. Finally, the topper was not appealing either, it seems like the same as R&M, I would rather build something with models etc.

I have resigned myself to not getting my BSE UM for at LEAST a year. Would I like it sooner? Hell yes! But, IMHO it is worth the wait for the model I WANT. Fortunately a good friend will have a HWN very soon so I can play the table in the interim.

#1003 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiball33:

Got this comic book.

Really, Ultraman is a black hole of merch, it would be really easy to go broke buying all the cool stuff. With that said I ordered that issue to display as well as some others in the "Trials of Ultraman" series, but before you frame it up make sure you read it, it is a good comic too (and I am not a "comic book" guy).

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Play a R&M with older code and/or with the taller flipper bushings and you might change your mind

Our Rick and Morty had major issues with the last software iteration, I installed the x-spacers sold on Pinside and they made a world of difference even after the code update. Do you know if they ever did put shorter bushing on R&Ms from the factory? The single wound coild controlled by software coupled with the excess space between the flipper bad and PF made for a bad combo. With the spacers and new code they work better than my Sterns and Williams games.

#1071 2 years ago

Yep, got my number, I am in on a Bloodsucker edition and as I understand it fairly early in the BS run, and I have number 423 coming. I would guess at least 400 of the UMs are CEs. Good news is by the time my game is shipped all the bugs will be worked out, mods will be widely available, and they will probably be on v3 or v4 of the software. Apparently I will also have a VERY rare game . At least I will get to play Halloween in the near future because a friend is getting a very early CE.

#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

but dang that's a high number BSE. Gonna be a rare trim level.

I am good with that! I would not be surprised if there are less than 50 Ultraman BSEs made. There has to be at least some SEs ordered too and they will probably be even more rare, like a Rick and Morty SE.

#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Bug is their video guy and is not the one doing invoices, so that shouldn’t cause any delays

I bet they are working their butts off over there trying to get us Gameplay video. I don't think Bug actually does the video editing, and there are licencing approvals to consider. They WILL get us gameplay as soon as possible. Luckily for them all the games are already sold and they have time till they start shipping to us

#1255 2 years ago

I am just 5 machines ahead of you. I expect between 14 and 16 months before I get mine. Luckily a few CE UM and HWN are coming to friends here in CO so I will get to play it sooner than next fall .

#1261 2 years ago

I got a bro getting Halloween #188, so I can get my fix with his while I wait for mine. And a bar owner friend is getting Ultraman #113, so I'll have access to both pretty soonish.

A good friend will have one of the first off the line (in the first 50 that Spooky "reserves") so I am hopeful I can get my hands on that one in a few weeks at most.

2 weeks later
#1775 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

The collectibles alone in the Ultraman universe alone are mind boggling.

I ordered the BSE specifically because there are SO many amazing sculpts and collectibles for UM. I'm planning to build a diorama topper using some demolished buildings, some of the kaiju and a UM figure. So much cool ultraman stuff!

#1791 2 years ago

I can't seem to get the decals to peel up. And the instructions are in Japanese. I saw someone had assembled theirs already.

Little help?

Yes, I put mine together a week or so ago. The decals are waterslide decals. Get a shallow saucer or bowl and put a small amount of water in it, like half an inch deep. Then, using some tweezers (I used my ESD tweezers from my electronics kit) put the ONE decal (cut them out and only do one at a time) into the water and hold it under (like you are drowning it) for like 30 seconds to a minute, at some point the sticker/decal will come loose and you can CAREFULLY pick it up off the paper or take the entire piece over to the model and slide the decal only into place,the second method is much simpler. There will be excess water, if you leave this it will take a while to set and dry so WAIT before you do the next one or you may mess up the alignment of the previous decal. Alternatively use the very corner of a paper towel to soak the excess water and it will dry quicker. For video instructions look up "Putting On Waterslide Decals" on YouTube. Good luck!

Edit: when you are done and everything is dry you should spritz the model with some clearcoat, I just used matte Krylon clearcoat and a very thin layer.

#1798 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Would any adhesive be necessary for the snap-together kit? A dab of superglue?

It will mostly stay together with snap only, the little turret on the top was the only part I had any problems with. But, it is IMPORTANT to never use super glue on a model. Super glue will melt the plastic in a bad way. You should use Model Glue, you can get it at Target or any hobby shop for less than $5. I did end up taking a few parts back apart and gluing them before I cleared it. After doing all this I realized the clear would probably hold the turret on though.

#1803 2 years ago

Looks like the back glass art is also featured on the blu-ray collection of Rise of Ultraman. I don't have a blu-ray player but pretty cool do see his art out there.

The Birth of Ultraman Collection [Blu-ray] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SWXWTXG/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_YR7K1SNMV65AP5NNEGAG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 13,500.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider var1abl3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman?tu=var1abl3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.