IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #370 Offer to assist Spooky solve order issues from someone with skill. Posted by TechnicalSteam (2 years ago)

Post #743 Spooky podcast interview July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #1315 Math on build dates. Posted by Morinack (2 years ago)

Post #1527 Link to Franchi podcast Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #1868 Still a few CEs available with distributors. Posted by KingPinGames (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

As with the tool deals, you likely helped them sell out!

They certainly aren't $11 any longer.

#137 2 years ago

Make a few more fans of Ultraman.

#237 2 years ago

Standard and BS pics

umbsl (resized).PNGumbsl (resized).PNGumbsr (resized).PNGumbsr (resized).PNGumsl (resized).PNGumsl (resized).PNGumsr (resized).PNGumsr (resized).PNG
#239 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm really hoping that's a screwup. They already took pics down and Charlie posted in other thread they screwed up.
If the trim on Ultraman BSE is seriously just doubleshot black with glitter in it.....that's going to be a real letdown unless it's just PACKED with holographic flakes...

They only pulled the Halloween pics, as they had the wrong backglass in for the pics. Pretty sure the Ultraman pics are accurate except the BS should have the art blades and they don't in the pics. Who knows for sure?

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

That's the Blood Sucker Edition color for both games... it's my personal favorite!

SpookyCharlie Is the speaker panel and apron of the BSE coated with that rainbow goodness?

#271 2 years ago

Just sold me on a BSE. Was gonna go standard and miss having the art blades, but I'm in on BSE now. Thanks, sir.

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I can answer to the best of my ability.
1) The left subway has the ability to lock balls for multiball, but I don't see any way to get a ball there from the plunger, so staging highly unlikely. Hopefully the coding can make this as quick as possible.
2) The rule card has been posted. I'll provide a link in just a second.
3) On the playfield I see inserts for Baltan, Pigmon, Bemular, Jirahs, and Zetton. There could be more, but that's what I can make out.

Baltan, Bemular and Jirahs are monsters that seem to have 3 modes each. Pigmon modes are supposed to be modes where Pigmon (a good monster) helps Ultraman defeat other monsters (6 modes) Zetton is a mini wizard and also a monster.

#453 2 years ago

Secured a BSE. Think they will run 2 lines? One with each game on it and basically the UKR will be done before the JCH run? Or will UKR BSE games have to wait till all CE games are done of both games? No one has really made that clear from Spooky's side.

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Shit I couldn’t grab one.
What distros if any still have one available?

PinballStar had a dozen left as of an hour ago. Nitro is reported to still have some too.

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You are correct! CE then BSE then SE regardless of game.

So, basically, I have plenty of time to pay this game off

#517 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It's not. I made it a point to confirm this yesterday. There's pictures and stuff in this very thread...

And a good thing you did. Seeing that vid persuaded me to spring for the Bloodsucker.

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

Got one ordered. It's the surprise variant from what I can tell (I have zero knowledge of variants etc)

Where did you order, if I may ask? I was considering getting the issue with the backglass as well, perhaps to have Matt sign one day.

#528 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Ahh ok , well it calls it “standard “ powder for the backbox so I was mislead . The black powder that is on the BSE is very cool for sure .

Charlie also confirmed that the display panel and apron on BSE is also done in that sweet prism powdercoat.

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

My solution to this problem (both with R+M and now Ultraman) was to just get a standard. 1.5 years for code to mature, kinks to work out, and me to figure out money

Bloodsucker is the new standard. So many CEs ordered that us BSEs will be near the very end as well.

#574 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

They are going to build 1250 Halloween pins before they start on ultraman, spooky has said this in a few different places, it’s going to be a while

I have seen them state they will be building them concurrently, which contradicts this. Where did you hear all Halloweens will be built first?

