IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #370 Offer to assist Spooky solve order issues from someone with skill. Posted by TechnicalSteam (2 years ago)

Post #743 Spooky podcast interview July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #1315 Math on build dates. Posted by Morinack (2 years ago)

Post #1527 Link to Franchi podcast Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #1868 Still a few CEs available with distributors. Posted by KingPinGames (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#26 2 years ago

Love the theme, but not sure about the rules/layout yet.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That layout is...interesting...

I will play ACNC this week at a friends house and I played all the other Spooky pins, they feel different that the major manufacturers. I love the two that I have TNA and R&M but they are both kind of stripped down and fast which I like. I am not sure if all those motors and whatnot will be any problem to get working 100%

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I really hope they give some kind of gameplay or rules walkthrough video. Or even just have someone play a game or two on stream. I get that they don’t need to because these will sell out anyway but I feel like it would be nice, if you already have a machine built and ready to go, to show people more of what they will be getting into before they purchase it. Doesn’t have to be a big production. I saw the quick rules rundown but you can’t really tell what the game is like from that. I have a fang club membership but I’ll probably pass and take my chances if I can’t get any significant idea of what the game is like ahead of the sale time.

I agree. I’m glad to pay Fang Club anyway to support Spooky. I’ve bought both of Scott’s pins. However I’m not able to buy with such few details as we’ve seen. I really tend to keep my pins for long time so like to know more than we’ve seen.

#108 2 years ago

This is going to be a test of buying power in the market. GnR and Mando selling our CE/LE respectively almost immediately.

I’m not sure what’s going to happen with these. If they sold 550 TNA over months on months yet if they sell 500 Ultraman or 1250 Halloween in one day that’ll be very impressive.

I’m likely going to pass until I can play and hope to get someone’s early pre order if the bail out later on.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don’t expect them to sell all 1,750 units in one day

Unless the flippers buy them up for later sale.

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I was so easily out on Micheal Myers. Ultraman? Yes please!

Woot. I think Ultraman is going to be great!!

I’m going to pass on the first day order hope to play it or Halloween to judge for sure if I need to buy it.

I have two locations near me that both have TBL and R&M so likely they’ll both or one get these pins I can try out.

#275 2 years ago

At least R&M had some explinatitory video. Here we got nothing.

I love Spooky but it almost seems like they want people to order with less/little information about the game.

Here is R&M video, maybe we will get something like that for these at the last minute.

#449 2 years ago

When I got R&M from Pinballstar it took a solid week or two for all the numbers to get untangled and have a definitive game number. Just have to have a little patients.

#466 2 years ago

probably could have sold 750 Ultra make it an even 2000 units but this is just as well and it'll be a great addition to any pinball collection.

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

First time dealing with a distributor (pinball star). Can I send them payments along the way instead of getting hit all at once? Thanks.

I’d say yes, but of course check with tha man.

4 months later
#2561 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

I feel like Ultraman is playing second fiddle to Halloween by Spooky. All posts by spooky seem to be about Halloween and very little being posted about Ultraman. Halloween gets an update and then maybe Ultraman gets some of the same features. I hope we don’t end up with a game optimized for Halloween and then mapped to Ultraman as an afterthought. Let’s see an Ultraman release that is ahead of Halloween and not just an update with remapped Halloween features.

I’m not on this pin but love my TNA and R&M got a lot of little or big updates over time.

I’m just curious is Halloween and Ultraman the same code, I mean same basic architecture hit ABC shots to start XYZ mode? That’s something that kind of turned me off this dual release that it was going to be slanted towards one title and just shoehorn in the second title just so it’d be less work than two separate games.

I’d have been happier even if it was the same layout if it had two distinct codes heck some people might have bought both with different code but I’m not sure if it’s the same code rules or different.

#2564 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ultraman turned off is a better game than Thunderbirds lol

AMH is also rare as is Houdini, Mustang, TNA and they aren’t shooting up in price.

The point to me is buy whatever you like best not what’s rare. I’d rather have a common popular pin like ST, JP or DP than another game just because it’s more rare.

But if you are equal on two pins than I’d go to more rare to break the tie.

1 week later
#2667 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern did a GREAT job managing the Godzilla screen, which is why this sticks out as very amateurish.

I have not played UM or Halloween but just seen the gameplay video. I love Spooky but there is a big difference from them to Stern (both good and bad). The game code seems to be the hardest part to make a great pinball game and Stern has a huge advantage, have 10x more code staff (I'm guessing) with decades of experience that Spooky doesn't have. Spooky can make great code as seen in R&M and ACNC but it will take time and still not be quite as polished as Stern who sells 10-20 times as many pins as Spooky.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 13,500.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.