IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #370 Offer to assist Spooky solve order issues from someone with skill. Posted by TechnicalSteam (2 years ago)

Post #743 Spooky podcast interview July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #1315 Math on build dates. Posted by Morinack (2 years ago)

Post #1527 Link to Franchi podcast Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #1868 Still a few CEs available with distributors. Posted by KingPinGames (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Under 20 Ultraman left in our stock.
Thank you everyone for the patience... we didn't know ya'll would crash everything!
Another thing to improve going forward (as Spooky Luke already mentioned).

Tempting…I’d be so far down the line now I can’t wait that long . I should of decided quicker but congrats on how quick everything is selling!

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Big congrats on another sell out Spooky! Ultraman sold out even faster than Rick and Morty...incredible.

Wasn’t there less ultraman than Rick and morty? Halloween was faster though with 1250 vs 750 Rick and morty. I was actually surprised ultraman didn’t sell out quicker than it did. Either way, awesome for spooky.

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Congrats to all.. nitro has some left last. I checked

Nice!

1 week later
#979 2 years ago

Quick question, is there tax and shipping that is charged on top of the price? So if you buy a CE for $8995 will you get charged tax and shipping on top? I am out of Michigan, not sure if that matters

#984 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Also, if you are not aware, they do allow for local pickup.

Any idea what shipping is usually? I’d assume like 300 with it being Nib

#1025 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR Update -
We still have 1 Ultraman SE and 2 Ultraman LEs available...
Email [email protected] or use the link in our email blast of Wed 7/7... If you don't have the email blast - email us to get it...
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

I just joined the club…with a standard! My son likes the monsters so figured Id try it. He is 6 and will be 7 in Sept. Crazy to think he will be 8 by the time I get it lol.

#1027 2 years ago

Probably meant CEs

#1032 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

BSE looks to have the best powdercoat. Wish it was on the CE.
SpookyLuke is this something we might be able to request if we ask nicely?

Spooky did the right thing just having 3 models and making each one at a time. Just think how much easier that makes producing them which means we get them quicker to our house

#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Plenty of people actually wish that they stayed with the 2 tiers (standard and bloodsucker) instead of 3.

That would of been fine. My point was just as long as it’s not a la carte which slowed them down in the past. Much easier to pump out pins when BOM is the same for each model and ran together

#1038 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Do distributors still have some left? I thought they were all gone.
I didn’t know BSE was a FANG members only edition.

Joe from pinball Star had a couple once everything washed out. He might still have one or two left if you message him. That’s probably it after that

#1039 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep, you are right, and I did not mean to imply that your point wasn't valid, so sorry if it came across that way.

No worries, just wanted to clarify. I didn’t take offense to it

#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Nitro has a few as well. And yes, the little plaque on the BSE indicates it is a Fang Club edition.
You can't order one without proving you are a Fang Club member. Since the CE is new, we don't know if that is Fang Club only or not.

Interesting, I didn’t even realize that. It makes sense though

#1046 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yea, Nitro still shows “many in stock” for both Halloween and Ultraman (which I believe indicates 10 or more).

Hopefully spooky gets the numbers out soon. I’d doubt it matters if the distributors still have some but I’m surprised they do with how quick everything went the first day

#1148 2 years ago

I’ll be curious what the standard editions numbers are for both? It doesn’t sound like many bought standards

#1215 2 years ago

I had my number sent but it’s with 4 others. Not sure which one is mine as there are two that start with A but neither is my Initials. I assume the AD one is mine. Anyone know how you tell?

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

So at least 359 CE

My standard was In the 460s. I think im 463 but I was shown 4 numbers

1 week later
#1457 2 years ago

These videos give me mixed feelings. I definitely want to see a stream of play. Hoping dead flips is in a couple days and they run through the play/rules

#1604 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How is 500 a “rare number”? Each game has its own F’ing number. Most people who care about numbers want an earlier number like #1-10. Who cares, it’s totally irrelevant. No number “means anything” compared to other numbers.

My buddy got the last made tna and there was a certificate and they made a big deal. I’m not sure if ultraman they will do the same but he definitely paid a lot more to have that tna.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

He's not getting #500 because he thinks it'll be worth more on the resale; he's getting #500 because he wants more time before his game ships and his balance is due

This makes no sense. It’s a CE and they wanted to run trim levels together for a reason. If he wants more time to pay then shouldn’t everyone get that choice? It’s about getting the last one. He was happy about it because of that in the one podcast.

#1712 2 years ago

Finally watched the stream This morning and I think ultraman was the right choice for us over Halloween. It had a better light show, brighter with art and I liked the video.

The play I wasnt super impressed. A lot of bricks and half up the ramp shots so assuming it might be hard for us. Also the upper playfields seemed tough. The top one they had to shake to get to the flipper. Kind of like BKSOR before they provided the kit. There were some fun shots too. We did like acnc and that one had a lot of bricked shots for us. I’ll just have to wait and see how this one does

3 weeks later
#1915 2 years ago

Anyone receive their ultraman?

1 week later
#2001 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:The Standard Ultraman/Halloween (that’s got the exact same playfield and gameplay) is looking even better at $6999.

rd

No doubt, it’s at a stern pro price now.