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Did SpookyLuke or anyone else on the Spooky team mention what assets are being used? It seems like they have the intro music at least and obviously clips from the show, but what will the callouts sound like? It would kind of be awesome to have dual language callouts (Japanese with English subs on the screen! or English) After a while, you'd know what the Japanese callouts would be if it wasn't in your normal lexicon. Would be a nice touch.

Charlie mentioned that the majority of audio direct from the show will be the native Japanese with English subs defaulting to ON. He said some lines will be in both languages and the Japanese actress they hired did English and Japanese callouts. That's what I believe based on some posts in the main Spooky's Next Game thread.

EDIT: I was wrong. It was this thread where he mentioned that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/3#post-6370397

#596 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Looks like word got out on the Project Pinball raffle.
Site just crashed.

Yep. I was gonna grab an entry.

#647 2 years ago

Did any Ultraman fans also watch Spectreman? My brother and I used to watch that also via video tape rentals as kids in the 80's. Show started in the 70's. That show hasn't had the treatment Ultraman has. No official DVD or Bluray releases for Spectreman.

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

SpookyCharlie or SpookyLuke or SpookyBug
can you confirm that the toppers with the BSEs and CEs will come un-attached to the games this time around with the option for those of us with low ceiling to not have to disassemble and remove them?

That's probably something you could request when the contact you as your game is about to go on the line.

#655 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

fwiw they wouldn't send me the R&M topper unattached when I asked. Not a big deal though as removing it was simple.

I can see that from their side. With it attached, they know it is stable and will arrive intact.

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I picked up Ultraman's ship over the weekend. Lots of glue and water decals later I've got a ship for my BSE playfield when it shows up.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice work. BSE was my choice, as well. I grabbed the same one off Amazon. It's been delivered but I was busy helping move into a new place this weekend. Will be busting it out tonight.

#756 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I thought the original theme was John Wick...wasn't that said in the prior interview that they couldn't get the licence? Not that it really matters at all, happens all the time. I don't blame them for not wanting to try and sell 1750 Ultraman though LOL

Yes, but in that TPN interview, they revealed that they had secured the Ultraman license prior to the Halloween license. So, originally designed with John Wick in mind, but when licenses came into play, Ultraman was the one they had first.

#792 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Sounded that way in the Spooky interview with Zach, give it a listen. You play as Laurie or Michael so it's must escape or kill kill kill lol.

I think Greg is trying to say it would be cool if the furthest away hedge Michael popped out to indicate he is coming after you, then the middle and finally the closest and you are caught. Like a timed mode with an objective before he gets you using the physical mech as an indicator of how close he is to catching you. Very cool idea. Same could work for Baltan.

#797 2 years ago

I thought it said 12pm eastern time. Oh well, contribution made.

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I think I grabbed the last two tickets. It was at 80% and then 100% when I checked out.

I didn't dilly dally this time around. I grabbed an entry early.

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

What assets does Ultraman have? Is it just from the 1966 39 episodes?

Charlie has hinted at Ultraseven and the wizard mode is called Ultra Brothers, so I imagine they have more than just the 66 episodes to work with.

#814 2 years ago

They said he has all the plaques and is signing them. How would they know how many to send? I hope it's for all editions. You know, since I got a BS.

#849 2 years ago

We can only rewatch the teaser so many times. . Ready for some action.

#861 2 years ago

That means we have the potential to own a 1 of 50ish made game that we will be waiting a while to receive

#863 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

No question in my mind the SE was the best value. I don't think there will be any "rarity" premium, but I think it's going to be the game with the highest odds of increasing in value.

I was in on a standard, but really wanted some of the other stuff that was not going to be allowed a la carte. After seeing that video of the beautiful BSE armor, I changed to the BSE.

#877 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Stern was selling a topper at 1k?

I mean...that is what you said, but I honestly thought you were talking aftermarket. They're SERIOUSLY selling toppers for a grand? Wow.... I mean...why should I be surprised....this hobby has proven nothing over the last 10 years if not that people are dumb and just waiting to be fleeced but WOW. O_o Do you have to give Stern a handy at that price to get the topper too, or do they let you off easy with just the cash? Jesus christ.

