IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #370 Offer to assist Spooky solve order issues from someone with skill. Posted by TechnicalSteam (2 years ago)

Post #743 Spooky podcast interview July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #1315 Math on build dates. Posted by Morinack (2 years ago)

Post #1527 Link to Franchi podcast Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #1868 Still a few CEs available with distributors. Posted by KingPinGames (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Morinack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Most of what gets said in Japanese is also said in English, but yeah... for the Japanese specific lines... why not?! Sounds like fun to me.
Our voice actress will be in the shop soon to see the game. I'll get her to do a little translating!
It was important to us to also have some text on the display showing JACKPOT! and other essential pinball items in both languages as well. Just neat little touches to make it more user friendly in Japan and well, I just like seeing it that way too. Feels right in this game.

I would love to have an option to change the audio between Japanese and English in the settings.
Super Excited about an Ultraman Release!

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:This is a super exciting day. I think everyone agrees that Ultraman sells out before Halloween…but how quickly will the sell out be?

R&M took about 4 hours to sell out with 750 machines.
That said, COVID drove demand for home use through the roof.
Be interesting to see.

#343 2 years ago

So they really need a load balancer over there.
9:08 successfully checked out with UKR CE

#349 2 years ago

Just wait.
My cart came up with a Halloween CE in it.
Had to wait until UKR CE reappeared, removed Halloween after adding a UKR BSE and CE.
Finally managed to get just the CE ordered and just got my email.

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Spooky site never showed CE available but got one through pinballstar blast email...whewww!!!

At least 2 heading to CO

#365 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I just keep getting back to the place where it says “pay with credit card” but I have no clue if it’s going through

You will be redirected to a screen saying order complete.
If you open a new window for Spooky's pinball machines page it will tell you if you ordered one or have one in a cart.

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Can’t get through, must get back to work. Some of you got lucky, congratulations!

Check back in an hour, things should settle down.

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Where is the shipping option? grr

Shipping is based on where you are, and is in the FAQ sent in the email.
When your machine is ready to build they will tack it on to the final bill.
Some folks prefer to pick up.

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Under 20 Ultraman left in our stock.
Thank you everyone for the patience... we didn't know ya'll would crash everything!
Another thing to improve going forward (as Spooky Luke already mentioned).

Congrats SpookyCharlie and team for another great couple of titles.
Also thanks for touching base here with the fans.
Happy to hear you are almost sold out in just under 2 1/2 hrs on Ultraman!

#448 2 years ago

With all the distributors and such, its better to wait for an email from Squirrel on what number.

#485 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’d be interested in that poll.
It was clear a few didn’t realize they were the same layouts!

Now that's funny right there.
One thing i noticed, this thread has more posts than the Halloween thread.

#578 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Just a general question to any of you who have bought a game directly from Spooky before.......
What kind of time frame do you think we could/would expect for delivery of Ultraman?

It took Spooky 18 mos to build (as planned) 750 Rick n Morty pins. This includes the lockdown due to COVID. Near the end they were pumping out roughly 15-20 machines a week.

If the forecast is 1750 pins in 18 mos, that is faster, so rough out the math. No idea on what the final counts are yet of CE/BSE/SE but that is the build order.
Spooky Squirrel will email a # to you once they get all the distros sorted that can give a better idea of where you sit in line.
For RnM i have #427 and it was almost exactly 1 year from order to ship.

#595 2 years ago

Looks like word got out on the Project Pinball raffle.
Site just crashed.

#660 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

SpookyCharlie or SpookyLuke or SpookyBug
can you confirm that the toppers with the BSEs and CEs will come un-attached to the games this time around with the option for those of us with low ceiling to not have to disassemble and remove them?

For R&M the toppers shipped already installed.
I suspect they will be shipped the same unless you special request when build time comes.
Spooky is really good about build to order changes. They even worked with having PFs Kuzman clear coated prior to build in some cases.

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Watch the video he posted, they talk about it at one point.

At 34:25

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I wonder if people are allowed to change at this point with new information coming out. From what they said initially you can't. It also changes the deposit (so the initial amount on Day 1 of launch was less). I guess if they do allow upgrades, I think it would make sense to put those people at the back of the line for the CE machines since their original purchase was to be produced after?
Thoughts?

