IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #370 Offer to assist Spooky solve order issues from someone with skill. Posted by TechnicalSteam (2 years ago)

Post #743 Spooky podcast interview July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #1315 Math on build dates. Posted by Morinack (2 years ago)

Post #1527 Link to Franchi podcast Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #1868 Still a few CEs available with distributors. Posted by KingPinGames (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#541 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

CE. Love the trim on the BS. The CE trim looks too close to R&M but the topper!!

I wouldn't mind they swapped the CE and BSE trim colors. I hope fanboys file a petition.

Better yet, let the people choose for themselves.

#587 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

But I have a feeling it is the same purple used for RaM.

Yep, looks terrible. I'll trade you my BSE trim for your CE trim.

2 weeks later
#1174 2 years ago

#393 far down the line, direct. I switched computers in the midst of the chaos that ensued. I bet I had #1 in the cart on the first computer.

#1326 2 years ago

If UMBSE #374 shows up here, let me know.

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Flippers seemed weak

All Spooky games to date require fans if you want to play the game for longer than 15 minutes.

1 week later
#1772 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I tried to ID some of the other Kaiju on the machine.

This is some next-gen nerd level going on here.

1 month later
#2112 2 years ago

We're streaming UMCE #6 from Lynn's Arcade in Seaside, CA next week. The plan is Tuesday. I will post more details as things firm up. This will be a marathon stream with unboxing, a closer look, gameplay and league night - all at the same time. The channel is https://twitch.tv/dri374 I'll leave you with a teaser...
lynns-ultra-teaser (resized).jpglynns-ultra-teaser (resized).jpg

#2125 2 years ago

Ok, things have firmed up a bit. I hope to see you Tuesday on https://twitch.tv/dri374!

lynns-ultra-promo (resized).jpglynns-ultra-promo (resized).jpg

#2206 2 years ago

So, we got to unbox an UMCE (#6!) at Lynn's Arcade in Seaside, CA Tuesday! Pretty stellar that the good folks kept the game, in box, for an ENTIRE weekend+ while I was out of state partying.

BIG SHOUT OUT TO CaryCarmichael FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN!

We streamed the game most of the night, ladies night, and finished off by playing Cary's win from the Banning auction, a Bally Freedom prototype model with the center pop. The VOD of the entire thing will be available on Twitch for the next 60 days (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1161992238). I did some cuts below of a few highlights I managed to scan through post stream.

Anyhow, I thought I'd post my initial thoughts of the game as it seems to be popular to have opinions on this website. A rubber was snapped off at arrival and we broke a fuse (3A SB small size, this is a RARE fuse, stock up, the goodie bag had 0 fuses) that incapacitated the left flipper. Besides those two issues, the game performed really well!

Bear in mind that I have not ever read the instruction card on this game. I watch the DF stream a while ago but don't remember any objectives, just flippin' and figuring things out.

Pros:
- The art direction! Between Melonzilla and Ultraman there is NO competition, whatsoever. This is the most beautiful cab, trim, PF and backglass I've ever seen.
- My single biggest gripe with this title was that I thought the shots were going to be 10x worse than ACNC. They're not, not even close. It shoots like butter. It's a bit tricky to learn all the feeds but that will go away over time.
- The mini PFs are well varied, not the "one flip" experience I was expecting.
- Animations are of course very early but the monster battles are a really cool element.

Cons:
- Code must be 0.0.1 as so many basic things aren't there yet. No timer or sound effect while entering initials is just an example. Coil test didn't seem to work either in the service menu.
- The ball lifts need to be faster or staged. Six or seven shots feeds those damn things and I can't seem to learn which blink, flash, rumble (or grumble) feeds the ball, very inconsistent and breaks otherwise a perfect flow game.
- There's not enough feedback to the player what to do during some of the modes and multiballs. There's definitely a "shoot the flashing light" game at the moment but there are so many flashing lights...
- The right "glory hole" reminds you too much of a scoop, the "thing" above the hole starts flashing and the ball feeds in the lift. I'm not a UX designer by any means but it screws with your head and they need to fix that.
- Shooting the same ramp over and over builds "combo". Expect VERY boring tournament games.
- Generally, there's not many shots with kinetic satisfaction, the Balton scoops, along with the glory hole goes straight down the plastic subways (I get American Pie vibes here, "Is it in?"), shoot a perfect shot into TZ slot machine, TAF chair or Flynn's on Tron to understand what I'm on about here. Many of these issues can be fixed with callouts and shaker effects (like the Nike commercial, JUST DO IT!).
- Geez, the topper...

Ok, here's some highlights I posted to YouTube, this is the whole unboxing hour:

Me rambling some "what do you think" opinions during the stream:

Nikki's first game put up GC that we started chasing:

The GC (11M) game for the night:

Ladies league night, game 5, top group:

We also streamed a few games of Bally Freedom (early proto/production game) with the center pop. Cary picked this up from the auction in Banning:

Alright, can't wait to get mine, BSE #393, if anyone knows who #374 is, please have them contact me! If you like the YouTube vids, please subscribe, I'm 40 subscribers short to claim my channel name.

New code for Mando today so I'll probably stream a few games of that tomorrow. Tune in at https://twitch.tv/dri374

#2211 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Not rare at all, uncommon at hardware stores. Pinballife sells them too. Pretty sure they are 20mm not 15mm
https://www.pinballlife.com/20mm-slow-blow-fuses.html

These are the ones, yes. I used the wrong term, they're not "rare" in terms of to get hold of, they're just uncommon for pinballers to have around.

#2224 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

actually looking at it again thats unfair, there is cable management as you work up the playfield but around the node board its just very busy.

Thanks for watching! Agree that the powerdriver/node board is VERY busy but it was easy to diagnose the LEDs and service the fuse section in Spooky's defense. Servicing the mechs on the upper PFs will be a nightmare without a doubt. The game is packed, for better or worse.

1 month later
#2429 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Meh. Not knocking Bowen's knowledge, but I could care less if he is involved in the production / rules on these.

Awesome! Tell all your friends #393 BSE is up for grabs!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/123755

#2434 2 years ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

-How do I confirm the person actually owns the spot?

I have plenty of screenshots. You can also email [email protected] and ask if Michael Mattsson has put a deposit down on UMBSE #393.

Quoted from BradLinden:

-How should I pay them (PayPal?), and

I accept PayPal (Friends and Family), bank wire, cash or check.

Quoted from BradLinden:

-How do I complete the actual order transfer?

When funds have cleared. I'll let Squirrel know that game #393 now belongs to you (with all your details).

2 weeks later
#2595 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

looks amazing but….

Sums it up.

Bowen is on it though...

#2605 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I don't think Bowen is on it at all.

Nope, it was a lying face emoji. I'm sitting here with my UMBSE deposit for sale the last two weeks without the slightest nibble after Bowen formally said that he had nothing to do with this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

9,999 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman?tu=dri and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.