Elvira was a grand. Couple others I think. Stranger Things, Avengers, Jurassic are all in the $650 range.

#882 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I wonder how the distributors decided on how many CE's, BSE's and standard editions to buy? Also wonder if they could change a spot later, for example switching out a standard for a CE?

The customers determine how many of which edition. Joe just has to allocate inventory to his paypal system. Even though he shows a CE, if a customer wanted to order a standard, they could. On release day, he explained this and said if the edition you want is out of stock, order a different one and then email and he'd fix it.

#889 2 years ago

Looking over the great cab art, the only nitpick I can make is I see a missed opportunity on the front. The SSSP insignia should be on the left with the start button in the center of the star instead of it being nearly covered up by the shooter housing.

#923 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

can someone explain what UKR is an abbreviation for?
I can understand HWN (halloween) and UBS (ultraman blood suckers), and UCE (ultraman collector's edition), but UKR has me baffled

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble. And HWN should be JCH John Carpenter's Hallween (exactly as it is on the game).

#928 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

And HW would have worked just fine for Halloween, if it hadn't been for Hot Wheels.

I know it's a silly thing to debate, but since we're gonna be waiting a bit for the games.

I don't think, personally that cutting a word in half and using 2 letters as the game's moniker is the best. Ultraman and Halloween are single words. Going back to forever ago when pinheads started using abbreviations or initialisms or whatever you wanna call it, we always used the first initial of each word in the title.

The Addams Family - TAF
Theater of Magic - TOM
The Simpsons Pinball Party - TSPP

Using the same formula, UKR and JCH seem like clear winners to me. Now you could say you have a JCH CE on the way or whatever. Just my opinion. I'm sure the official abbreviations will work themselves out.

#973 2 years ago

I've been watching the 1966 series and as I go through, I've been trying to identify the Kaiju on the cabinet sides. This pin coming to fruition also got me to get back into Spectreman, which is pretty much a carbon copy of Ultraman (plot wise) 5 years later.

#980 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Quick question, is there tax and shipping that is charged on top of the price? So if you buy a CE for $8995 will you get charged tax and shipping on top? I am out of Michigan, not sure if that matters

Shipping is a definite extra charge. As of now, Spooky direct collects tax from about 10 states. Here is a blurb from the Fang Club email.

Is there sales tax?
If you live in a state where we meet the threshold to charge tax, yes. Otherwise no. Right now those states are CA,IL,IA,MI,MN,OH,PA,WA, and WI, but these may change as time goes on.

#986 2 years ago

I'll likely make the trek to pick mine up and have a factory tour, if they do that sort of thing.

#994 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also the poll seems off imo. From those ive spoken with, im willing to bet the CE's are closer 2 to 1 over the BSE. Its so odd how the lower tiers will be less abundant the the "Collector's Edition"

The numbers seem like 3 to 1, from the last time I checked the poll and almost 10 to 1 on CE vs SE. Not sure if Spooky will release the full breakdown, but when folks start getting game numbers, we'll be able to get a decent idea.

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Spooky confirmed they are running Halloween and Ultraman at two to one.
Maybe Ultraman will finish fulfillment before the last Halloweens make it out then?
By the two to one math we MAY see all Ultramans in their new homes within a year.

I wish, but I don't believe so. My distributor confirmed all CEs of both games will be completed before any BSEs, so after all UKR CEs are complete, they will continue to build Halloween (JCH) CEs until completed before starting on the UKR BSEs. This is what I was told last week.

#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

They will very likely need to suspend UKR builds when all the UKR CEs are done until the JCH CEs are completed if it is across the board. This may greatly delay the UKR BSE/SE deliveries sadly.

This is exactly what I was advised. Once UKR CEs are done, they will not build UKR again until all JCH CEs are complete, then they will move to running both games again in BSE form. I was hoping the running both games at the same time meant the UKR run would be fully complete before JCH, so I asked that exact question and was told no.