What we saw with R&M was that Spooky didn't want to have to deal with flip flopping during build cycle. However, they will honor folks trading their builds outside. So if you find someone that wants to downgrade and you want to upgrade, your transaction is outside of Spooky, and Spooky just needs to update the new owner in their systems prior to build.

I assume it would be close to this.

#827 2 years ago

Meh, after listening to over a year of gripes, moans, and groans on the subject over on the R&M thread, i just decided to be happy i have one on order, and i will see it when it gets here. My R&M took exactly 1 year to be built, and worth the wait. If somebody else swapped or sold their spot, i didn't really care. You will also find that machines are built out of order from actual order numbers. Anything that is going overseas for example, as it is more cost effective for Spooky to fill out a container as much as possible when heading to EU or OZ. How distributor's builds occur is also a thing that is hard to dovetail into Spooky's orders. All in all, Spooky does an amazing job at trying to make buyers happy while running a truly boutique service.

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Charlie did say to his son in one of the recent videos at the end, "Nice shirt son, Bug replied thanks Dad". Bug was wearing an Evil Dead shirt at the time, one can only hope.

While I love the idea of ED in a pin, not sure how many times i could hear "We're going to get you." before i lose my mind completely.

#846 2 years ago

This is something i never thought I would be sharing on Pinside.
I was lucky enough to spend the summer of 81 in Tokyo.
During a side trip to Kyoto I got to go to Toei Kyoto Studio Park.
Thought I would share some of the pics i took of their miniature scenes. (and of course a kaiju)

img20210714_16014941 (resized).jpgimg20210714_16014941 (resized).jpgimg20210714_16021827 (resized).jpgimg20210714_16021827 (resized).jpgimg20210714_16023959 (resized).jpgimg20210714_16023959 (resized).jpgimg20210714_16025400 (resized).jpgimg20210714_16025400 (resized).jpgimg20210714_16030704 (resized).jpgimg20210714_16030704 (resized).jpg
#852 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Very cool. Looks like the Kaiju was animatronic no?

Yeah, I have some photos of the water calm, then bubbling, until it rises up and spews water from its mouth.
It was timed like every 10 - 15 min.

#858 2 years ago

Stats are fun.
I know for R&M, Spooky allocated roughly 50% to their distributors. (375 of 750)
I believe the "Friends and Family" initial batch came out of Spooky's 375.
I went with CE, I figured I could always get a BSE style BG later if I like.

#864 2 years ago

The fact that Spooky makes sure all models have the same playability makes the SE an operator's dream.

#870 2 years ago

Also consider that all those "mods" are warranted by Spooky if they installed them. In the end it comes down to what an individual feels it is worth adding it all together. If you can afford the edition you chose, be happy with it and enjoy every penny's worth. The time to deliver will be here before you know it. You will be surprised how many "fixes" and code updates will occur while you wait. The BSE and SE machines will be more dialed in than the first 100 typically.

#875 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The same situation happened to me. CE's didn't show up right when Spooky's store opened so I jumped on the blast email from pinballstar. Didn't realize there was a $60 paypal fee but oh well, felt sorry for the people stressing out over the webstore issues and felt like I dodged a bullet afterwards.

That explains a lot. After my cart stopped timing out, it popped up wiith a HWN CE in it. I guess i clicked add without reading. Had to loop back added a BSE UKR, looped back again and got the CE UKR in the cart, then deleted the other two and was able to complete the purchase. Checked out about 9:10 after all said and done. I thought it was a screen refresh issue.

#880 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's just insane. And people are insane for not throwing it back in their faces and telling them to go pound sand at those prices.

There was a huge backlash. Lots of discussion on Pinside about being raped for a topper. It was a resurrected discussion when Spooky gave everyone a topper for free for selling out on R&M.

#892 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Looking over the great cab art, the only nitpick I can make is I see a missed opportunity on the front. The SSSP insignia should be on the left with the start button in the center of the star instead of it being nearly covered up by the shooter housing.

Matt mentioned that in the interview how he had to rework art more than once to solve for things like that.
Laborious process by the sounds of it. Likely missed that one.

#914 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Haven’t received any allocation email as yet here…

Yeah, looks like they are starting to roll out though.

#916 2 years ago

Ultraman is an alien who essentially possessed a human from SSP, b/c he is now stuck on Earth, and chose to help protect Earth from Kaiju.

