IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #370 Offer to assist Spooky solve order issues from someone with skill. Posted by TechnicalSteam (2 years ago)

Post #743 Spooky podcast interview July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #1315 Math on build dates. Posted by Morinack (2 years ago)

Post #1527 Link to Franchi podcast Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #1868 Still a few CEs available with distributors. Posted by KingPinGames (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TechnicalSteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#146 2 years ago

Love the theme, and art it inspires. Hopefully I will acquire one. Timing will probably have me motivated to sell a nice space shuttle, party zone and black belt so I can fit this in. Got some ideas for mods but realy want deep dive into new Heck boatds see if sny room to play.

#192 2 years ago

The market for Volton is hot. Those collectibles are insanely pricey.

#325 2 years ago

I'm not sure what is going to happen here in 6 minutes but I don't want to risk having to pay a premium aftermarket price for a really cool aesthetic.

#331 2 years ago

I got 1 in my Cart but.......

#337 2 years ago

I am stuck on the Checkout Process. Ugh

#348 2 years ago

I hope to god I got thru the Checkout process.. Still Waiting 504 everytime.

#361 2 years ago

I'm not 100% certain my order was received no email confirmation... I hope I didn't just order 2x

#364 2 years ago

I hope this means Success - CE ordered

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 9.23.48 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-07 at 9.23.48 AM (resized).png
#370 2 years ago

Hey Spooky ( If you ever need a Enterprise E-Commerce web solution & another game coder ) hit me up with email. I've been doing this since Amazon was a bookseller. The issues you are running into with your system are due to the single threaded solution that is processing the orders. Once it hits a load each successive order will cause more delays until the initial order times out.

#376 2 years ago

Still shows 1 Item in the Cart though - Hence the Confusion...

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I got that as well. Although I have yet to receive a confirmation email, so we’ll see how this pans out.

Yes I am a little worried myself but I'm sure it will be sorted out soon.

#398 2 years ago

This looks like it went thru now. While I'm not first in the game machine Que. That is okay I need to make some space here and I went for the CE as I really want to support Boutique Pinball and the Nostalgia feeling is big. I remember watching this as a small child its an early memory with my sister.

There will be pins in Marketplace soon as I need one of my higher ceiling spaces.

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 9.46.02 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-07 at 9.46.02 AM (resized).png

#422 2 years ago

I imagine the Order #'s probably are also factoring in Halloween & Ultraman not sure how those #s correspond to build #s.
Think still plenty of time to snag one.

#428 2 years ago

I wonder if there are a few distro's not completely sold out.

#532 2 years ago

I got pick up this Comic book for my kids and 1 to keep in the game.

1 week later
#1002 2 years ago

Will the let you come and pick up your game from the Factory?

Shipping cost don't look to bad though if you value your time.

Guess it will be awhile before we know where we fall in the pecking order?

Wonder if we are going to see Ultraman in STL in the wild. I guarantee there
will be a Great Pumpkin or two to be seen. I've been catching up on the show
and comics. Very scared how much $ I will put into Mods or Game room decor
to showcase it.

Meanwhile. Will be working on Billion Dollar Babies and possibly find a TNA,
Rick and Morty or something else to tide me over.

#1062 2 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Im in on a ultraman ce i hope the flippers are better than what people are saying about them. I have never flipped a spooky before. [quoted image]

I am a big Flipper Snob. I think the Poll is really not that good of a indicator on flippers in the industry in general.

Spooky's Flippers are "Great" in my personal opinion. They are 'Snappy" and work just like a well maintained Flipper should.
Honestly from day 1 playing on a heavily routed AMH at Silve rballroom in STL, Rob Zombie on route, TNA on route and Alice
I've always loved the Spooky experience and flippers are very big for me. The upper playfield flippers on ACNC are very nice to
and have really enjoyed the unique feel that shape provides. They look nearly identical to the Ultraman playfield flips for most part.
Think there is 1 that is slightly smaller.

I think overall your statistics are going to off for the smaller manufacturers.

Personally I feel JJP has the WORST Flipper experience in the industry. ( Kills it for me JJP )

I still prefer the 'Stern' flipper experience overall. Or Williams Lightning era Flippers.
I like Stern Flippers but they seem to run a little Hot (potentially glitchy) lately.

I also find some of the later Gottleibs to have a great Flipper feel. So that might out me there.

Spooky flippers just have a classic feel to me and seem to hold up great.

#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

During "Flippergate" with R&M I was curious exactly how many games in a row folks were playing that experienced trouble. I play quite a bit, but i don't experience problems from overheating. Maybe the solution to the coils isn't fans for overheating, but instead require these folks to pay $1.00 for every game they play. .

Owning many games the average price of the game is much higher for home users. Until we sell. Than I figure +- diff & numbers of plays. Route owners usually win flipping fast to us. So in end everyone's best interest would be bulletproof flippers. Was it a very small % of games? Might be picking one of those up one of these days and it's a good thing to. know if I stumble on a trade..