#1030 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

BSE looks to have the best powdercoat. Wish it was on the CE.
SpookyLuke is this something we might be able to request if we ask nicely?

Downgrade and wait with us BSE grunts lol.

#1034 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Plenty of people actually wish that they stayed with the 2 tiers (standard and bloodsucker) instead of 3.

Yeah, the bloodsucker is a fang club only edition. Not sure about the CE. Tomorrow will be the 2 week deadline and non fang club members can order. I know that non fang club members should not be able to order BSE, but can they order CE? Nitro mentioned he only has CE available, so not sure how that will work.

#1040 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Do distributors still have some left? I thought they were all gone.
I didn’t know BSE was a FANG members only edition.

Nitro has a few as well. And yes, the little plaque on the BSE indicates it is a Fang Club edition.

You can't order one without proving you are a Fang Club member. Since the CE is new, we don't know if that is Fang Club only or not.

#1057 2 years ago
Quoted from dferg24:

Does anyone know where to buy the Matthew Frank comic art that matches the back glass in Canada? I found one in the states but shipping was going to be 30.00 so I was hoping to source one for a little less if possible.
Thanks!

I would check with a local comic shop. If they don't have it, they should be able to order it for retail price.

#1077 2 years ago

No news here yet, but dang that's a high number BSE. Gonna be a rare trim level.

#1080 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I am good with that! I would not be surprised if there are less than 50 Ultraman BSEs made. There has to be at least some SEs ordered too and they will probably be even more rare, like a Rick and Morty SE.

Indeed

#1100 2 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Hey guys,
Been offered a low number (<20) by distro for my UMCE. As this is my first Spooky, would you accept or wait to see if any issues?
Thoughts appreciated…

You will be fine, I'd guess. Number 20 UKR CE will be behind the first 50 friends and VIP games and behind a bunch of other JCH CEs.

#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The waiting is making me sick, heh. It's looking like over 1300 of the 1750 games are CE?!
Really wondering if they're holding hard to that "all CE before BSE" thing, or if Ultraman BSE will get built immediately following the end of the CE's. That could be a *really* substantial difference in wait time.

Someone just posted JCH BSE 1087 in another thread, so not quite 1300 CEs

Would certainly be nice if they started on UKR BSE right after the CE run is complete. Doesn't seem to be how they are going to do it, based on Rob's info.

#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wow....you got your number already and paying people haven't yet........and it's a super early number to boot?
They should've made those raffle tickets 180 bucks instead of 90 and told people up front it was going to be early production...they could've doubled their money easy just from people wanting to get in early.

I always assumed the games earmarked for Project Pinball would be part of the friends and family batch.

#1163 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

No word yet on my ultraman CE raffle machine #. But I did get my spooky Halloween number already. Does that discard the raffle/friends and family theory?

In my opinion, the first raffle was already figured into the first batch. The second raffle probably only happened because there were a few games left over after the dust settled. Could still be in the first batch, but not sure.

#1173 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

About 1.5" ... longer when antenna is extended.
Looks much larger in my earlier picture
Here's a few pics to show scale[quoted image]

That would be perfect for my flair lanyard.

#1176 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

#393 far down the line, direct. I switched computers in the midst of the chaos that ensued. I bet I had #1 in the cart on the first computer.

Guess that puts you in the bloodsucker camp?

#1178 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

*drums fingers patiently*

No number yet?

#1182 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Nope.
*edit* I'll probably email if nothing by end of day tomorrow, then give them until monday afternoon or so to reply.
Only way this distro can really piss me off is telling me I don't have a game and/or refusing to return my money if that's the case. But there's no logical reason to assume that would ever happen. I picked this guy because I like other stuff he's done, and wanted to support a smaller vendor. Not worried about it, it's just some moderate jealousy.