#919 2 years ago

I am still curious how the build order will run with Halloween competing for floor space. Seems like whatever Spooky decides, somebody is gonna have ruffled feathers. Personally I think they should build ALL the UKRs first.

#924 2 years ago

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble. And HWN should be JCH John Carpenter's Hallween (exactly as it is on the game).

Folks will use the acronym they like no matter what. Typically the edition is not part of the acronym. Pro/Premium/LE/CE/BSE/SE all add nothing to the acronym nor should they. In the end IMHO the acronym Pinside chooses to use is the preferred one. Then you can search by the letters instead of typing the machine name.

#927 2 years ago

Here are some links to sources and the long running discussion(s)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-game-abbreviations#post-3406539

#931 2 years ago

I hate posts like this because my neck gets stiff from craning to the side.

#936 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...but do you know who Pepsiman is?

Those are friggin hysterical

#947 2 years ago

Spooky said (Bug i think) they are planning to build all 1750 games in 18 months. That is aggressive as it took them 18 mos to build 750 R&M. Yes i know COVID, they expanded and everything else. Just saying it sounds good to me. I have R&M #427 and it took a year to get it.
I am curious how the builds will run with HWN vs UKR. Will it be X% of floorspace for each or waves? This is a bit of a logistical puzzle for them to deal with.

#949 2 years ago

Even if everything is equitable, people gonna bitch.

#966 2 years ago

Hahaha

To work for the SSP you must memorize the lights and switches and as far as EM..... Analog for the win!

#981 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Quick question, is there tax and shipping that is charged on top of the price? So if you buy a CE for $8995 will you get charged tax and shipping on top? I am out of Michigan, not sure if that matters

Also, if you are not aware, they do allow for local pickup.

#983 2 years ago

LOL

#985 2 years ago

Depends on how far you are from Benton.
I am in central CO and shipped to my garage was $380
Tailgate lift and such.

#1015 2 years ago

I wish, but I don't believe so. My distributor confirmed all CEs of both games will be completed before any BSEs, so after all UKR CEs are complete, they will continue to build Halloween (JCH) CEs until completed before starting on the UKR BSEs. This is what I was told last week.

Distributors are allocated blocks of numbers. It is easy for them to say CE will be built before any BSE or SE. Smaller set of numbers. It would be near impossible to speculate for overlap. If you are saying all JCH CEs will be built before any JCH BSE/SE, and all UKR CEs will be built before any UKR BSE/SE, then i would agree.
They will very likely need to suspend UKR builds when all the UKR CEs are done until the JCH CEs are completed if it is across the board. This may greatly delay the UKR BSE/SE deliveries sadly.

Either way is a possibility, i guess we need to wait and see.

#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Hopefully spooky gets the numbers out soon. I’d doubt it matters if the distributors still have some but I’m surprised they do with how quick everything went the first day

~ Speculation ~

Not trying to start a rumor here or anything, but i wonder if the reason Spooky is taking their time on allocating numbers has anything to do with their previous statements on customer loyalty.
Distributors and previous/repeat buyers are highly thought of by Spooky. I can picture them trying to rank allocation by loyalty.
With the invoice numbers overlapping 2 different machines with 3 editions each, it must be "good times" over in Benton right now.

Reason for this thinking is that it took Spooky 3 days to get my # for R&M.
Feel like i am waiting for a lottery drawing as a guaranteed winner of something...

#1068 2 years ago

Quoted from Damonator:It’s the most critical mech in the game and one of the more complicated ones as well.
It’s a delicate balance of responsiveness, reliability and heat dissipation and no manufacturer does it the same as another.
The mechanical design is - at a high level - the same across manufacturers, but there is variety in materials used, armature design, coil selection (single vs double wound), etc.
On the electrical side - there are differences in the driving voltage and hold pulse patterns (for single wound coils).

During "Flippergate" with R&M I was curious exactly how many games in a row folks were playing that experienced trouble. I play quite a bit, but i don't experience problems from overheating. Maybe the solution to the coils isn't fans for overheating, but instead require these folks to pay $1.00 for every game they play. .

#1081 2 years ago

Yeah, looks like distros have begun sending out numbers on both threads. Nothing here yet for my Spooky direct order.

#1103 2 years ago

Nitro just began dropping numbers for orders on the JCH hype thread.

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm actually hoping for an upper-middle build number, as I've got a JP coming in a couple weeks, and hopefully a Fathom in a few months. And so I'd like to space out my buys if possible.