I haven't played Rick and Morty - so have nothing to add there. ( missed out on that one )

I still love spooky game feel with the other titles I've played and looks like you can fine tune them.

#1133 2 years ago

OMG You must clicked real close to when I did... I'm right behind ya.

#1313 2 years ago

Here in St. Louis, MO I can tell you that alot of us grew up on Ultraman.
It is the first TV memory I have. My older sister was a pretty big fan.
Couple of her friends got me worked up into thinking Kaiju where the real deal.
Big imagination as a kid.

I never expected to see Ultraman as a theme and just seeing the Ultraman
intro brought me back to 1970s TV and much simpler times. Netflix has
the Animated show that is also great.

Looking forward to seeing the Game Play some. Though going to have
to ignore some of the "negative ninnies" out there.

#1329 2 years ago

The Kaiju Tatto artwork is pretty rad.

#1563 2 years ago

Who's going with the ButterCab option? And with what model?

#1623 2 years ago

Who cares what Kaneda got?

1 week later
#1809 2 years ago

They have Ultraman action figures at Walmart

#1812 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The first shipment arrived. I think I'm just going to add the Ultraman and Zetton diorama, but we'll do some testing when my game arrives.
[quoted image]

Those are awesome. I went to the Hobby shop here in St. Charles and they had alot of highly detailed Ultraman models. They were pretty pricy but nothing compared to Mail order mod pricey.

1 week later
#1883 2 years ago

When I get the 3 week notice. I will jump for joy. Got make the choice still butterCab or no buttercab.. Leaning heavy on buttercab but still haven't received email yet but I'm guessing I will hear something soon as I'm in the 90s...

1 week later
#1922 2 years ago

My sons have gotten into the new animation series and comic book I thought I hid has been read several times.
Lot of excitement going around here... Will look amazing next to next new Elwin game to. but soon to be
tapped out on the Pinball budget.

#1933 2 years ago

Well with the first 30 heading out the door. Guess it is getting closer and closer to decision time for some of us butter / no butter.

#1953 2 years ago

! DdesertT1 That looks like a big heat sink you'd find on a Graphics Board or power supply

Ages ago (15 years) I worked on some hardware / software in what seems like an alternate life building Power
over Ethernet / time Synchronization hardware it had a big old Garmin satellite chips on it. And here is the kicker
LED and Plasma displays for countdowns. Even then we had a CPU on the main board with embedded OS on it. I wonder
with all the supply chain issues if they modified things to leverage available resources to fast track game dev.
Love to see under the hood of Ultraman and Halloween.

Kaiju fever is intensifying around here. Kids been watching and requesting Kaiju toys and they
want me to make a Pacific Rim game for the fact that Dr. Gottlieb is a character in the game.

#1957 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I'll trade my bksor topper for someone's Ultraman spot. Played the game at a show and it is awesome!

Not sure why I laughed but thanks to you I have coffee on my monitor.. Was that a Bloodsuckers or CE your aiming for.. Asking for a friend lol.

#1989 2 years ago

If the stars align & everything goes well. Ultraman and Godzilla may arrive here within weeks of one another.

Pretty stoked. They could be at my new location in 2022 if I can get the city to tell me what the city tax code or amusement
location fee is.

#2017 2 years ago

Based on some of the #s out there the Pinball Kaiju themes may arrive within week or two of one another.

I'm working on setting up a possible Kaiju Ultraman vs Godzilla bash. In my personal space as a fundraiser for an
local animal hospital. This will be a smaller RSVP event in my private home. Trying to pick a weekend where I'm not
competing directly with other events. Might be nice to setup a St. Louis, Whopper event with several participating location over
the course of a weekend. Just throwing that out if any TDs want work it out.

Wife may require some Mask although we have controlled UV / air sanitization system I installed
during peak of crisis.
main-qimg-72c7bc69aa9b1eadc20d904c701ea976 (resized).pngmain-qimg-72c7bc69aa9b1eadc20d904c701ea976 (resized).png

Edit: Still working on my location dealing with the legal stuff and finding the best options for location opening.

#2058 2 years ago

Wonder how many games have gone to public now.. I am hoping Late Oct / Nov.

I'm trying not to watch the stream plays and what not. I like to have some surprises .
Sold my Black Belt to cover the Butter Cabinet & shipping cost. Can't wait.

1 week later
#2138 2 years ago

Wonder what Number they are on Halloween games.

Anyhow almost 1/2 there for this guy. ( Order up...... #43 - no may... no fries.. )

#2185 2 years ago

Hopefully when I get a chance to play it. CP Pinball has it. Not sure if it's butter cab or not but got some incentive to go make a visit.

#2197 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

My daughter helped me put together Bemular last night. I like that the scale is the same as the Baltan figures from Back Ally creations.[quoted image]

That is very nice... It really looks like it's part of the original design. Colors match well. With the wealth of models out there hoping to see more tasteful mods like this. Almost want to imitate yours but would rather come up with something. But dang yours is hard to top.