Rob will take care of you. He's a straight shooter.

#1242 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

#350-#450 looks like the BSE zone.

I'm 426. Was hoping for something with 66 in it, since the show debuted in 1966. Halloween owners have lots of chances with the larger run. You can have 78, 178, etc and any number in the 780-789 range lol. Then, of course, the coveted 1031 (which looks to be in the BSE range). Suck on that, CE buyers, just kidding.

#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I am just 5 machines ahead of you. I expect between 14 and 16 months before I get mine. Luckily a few CE UM and HWN are coming to friends here in CO so I will get to play it sooner than next fall .

I got a bro getting Halloween #188, so I can get my fix with his while I wait for mine. And a bar owner friend is getting Ultraman #113, so I'll have access to both pretty soonish.

#1274 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Looks like every Ultraman comes with a screw gun, a drill, some zipties and a shitload of screws!

Whatever. I bet only the CEs get that cool screwgun.

#1299 2 years ago

Woot, both Project Pinball winners went with Ultraman.

#1306 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Can anyone let me know the symbols on the round inserts? There is a blue symbol in front of each target and a red symbol under each of the main shots. The blue symbol seems like it might be the same as the wheels to the car on the upper-lower playfield.

I know the main shots all have the Science Patrol emblem. The arrow with star. Not sure about the circles on the targets.

#1336 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

No spooky booth?

Spooky reps will be in Joe's booth. PinballStar.

#1372 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Gameplay looks fun and fast. upper playfields seem worthwhile as well. Very cool! Only thing is, I didn’t notice a single call-out. Maybe it was a mode or speech is turned off?

Looks like a Jirahs battle based on the brief time the LCD is in frame. Also seems to have a multiball going on, as well. Looks great.

#1377 2 years ago

NEED MOAR FOOTAGE!!

#1391 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Haha good to see on a set up game that the lifters don't slow down the ball enough to let it just come to a trapped position by holding the flipper up. Gonna have to nudge it over to the other side or flip it away...maybe can get a tap and have it roll down the sling if they're not set super sensitive, but you have to do SOMETHING.

Or a post catch. Gonna keep you on your toes for sure.

#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Jason Edmiston has done some awesome Godzilla work too....
OOOP's wrong thread

So has Matt Frank

#1540 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ultraman OBVIOUSLY has the better layout and shoots better, it’s a clear as day.

Reminiscent of the tastes great vs less filling argument.

#1575 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So Kaneda says Spooky will be giving him Ultraman CE #500
Ill find it pretty amnoying if Spooky messes with the number sequence just to make one podcaster feel like his CE is worth more on the resale. Its not like Kaneda will keep the game for more than a few months anyway. He is a pinball "investor". He doesnt deserve special treatment but especially when he didnt care about the theme and we know he will flip it as a rarity (possibly still in box).
Why does this guy feel entitled to some special number 500 edition and mess with the whole number sequence? Its a shitty move it they let it happen.

I sure hope that is not happening. 500 should be a standard edition.

#1605 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My buddy got the last made tna and there was a certificate and they made a big deal. I’m not sure if ultraman they will do the same but he definitely paid a lot more to have that tna.

This makes no sense. It’s a CE and they wanted to run trim levels together for a reason. If he wants more time to pay then shouldn’t everyone get that choice? It’s about getting the last one. He was happy about it because of that in the one podcast.

He can have the last one built if he wants. I don't care, BUT the number 500 should be reserved for a Standard Edition. Spooky is good about bumping you later if you can't pay when your game is about to be up and need a little extra time. I just think since the numbers go from 1 to 500 and it goes CE then BS then SE, the numbers should follow that plan. That's my only gripe. The very last SE customer should be the owner of 500.

#1610 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Yes, but I originally wanted the standard. More in my price range. I could get a CE as well but I would be at the end of the CE list.