Love Fathom. It was one of my grails for a long time.

#1118 2 years ago

Folks on the JCH thread are starting to see emails from Spooky! Yay!

#1125 2 years ago

Be advised, the # corresponds to the serial number of the machine. Spooky reserves the right to build machines in any order they like. For the most part, it will stay pretty darn close to matching the CE -> BSE -> SE order. However if they need to build a SE before a CE to fill out a container of course they will.

#1126 2 years ago

Think of it as "parlay"

#1128 2 years ago

Holy crap! Just got my # from Spooky.

Inv #: 11368
CE

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah. ... I have no special attachment to any number 1-500. But knowing my place in the build order is what I'm after, so I can figure out my money game. :p

You will find in the next few months folks will delay their build for any number of reasons. You may even find folks wanting to swap places that could improve your build position.

#1131 2 years ago

So 20 - 40 per week (let's say 30) at a 2 : 1 ratio (H:U) , once build starts I could see my pin in 6 weeks. CRAZY!

#1134 2 years ago

Got reeeeally quiet in here. Must be lots of Inbox refreshing going on

#1145 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yeah some people would rather be bitter than happy for the winner. I say congrats and would smack an extra upvote for the winner if I could. Thats awesome paulbaptise

Hey man! Sometimes sour grapes make great whine....

(I'll let myself out)

#1147 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Any word on Pinballstar #s yet?

Yeah this was posted a few hours ago.
Sounds like he is working hard on it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/16#post-6402386

#1157 2 years ago
Quoted from Gnomesain:

Just got my (Ultraman CE) number:
163!
From my math that makes it (roughly) the 327th machine built (if it is 2 Halloween per 1 Ultraman), so with the estimate of 20-40 machines built, and guessing they will start August 2nd, i figure that puts me at somewhere between Sept 28th through November 24th!
I was almost hoping it would stretch into 2022, so I can save up a little more, but I guess I'll just put it on my card and worry about all that later!
Is everyone going to get the backbox signed? Does anyone know if that would be on the translight, or elsewhere?
Damn, I am excited to play this thing! Got some Ultra Q blu-rays (the show that introduced Ultraman) to watch while waiting.
Next I want to find that Marvel comic cover that shares the art.

We are all assuming the email saying 20 - 40 per week is for both models.
They didn't combine the total counts of 1750 in the email, and they didn't give a build ratio, so there is some possibility the 20 - 40 could be just for Ultraman.
While this is highly unlikely there is a chance.

The back box signed is done on the back of the backbox. I asked prebuild to have the Spooky team sign my Rick and Morty and they were happy to do it. Its pretty cool.

#1180 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm sure that almost all of us thought we had #1 in the cart.

Funny thing with the CE not being there, then accidentally adding a JCH to my cart, then a BSE and then removing them, finally checking out at 9:08, i thought my number was going to be MUCH higher.

#1201 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol. Lighten up FRAXES..

"If any of you "homos" touch my pinball,.... I'll kill you"

God i love that movie!

#1206 2 years ago

#1213 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I remember reading in one of these threads that Spooky makes 50 games for their own customers, then 50 for their distributors.
If that is actually the case then wouldn't Pinballstar's first numbers be getting the games soon even though the game #s start around 250?
I'm not expecting anybody to have an accurate answer right now on how exactly it will all shake out though.

The first 50 are reserved for VIPs, "on location", friends & family. This does not factor into public sales. Half of the pins are given to distributors (250 out of 500). Sales beginning with #51, Spooky will have the lowest numbers available to general public, then they alternate thru the distros then back to Spooky, and repeat. As the lists populate you can more or less see the trends. The distros get blocks of numbers. It would be crazy impossible for Spooky and distros to manage numbers alternating by purchase.

#1233 2 years ago

Curious how many folks (like myself) had not planned on buying Spooky's new pinball until they saw Ultraman was the alternate version, and had to commit. If it were just Halloween I am pretty sure I would not have a new pin coming. Not that is is a bad machine, it just doesn't crank my engine.

#1235 2 years ago

True but with it being announced ahead of time, Ultraman totally caught me by surprise. Once they fixed the YouTube link in the email, and it opened i was like "Awww crap! there goes another 9 grand"

#1244 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Rather ironic if 1031 went to an ultraman heh

That can't happen.
If you are unaware they are numbered separately.
For example I have #56 Ultraman and Boycer has #56 Halloween.
Ultraman will stop at 500.

