IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #370 Offer to assist Spooky solve order issues from someone with skill. Posted by TechnicalSteam (2 years ago)

Post #743 Spooky podcast interview July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #1315 Math on build dates. Posted by Morinack (2 years ago)

Post #1527 Link to Franchi podcast Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #1868 Still a few CEs available with distributors. Posted by KingPinGames (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thebeefsupreme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#59 2 years ago

I really hope they give some kind of gameplay or rules walkthrough video. Or even just have someone play a game or two on stream. I get that they don’t need to because these will sell out anyway but I feel like it would be nice, if you already have a machine built and ready to go, to show people more of what they will be getting into before they purchase it. Doesn’t have to be a big production. I saw the quick rules rundown but you can’t really tell what the game is like from that. I have a fang club membership but I’ll probably pass and take my chances if I can’t get any significant idea of what the game is like ahead of the sale time.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Netflix Ultraman season 2 confirmed for 2021.
[quoted image]

Just started watching season 1 today. I know it won’t be but I kinda wish it was themed off this version. I’m sure that’s the unpopular opinion. No nostalgia value but Bemular and some of the other bad guys just look so much cooler in this one. I also did not grow up with the original.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

As for flow vs "stop and go"... wait till you play it. Even the upper playfield with double spinners is a complete flow blast. Rip the right spinner and hold that flipper up! Orbit, left ramp, center ramp, right ramp (be ready on that 2nd level... that ball is coming in hot!). It flows nicely. I thinks its the perfect blend of both those things... much flow, also lots of interaction (or stop & go if you like to call it that).
It just feels right. That I know.

Pleeeeease, Charlie, show us. Even a quick crummy video so we can get some idea how these play before committing.

#363 2 years ago

I just keep getting back to the place where it says “pay with credit card” but I have no clue if it’s going through

#407 2 years ago

Got a CE, finally confirmed. I still have no clue if this will be any good but here’s hoping it will be.

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone else choose Ultraman over Halloween due to little ones in the house? Curious.

I did. I have a one-year old and three-year old and I figured the Halloween version would get me in significant trouble with my wife, haha. I’m in for the UM CE though.

2 weeks later
#1165 2 years ago

I thought I would be pretty far back but I got #95. I’m guessing the wait shouldn’t be too terribly wrong.

1 week later
#1400 2 years ago

Got to play twice today. I had no real clue what I was doing but it game looks amazing and it felt great to shoot. It’s going to take some time to get used to where the ball exits after hitting certain shots. Both times I drained were because I was watching an area where I thought the ball was going to exit and then it would come from somewhere else and drain before I even noticed it was there. I got to one multiple ball mode which was fun. Overall I loved my brief time and I’m really excited to get my game soon.

#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Can you give us your impression of the LED strips on the upper PFs? I know you weren't in a dark room, but any concerns with them blinding the player?

I honestly didn’t even notice them. I think that’s a good thing. I’m sure they added to the overall experience but didn’t stick out to the point where I was wondering “what’s going on with these lights?”. I was talking to one of the guys from Spooky and he did mention that he wished the room was a bit dimmer so people could better see all the lighting in the game.

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

The game looks great. Does the game at the show have the butter cabinet? Thoughts? I was not going to do butter but I think I have seen a few pics where the cabinet looks fantastic and seeing them is changing my mind.

I did ask this and they said that was not the butter cabinet at the show.

#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I noticed one comment about the flippers feeling weak. Did anyone else that played it feel this way?
To me, that was one concern I was hoping Spooky would improve for their next titles.
How about shots, did they feel closer to smooth or clunky?
Thanks everyone for sharing videos and opinions!

Not sure if it was a factor but I played very early in the day and the flippers didn’t feel weak at all to me.

2 months later
#2366 2 years ago

Hmmm I’m 95, I wonder if I will get this before Christmas. Unlikely, but that would be nice.

#2378 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why wasn’t Spooky at Expo? Sure, all the games are sold….but still…you’d think they’d want to have a presence there & chat with the fans.

Might just be prioritizing staying back and getting games out the door. I have no problem with that because I’m ready to get my Ultra Man

1 week later
#2461 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What the highest Ultraman that has gotten an email so far? I am 96 has to be close?

Ha I’ll let you know, I’m 95!

That is if I hold my spot. I think I will enjoy this game but I am getting pretty nervous about how it’s coming along.

1 week later
#2578 2 years ago

Just got the email about mine getting ready for production. I am officially excited again!

#2588 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

TheBeefSupreme What number are you?

#2634 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I'm wondering why I didn't get my invoice ...I'm 96 I did get the email to chose butter or not .

I’m 95, didn’t get my invoice yet either. Just the first email. I think we will get it in the next week or two.

#2669 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I can't believe you seem to be on an island here with the display layout. Months ago I pointed out how inefficient the screen layout is. The footage is where it's at regarding the assets, so to have them displayed in the postage-stamp sized screen never made any sense. On top of that, the scores are SO small that they look hard to read. I mean, wouldn't the reason to shrink the video screen be to give more room for the elements in the interface space? No offense to anyone, but this just feels like the worst of both. Small video and small illegible scores. In terms of layout proportions and readability, HWN handles this much better.

I think it’s just who is vocal on these threads. I think the current screen size is terrible and kind of gives a cheap feeling to the game. It reminds me of the “home” Stern games. The borders during fights are cool but that isn’t the whole time. I personally really don’t like the layout and it was one of the first things that stuck out to me when I walked up.

I would agree code is more important, but I think it would be insane for Spooky to think they are hitting on the optimal display layout right now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Trade
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thebeefsupreme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman?tu=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.