Not necessarily. The CEs that are available from distributors have already been assigned numbers. Worth checking. And to Greg's point, I think the one's left in distributor's hands have been assigned edition and numbers by this point by Spooky, so no changing since they have been committed to by the distributor. That's what I got when asking about it in one of the threads.

#1612 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Wasn't the last TNA an sold at a charity auction or something like that?

Yes, and at that time, there were no special different editions to choose from. SE BSE and CE didn't exist, so it was just the last one.

#1632 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

What we should be discussing is when we're going to get a decent gameplay video or stream, has that been announced?

On Dead Flip last night, someone asked why hasn't a date been set for the reveal stream and he said it has, but he can't share it yet.

#1671 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I bet there will be some traitors when Godzilla is announced.

Not me. They will compliment each other with Kaiju goodness

#1673 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, if only I believed that Stern was going to do classic Godzilla, not current Godzilla, and I had any faith in them to provide a layout and toys I actually want to play.......oh, and had another 10 grand to throw around like it was Monopoly money...lol. To be honest, playing AIQ LE may have restored a *tiny* bit of faith that they can still hang with "out there" designs that aren't fan layouts. Not gonna lie, that game was really fun, and I'd love to own one now.

Supposed to be Elwin who did AIQ and Yeti, who does great art. I doubt very seriously it will be current movie based, but you never know. The current movie would add a second licensor in addition to TOHO. Fingers crossed.

#1718 2 years ago

SpookyLuke Great looking game. Excited to get it. I wondered if there was a mystery award shot? I noticed the right scoop says Mystery on the round insert and says Quick Battle just below it. I know that starts the monster battles, so I'm wondering if that shot will also handle mystery awards that maybe aren't coded yet? One other thing I wanted to ask was regarding Baltan, Bemular and Jirahs. Each of these monsters has a 1 and 2 and 3 insert. I assumed that would mean there were 3 separate battles with each, but it seemed like maybe those numbers indicate stages within the battle? Or is that also not fleshed out yet? Was in the middle of a tournament last night and could not jump on stream to ask these live, so I apologize.

Thanks,
RC

#1724 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Any dist that still have these? What do they run $$$ ?

Nitro for sure. Kingpin mentioned on stream he had a couple.
https://nitropinball.com/collections/spooky-pinball

#1725 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Watched the stream. Game looks great. But if I could have one wish that Spooky listens to, it's this:
Please, please Spooky, I beg of you - change the typeface of the main text. Revue is hideous. On par with Comic Sans and Impact. The typeface in Rick and Morty is so good, I hate to see you go backwards like this.
I did a quick search and Ultraman seems to use this font a lot:
[quoted image]
I did some quick searches and found some similar ones:
https://www.fontspring.com/fonts/insigne/le-havre-layers
https://www.fontspring.com/fonts/letterhead-fonts/lhf-gloria
But honestly, anything other than Revue would be a massive improvement.
On a side note, your text spacing also needs to be adjusted. Notice how much space there is between the two lines yet it's almost touching the score text:
[quoted image]
I imagine it's a work in progress, and that you don't really stare at the screen when playing, but I just thought I would mention it.

I kinda like that font. Probably because its the same one used in MK3 arcade game. Maybe if they make the letters white with a red border instead of the red with white boarder. And yeah, there are some alignment issues for sure.

#1734 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Definitely part of it. Also, the original aspect ratio is 1:33 for television, so making it fill the entire widescreen format also presents issues.
This was always going to be something that they were going to have to address. I thought the filler images that they had on each side of the 1:33 aspect ratio was pretty good.

Yeah, I like it as is, but would like the scores larger. I don't see them abandoning the layout, as they had Matt Frank do special art surrounds for the battles. It all looks really nice to me.

#1746 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Any chance you guys end up changing the term "incidentals". Minor gripe I know but it sounds more like a term I'd use on an expense report than a pinball machine. The only other criticism would be the font design/layout of footage. Wish it had a bit more polish in regard to type layout, font style, readability etc. It really is the only knock I have on this game though. Played it at Pinfest and it was super smooth and had so many shots. You guys keep upping your game with every release. Congrats!