#1250 2 years ago

Sounds like production is getting underway over at Spooky.

Pulled this from the "Next Spooky Pin" thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/192#post-6403304

#1251 2 years ago

Just confirmed from Squirrel, the 20-40 pins per week is definitely a mix of JCH and UKR. So if we assume the ratio previously mentioned of 2 : 1 on the floor you should be able to roughly guesstimate your build week at 10/wk for UKR. (YMMV)

For example if your #100 your build will be ten weeks out so expect to see an email from Spooky about 7 weeks from now.

This only counts for CE AFAIK, because they will likely need to switch the lines to entirely JCH CE until they get built out, then back to a 2 : 1 build for the BSEs, and repeat for SEs.

#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

BSE 428...
See you guys in 16 months.

I am going to give a loose projection here.
I am thinking you will be closer to 13 months.

Calcs based on 375 CE for Ultraman and 1000 CE for Halloween.

We should start a pool.

#1272 2 years ago

Looks like every Ultraman comes with a screw gun, a drill, some zipties and a shitload of screws!

#1291 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Apparently, Nick Lane is not in line for an Ultraman.

Who is Nick Lane.....?

#1307 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Can anyone let me know the symbols on the round inserts? There is a blue symbol in front of each target and a red symbol under each of the main shots. The blue symbol seems like it might be the same as the wheels to the car on the upper-lower playfield.

Things like this will be shared with gameplay videos. Nobody has the rule sets yet, and the fact that Spooky uses RGB LEDs means those targets can be whatever they want them to be.
If you are asking what they are from an Ultraman perspective andnot game specific, I would guess they represent chakram.

#1315 2 years ago

Here is a little math to tickle your speculation.

I am trying to project the beginning build dates for each edition. (First one is easy )
If you take the start date of your edition you should be able to get a ballpark date for your pin.

CE start date
7/26/21

BSE start date
6/11/22

SE start date
8/9/22

Assumptions as follows:
a) Used a 2 : 1 build ratio and 30 games per week.
b) These totals are guess-timates from current data
JCH Totals
CE 1000
BSE 175
SE 75

UKR
CE 375
BSE 75
SE 50
c) Production stops on UKR until all JCH of each edition wraps up in a second phase of 30/wk

Note: If rates increase or decrease from 30/wk results will vary.
Dates may be off a few weeks if it takes longer than a week to build a pin. Completing 30 a week does not mean it only takes a week to build.

I am sharing the spreadsheet i built. Feel free to screw around with it, I have no intention of "maintaining" it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jt4M6GTDQVdQ4uxgR5mvglB1n-1K0KOkGfWCBuT91vY/edit?usp=sharing

Added over 3 years ago:

Changed build to 25 to 10 per Spooky's comment on 2.5 : 1 ratio. Yes it is wishful thinking.

#1331 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Alright all you math wizards out there.
#164 um
#471 H78
Any chance the stars align for me and either of my games completed for expo Oct 2021. Would be good reason to go to my 1st expo and pick pin up at spooky in person.
Wishful thinking or good possibility ?

They are both in the first phase of builds on each model.
Divide 164 by 10 -> 16.4 weeks
Divide 471 by 20 -> 23.5 weeks
Build began 7/26, and i am guessing add at least 2 weeks from when it hits the line to ship date.

Ultraman around Thanksgiving or early December
Halloween after New Years or late January.

Sorry.

Keep in mind this is fuzzy logic with lots of variables and dependencies and doesn't factor in holidays. (and just an opinion)
Spooky is trying to push their production numbers up so the rate could improve as they ramp up.

#1357 2 years ago
excite (resized).pngexcite (resized).png
#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Weird. I’ve played my TNA & RaM for hours and they’re fine.

Same

#1542 2 years ago

That is the first upside down video I've seen posted here.
I am still laughing.

Bravo

#1570 2 years ago

I am still on the fence actually. I love the artwork and know it would look great, but like so many others, it wouldn't really be shown off or admired due to placement. Its all about personal satisfaction with no plans on resale, as I am pretty sure it would be pried from my cold dead hands like my R&M or TNA.

For some reason, the Spooky pins really get me cranked up the way Williams did back in the day.