1 week later
#2124 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Trying to do mystery math from the posts by SpookyLuke, I am hoping to hear from Morgan this week or maybe next week on my order as it is #56.

I would think you’re getting close! I’m 463 so I think I have a bit lol. Godzilla should be here to a similar time as yours so that will hold me over

#2167 2 years ago

https://nextshark.com/children-shows-cartoons-get-banned-china/

China just banned the ultra man show. I guess it was very popular there. I wonder if any pins were purchased from anyone in China and if there is any impact???

1 month later
#2385 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I'm considering letting my #104 spot go, unfortunately. Something came up IRL and am seriously having to consider it. With such a low number, it means this should arrive in a few weeks or a month or so - such horrible timing for me. I just played this again over the weekend and man it is awesome. The sounds alone brings a crowd. I just love it!

Bummer, hopefully you don’t have to take a loss on it. Seems like a few people are just to move it. I have a standard coming but it’s way down the line obviously. Hope it all works out for you! Glws

#2405 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I got both of mine delivered on the same day. It was hard Pick to which one got setup first!
Godzilla LE and Ultraman #67
[quoted image]

Nice! You will have to let us know thoughts on both when you get some good plays on them

#2407 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I believe Spooky should have been at the Expo 21 show in some form.
Being part of the pinball community and having a few pins to share with the community is a good thing even if it is sold out. It did not have to be a big showing like Stern or JJP but damn even Gerry from Multimorphic made it from Texas..
Oh well old news at this point.

People said they will be at the Midwest classic so they are still doing something. I don’t think it’s a big deal with them being so close and they can probably have a bigger presence there

#2419 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

These $700 discounts on CE preorder spots are cool, but who's gonna cut to the chase and just give me their CE spot for free so I can get into one for the same price as my standard?

I was thinking about selling my standard and buy one of these spots at the discount plus you get it sooner

#2428 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

So here’s the real question: who has actually played the game and been unsatisfied and therefore is dumping?! No one.
Pinball in general is hot right now. Everyone is chasing the newest and shiniest following Ultraman. Godzilla. Cactus canyon. Lords of Valhalla.
But With Ultraman, you’ve got like 350 CEs only. The true limited of the limited of all the shiny stuff. And it looks fantastic. Once these start finding homes where people appreciate the game versus chasing shiny…there will be no supply.
Ultraman is probably better positioned for value in the long haul versus anything else.
My assumption is that most People selling at a loss now are literally chasing quick cash. They’ve been buying machines when they just don’t have the true means to do so. And now they have FOMO for the next release.

I think there are a lot of people seeing something more desirable being released. I probably wouldn’t of bought ultraman if Godzilla would of been released prior. I got it because my son likes Godzilla and ultraman had a character similar. I’m only in on a standard and for 7k a standard is a really good price to me so I’ll most likely keep my spot

1 week later
#2490 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I've definitely though about jumping ship and looking into a Godzilla. My son thinks we should stick with Ultraman due to it's (perceived) rarity. That, and it looks amazing. Also, pretty sure we'd have to take a loss on Ultraman to get out at this point in time. I'd feel better if there was some feedback from Spooky on the future of Ultraman but seems like it's all Halloween these days.

Godzilla is a winner in multiple ways. If you’re choosing between one or the other it would be hard to top Godzilla. If you can have both it will be cool

#2509 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

I feel like Ultraman is playing second fiddle to Halloween by Spooky. All posts by spooky seem to be about Halloween and very little being posted about Ultraman. Halloween gets an update and then maybe Ultraman gets some of the same features. I hope we don’t end up with a game optimized for Halloween and then mapped to Ultraman as an afterthought. Let’s see an Ultraman release that is ahead of Halloween and not just an update with remapped Halloween features.

Halloween is a much bigger license and we just had the holiday. Hopefully now that we’re past that we will see some ultraman attention.

Christmas seems like a good ultraman holiday to pump it up

#2531 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Question - did anyone reserve a standard edition? Seems like all the posts for sale are all BSE or CE, basically people wanting a more immediate machine like a Godzilla or something.

I have a standard coming. I’m in the 460s which I heard the Standards start in the 450s. Not sure if that was true or not

#2534 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

So 50 or so we’re made….
Seems like the best deal….same game not lacking much from a BSE

Yeah, it’s why I haven’t sold my spot after getting Godzilla. My son loves Godzilla and I got this before they announced it as ultraman has similar looking character. With stern pros now being 6900 and this at 7k with no physical playfield difference it’s a really good deal

#2545 2 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Anyone looking for a great deal on an Ultraman here it is, game has less the 200 plays.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/123375

If you were closer I might consider selling my standard spot to get it. Getting an ultraman ce in the mid 7s would be a good deal even with the current code. There is a guy local trying to sell his ce but way too high. People can’t flip these like they thought with all the great titles that came out after it’s announcement

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Nope, it was a lying face emoji. I'm sitting here with my UMBSE deposit for sale the last two weeks without the slightest nibble after Bowen formally said that he had nothing to do with this game.

Unfortunately you can get CEs cheaper than 1500. Seems for CE people can get nibbles at 1300 which is crazy. Hoping by the time my SE comes things are sorted out

#2655 2 years ago

I rarely get to watch the screen while playing so no issues with the monsters

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman?tu=happy81724 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.