I posted that in the next spooky pins thread too. Perhaps use battles for Ultraman instead of incidentals.

#1759 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It appears from the Amazon reviews that the 2019 Steel Book Blu Ray doesn't include the English dub audio track?

Correct. None of the Blu Ray releases have an English dub. You can find dubs on YouTube. I've been watching the original with subtitles.

#1774 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

After much internal debate, I decided to switch my Halloween SE with a UMSE (#468). My thanks to Nitro for making that happen.
It's funny, I'm a big Halloween/horror fan and knew zero about Ultraman a month ago, so Halloween was the obvious first choice. Both games look amazing and would've been delighted with either, but the more I learned about the Ultraman series & history, the more the theme has peaked my interest. The collectibles alone in the Ultraman universe alone are mind boggling. For example, I learned there's a series of Game Boy and Super Famicom (SNES) games featuring Ultraman heroes and Kaiju called "Battle Dodgeball". Watched a few episodes on Youtube, ended up grabbing the original series Blu Ray, picked up the Matt Frank Trials #4 variant, and looking around for Kaiju posters that might look good on the wall in the game room. All in, baby!
[quoted image]

I love playing Super Dodgeball, so I'm gonna have to research that Ultraman Dodgeball game. Looks super cool.

#1788 2 years ago

I'm almost done with my model of the VTOL Jet.

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-Ultraman-Mecha-Collection/dp/B017JT76TC/ref=sr_1_2

I can't seem to get the decals to peel up. And the instructions are in Japanese. I saw someone had assembled theirs already.

Little help?

Thanks, in advance.

#1790 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Peel up?
I suspect they are waterslide.

Haven't used that type before, but it makes sense. And again, my Japanese is non existent.

#1793 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Yes, I put mine together a week or so ago. The decals are waterslide decals. Get a shallow saucer or bowl and put a small amount of water in it, like half an inch deep. Then, using some tweezers (I used my ESD tweezers from my electronics kit) put the ONE decal (cut them out and only do one at a time) into the water and hold it under (like you are drowning it) for like 30 seconds to a minute, at some point the sticker/decal will come loose and you can CAREFULLY pick it up off the paper or take the entire piece over to the model and slide the decal only into place,the second method is much simpler. There will be excess water, if you leave this it will take a while to set and dry so WAIT before you do the next one or you may mess up the alignment of the previous decal. Alternatively use the very corner of a paper towel to soak the excess water and it will dry quicker. For video instructions look up "Putting On Waterslide Decals" on YouTube. Good luck!
Edit: when you are done and everything is dry you should spritz the model with some clearcoat, I just used matte Krylon clearcoat and a very thin layer.

Sweet, thanks. I have matte rustoleum clear at home.

#1795 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh crap...I hope the thing I bought wasn't a DIY kit LMAO....guess it's time to learn more new skills.... like I don't have enough going on right now. I may have to leave that in the box for a while when it shows up if that's what it is. Oops.

If it's the one I sent you in PM, it is a model kit. It is pretty much snap together, but the decals are where I got confused. And I can confirm it is way smaller than the dimension on Amazon make it seem. This has to be what Spooky is using.

#1799 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Would any adhesive be necessary for the snap-together kit? A dab of superglue?

I used a tiny dab of loctite brand glue on the little side rockets and the tiny fin? near the top center and on the little boosters in the back. Basically tiny parts I don't want rattling free when the shaker goes off

#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Question...................does the CE come with the VTOL jet? Kinda looked that way............
On topic...............I did order and receive the SSSP car...........been awhile since I've done a model.........ahhhhhh the smell of model glue......good times ahead!

Yes, CE comes with it. They probably have a bunch of those kits being worked on by the "minions", as Charlie calls them.