#1607 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

There are still BSE and CE spot available if you check around. 2023 seems like a pretty conservative estimate imo though. I suspect Spookys game plan is to have all units out the door before the end of 2022. They have other things in the works already.

By my rough math, if Spooky is able to produce 30 per week, all these pins should be done before October of 2022.

#1627 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I've got a standard coming (451) and I'd love to have 500 instead, I just assumed those final numbers were reserved for the charity raffles or whatever or I would've asked. I don't make enough Facebook Live videos to deserve special treatment though, I just buy pinball machines to play them
Not really upset or angry, but I will definitely request a number next time. If I had known CE's got their pick of numbers I would've considered ponying up to get 420...

CEs did not get to pick their numbers.

Distributors get blocks of numbers which allows them to offer an option of choosing from a discrete block of available numbers. They do not have to do this, some just can. Spooky direct allocates numbers on FIFO basis of when your order is submitted.

It is not uncommon to reserve ANY build numbers for VIPs in any industry. In a world where influencers can sway public opinion it would be ridiculous for any business to ignore an opportunity to play favorites.

You all should be excited if you secured an order (any number) in such a limited release run. PERIOD.

#1646 2 years ago

#1647 2 years ago

Testing gear for Ultraman.
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#1701 2 years ago

This gameplay was an awesome display of the level of effort Spooky has put into a super awesome theme. I had no regrets pulling the trigger on this order (even as expensive as it is) and now it feels like I'm being part of something greater.

Great job Spooky!
Great job Jack!

Y'all rocked this theme!

#1711 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

One thing I noticed that seemed a bit off was the second upper pf.
Just curious if this was something that could be an issue.
Otherwise, games looked fun!

If I recall, Bug said to nudge it as it is expected to do that.

#1714 2 years ago

Yeah just found it.
On Halloween stream at 7:35.

#1721 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Looked like it rolled down the guide really slowly, with no chance of getting to the flipper unless you nudged. Not sure people are going to enjoy that if that upper pf is used during MBs.

Rewind it a little bit. You'll see the ball is initially delivered to the flipper. Hard to ask for more than that.

#1751 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm kind of digging these mini dioramas as potential mods. The scale seems similar to the Baltan figures already in the game.
Zetton will be a wizard mode in the game.
[quoted image]
I think this is Bemular. Can anyone confirm the ID of this Kaiju?
[quoted image]

I suppose it is intended to be Bemular.
Pretty stylized version though.

#1752 2 years ago

I updated the "Date Projection" spreadsheet to include fields where you can enter your build number.
This can give a rough projection of when your machine would be ready to ship.

Please do not harass Spooky with these date projections. This is just for fun and intended to distract from some of the vitriol.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jt4M6GTDQVdQ4uxgR5mvglB1n-1K0KOkGfWCBuT91vY/edit?usp=sharing

#1767 2 years ago

I like the display the way it is.
In the 60s and 70s we didn't have big screen TVs and ship monitors in the shows were typically small with rounded corners.
I think the team is trying to maintain that ship display feel.

Besides, I am not buying this pinball to watch a movie, I have a 65" 4k for that crap.

#1789 2 years ago

I'm almost done with my model of the VTOL Jet.
amazon.com link »
I can't seem to get the decals to peel up. And the instructions are in Japanese. I saw someone had assembled theirs already.
Little help?
Thanks, in advance.

Peel up?
I suspect they are waterslide.

#1792 2 years ago

Note: waterslide decals are very easy to tear. You can piece them back together in place if this happens but for best results take your time.

#1819 2 years ago

Very cool, was hoping for an update like this.
Looks to be about 2 : 1 ratio as mentioned before.

1 week later
#1867 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Who doesn't like butter?
[quoted image]

Saw this on the Halloween thread in a discussion about topper motors.
Thought it shows a decent different angle for the butter print.

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 6.02.51 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-23 at 6.02.51 AM (resized).png
#1870 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

This sound effect must be in there somewhere. I hope.

Muwhahahahah

It's in there.
I made a comment in the Dead Flip stream that the laugh is worth about 7 grand the way they implemented it.

3 weeks later
#1994 2 years ago

I am excited for Stern and the table looks fun, but I can't help but think of The Lizard when I see the artwork.