2 weeks later
#2315 2 years ago

I don't think there really is much an issue with a couple developers supporting two machines simultaneously that have similar mechanics. I'd wager they probably have a config based rules set that allows for quick changes. Hopefully they have some of that as well for other things.

Looks like they have expanded production capability based on video I saw and I'll have to pony up some cash soon. Can't wait though I might get a chance Friday to play one on location.

#2325 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Simple get 2 teams coding.
1300 Halloween
500 Ultraman x 9k = $16,000,000 ^^^
There is plenty of room to code both games properly and individually..

Well that's a happy path end of the rainbow # your calculating. They got 2k deposits on a good %
of those machines for sure. Your better comparison would be Sales of Rick and Morty and ACNC and
how that has allowed them to grow to support the above 1800 machines in a year. Next release
I imagine that they could start to think about hiring more software dev talent. Figure it takes a
senior dev (130-180k) and 2 juniors (90-110k) thats a sizable investment and where you going to
find many with the experience to do that type of work. Onboarding talent is expensive most developers are
fickle. That's a 500k investment but more like 1 mil commitment. That's a huge investment when Pinball is possibly
at it's peak. Will we see the market continue to grow or back to 2000. Keep letting those guys make the good decision
of growing slow. How big of a Market is Pinball anyway.

The SMART thing to do would be figuring out how to leverage Open Source Development to blow frickin Stern out of water.
Think an Army of FREE developers with some Perks thrown in is a much better path.

#2329 2 years ago

It's a Can-O-Worms for sure. Not enough time to fairly delve into this. I keep having to remind myself that in this
age of Assets video & sound interaction it really complicates the entire development. Setting up open-source would
be cool. P-Rock kind did that. Guess it would be nice to have a more turn key - jump start. Build-Your-Own-Pinball
construction kit. Complete with Cabinet, b-rated movie clips, open source sound and basic pinball skeleton. P-Rock
but more turnkey. Throw in some starter template.

So to be fair - with all the onscreen interaction these days, videos and sound. It does complicate things. What could
a company really open up without getting paranoid they'll have P-Wee Herman JP retheme out there.

#2339 2 years ago

Up to 77.. Any other higher numbers contacted..

#2352 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I know this is the lamest complaint but it's looking like my game will be ready around Christmas and I'm not looking forward to getting my invoice in December
I have the small collection my life has afforded me but Ultraman will be the most expensive thing I've ever owned (including my car. I'd rather own more games than a better car lol)
I am both excited and mildly stressed

I'm right behind you. I'm sure someone would trade for your spot . Not sure if Spooky would do that but hey idea.

#2354 2 years ago

I finely got to play Ultraman at Cp Pinball.

It was featured in our PinDeath Tournament last Friday.

I was worried the game pace would be slow.. I was surprised by the pace of which the game moved.
Shots can be challenging but I think after 10-20 plays that you would be alright.
This game was not slow at all. In fact it keeps you on your toes with the flipper feed from subways. Very cool.
My kids were impressed and my son actually preferred Ultraman to Godzilla Pro.

I wasn't let down by my experience and am still very excited to get my machine. I noticed a couple glitches but
sure those will be ironed out as time goes on.

I thought it was a very good change of pace in Tournament play and kind of a wildcard as many of us had no
strategy ready for this game.

#2390 2 years ago

What's the word on the shooter rod. The game I saw didn't have the custom shooter rod. Is that CE only? It did
have the topper and to be fair it was a low numbered game.

1 week later
#2460 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What the highest Ultraman that has gotten an email so far? I am 96 has to be close?

Last I heard 76 - 80

#2489 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

It is a bummer we have to go to the Halloween thread to get updates from Spooky. It would be nice to get some assurance that Ultraman hasn’t been put on the back burner.

We get plenty of updates here .

#2506 2 years ago

The game isn't slow or stop and go as much as people say. It's pretty fast . Schooled some people in last tournament I was in.

#2555 2 years ago

People are bowing out now because they are Fickle gotta have the other shiny thing or shit happened and they need a lifeline out.
FOMO marketing works in this industry for sure and certainly brings some stability for the Distributors and Manufacturers. Though
maybe not such a good idea for the buyers who are stuck.

Game code.. hell look at Stern.. and JJP.

I think what people want to see is a Roadmap for Game code. That would be OH SO DAMN NICE from all manufacturers.

I know when I develop things that I know precisely what I have to do for the next month and can even tell you what is being promised for each release.

Game Code should be like that.. People submitting Ideas and companies communicating when and if they'll get to it.

#2579 2 years ago

#94 - Just got the email from Spooky this afternoon!

#2585 2 years ago

I had to forgo the butter option, I got it on ACNC and its awesome but just dropped $ on Godzilla Premium

#2596 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Sums it up.
Bowen is on it though...

I don't think Bowen is on it at all. I haven't read anything saying that he still is involved more to the contrary.
TPN Final Round Pinball was talking as if he was off the code entirely.. Would be nice to know whats up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 13,500.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TechnicalSteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman?tu=TechnicalSteam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.