1 week later
#1833 2 years ago

I know it's not a huge deal, but I gotta wonder. Since they are only building so many and most likely they will keep 1 of each for themselves (for the archives), then these show games belong to people who paid, right?

#1839 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Ultraman looks so great! Wonder what’s up with the lack of beta capsule shooter rods though. Wish I could be in ATL this weekend to experience it in person!

Probably didn't want them marred up by the constant play they will be receiving.

#1888 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Got some mail today.
[quoted image]

That is so dope. Can you still buy that? I recall one of them being timed or something? Love that color scheme.

#1895 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You only provided half of the code though

Hahaha

1 week later
#1943 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I'm afraid that we have recently implemented measures to prevent switching the software between games. Sorry about that :/
The decision was ultimately made for licensing reasons.

Not happy about this. It's really cool to put Shrek code on Family Guy and vice versa. It doesn't hurt anyone.

#1962 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Agreed! I'm one of the people that is still on the fence between themes. Obviously I'm not going to keep both games, but I certainly would swap ROMs periodically to temporarily change things up. I'd keep whichever theme resonated with me more, and pop the other in occasionally just for fun.
Super bummed to hear we can't do this.

Same here. I bet if we wouldn't have even mentioned it, they wouldn't have blocked it.

#1967 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Did the of the editions come with upgraded playfield glass?

No. That is not something Spooky has gotten into yet.

1 week later
#2047 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’d don’t mean a big flasher show - but an animated sweep to drive your attention.

I was watching a bit of Tommy's Halloween stream and I see that this is partially implemented in that game. If it isn't in Ultraman, at present, I imagine it will be. What I noticed was, ball goes into scoop, center inserts all go white and then a red insert walks down the ladder, if I'm being clear, then the eject happens. This only seemed to happen on a right scoop shot, not the left hedge shots, so perhaps they will implement it on the left side.

#2102 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Here is the full Ragon mode. This is one of many Pigmon modes currently programed. It's not super sharp playing, and for some of it he's shooting to stack Balton, but he eventually gets through the full mode. I do love that you have a finishing shot at the Beta Capsule. That way the player gets a chance to watch the screen as the kaiju is defeated. If I had a suggestion, I might make those final shots a hurry up...similar to Deadpool. I also think it might be fun to have a high score or speed challenge for each kaiju. In my opinion, non-total score awards help keep players engaged in the game even if they have a bad first ball.

Can you advise if Bemular battle shots are only on the upper playfield or are there any shots for his mode on the main playfield? Thanks for the vids.

#2117 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm almost....ALMOST....regretting not going CE. Almost. If I didn't have a HVAC to pay for before Ultraman, I'd probably be really pissed at myself at this point.

Because of the wait, or is the purple growing on you?

#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

It's blue...atleast that's what my eyes tell my brain.

I can definitely see it being subjective. I see purple and some folks that have seen the game at shows have said purple too. Looks blue in some pics and purple in others.

#2121 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't know what color it is...I'm still going with Periwinkle... but yeah. I don't think it looks as bad as my initial impression after seeing multiple pictures of it. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be happier with the black heavy chromatic flake stuff, so no regrets there. I just want to play the game!
The signature plaque in most cases I would treat as a pure novelty and not worth much at all, but honestly.....being able to get Bin Furuya to sign the plaques for these is a big nerdy win. I'm definitely a little bit jealous of that, and I'm not a signatures guy at all.

Agree on that. They didn't announce that prior to the sale. It might have pushed me over to the CE camp. Definitely prefer the BSE armor though. Was very cool to get his signature on the game.

#2178 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Good question for TigerLaw to answer?? I tried to make it a owners/club thread and was moderated 3 time for adding the word 'club'.

The owners club thread is for positive and constructive talk. In here people are allowed to say the game sucks and no foul. In a club thread, that gets moderated. And a club thread can't exist before games are in hand. This thread has existed since it was announced.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman?tu=rc_like_the_cola and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.