Of course I myself can't draw a straight line.

amazing_spiderman_v1_77_VG+ (resized).jpgamazing_spiderman_v1_77_VG+ (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg
#2010 2 years ago

In the Halloween thread SpookyLuke mentioned they weren't ready and will ship when they come in.
Didn't wanna hold up shipping for it.

#2025 2 years ago

A while back there was a question about the chakram inserts and the topper. Here is a clip showing some of the uses.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ultraman/comments/pq4u97/so_instead_of_using_this_move_as_a_projectile/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

#2029 2 years ago

I readjusted the baseline of the data estimator adding 3 weeks as nobody has reported receiving a build notice yet.
This shifts all the dates to the right. (which actually works for me [UM #56] having broken my shoulder over Labor Day weekend)

If things ramp up I can shift it back to left for a true up.
For now we are all still a little in the dark.

Here is the link again:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jt4M6GTDQVdQ4uxgR5mvglB1n-1K0KOkGfWCBuT91vY/edit#gid=271091716

Open to feedback.

#2040 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Great to hear, thanks Luke! So much chatter in the Halloween thread about future updates and new assets and new video clips, it gets lonely here in the Ultraman thread sometimes

Too funny.
I've decided to stay off that thread a little while.
It's gotten to a serious state of FUD over there.
I like the quiet here. I think folks here are all just waiting for the build notices to pop.

#2041 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey guys, I played the game at Ayce Gogi today!
Here are my first impressions & some constructive suggestions for the team:
The good:
-Absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks for this feedback.
As pretty much every "con" listed is related to coding in someway, i am very pleased.

#2043 2 years ago

I would think this could cause some problems for coding when it comes to multi-balls.
Once the pins hit the field the real feedback will help iron it out.

- Pre staged balls
- countdown timers
- distraction video

A number of ways to handle it i would think

#2063 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I wonder the same. Luke said they've completed 70 games in all. You'd think there would 20 Ultraman's in the world.

Only about 24% of the Ultraman pins purchased are flagged as Pinsiders.
of the first 50 only 8 have raised their hand on Pinside.

They are starting to get out there but i suspect the majority will not be advertised as to where.

#2071 2 years ago

I might share some stills but I sure as heck won't be posting any videos on Pinside only to be told they're to shaky, grainy, too dark, too bright, too short, too long, too quiet, or too loud. But mostly because I'm just not that good.

#2073 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Correct me if I’m wrong - but I don’t believe Spooky has ever said they fulfill orders in strict chronological game number order.

Keyword strict.
They are pretty darn good at rolling out by build number.
I think of the deviations as exceptions.

#2094 2 years ago

Thanks for the video @lpeters82. And so you know that is Ultraman's signature on the plaque. Bin Furuya.

#2123 2 years ago

Trying to do mystery math from the posts by SpookyLuke, I am hoping to hear from Morgan this week or maybe next week on my order as it is #56.

#2161 2 years ago

I didn't see a Club thread so i started one.
If one already existed i'll kill it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners#post-6523061

#2168 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

https://nextshark.com/children-shows-cartoons-get-banned-china/
China just banned the ultra man show. I guess it was very popular there. I wonder if any pins were purchased from anyone in China and if there is any impact???

Actually there is a buyer in Hong Kong if i recall.

#2181 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I never got this though. If I buy a game, join the club, then decide I don't like the game. I'm not allowed to express that in the club thread?
"Hey, leaving the club. Love the layout but the code does nothing for me. Nothing feels special. Too much punishment with too little reward" -AIQ thread

You can still express your displeasure, but the natural follow on would be to sell the game and leave the club thread.
If you look through the R&M club thread you will see there is a lot of less then satisfied opinions that eventually disappear.
Club threads are more heavily moderated to eliminate baiting and trolling and focus on what folks enjoy.

#2202 2 years ago

Folks on the HWN thread are saying nobody beyond the VIPs has received an email notice yet.
There is a theory that Spooky may be building out the VIPs for both HWN and Ultraman before moving into the gen pop list.
This would reset the starting point for #51+ to begin at the same time.
No telling truthfully. Just more fodder for the speculation cannons.

#2205 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I expected that they would fully build out both runs of VIPs first.

I am by no means disappointed with the idea, but I didn't necessarily expect it.

#2212 2 years ago

Alcon,

I have updated the date calculator now that emails have gone out.
I made #50 the new zero point and padded game readiness with 21 calendar days.
I also added a Days Calculator that takes into consideration the 4 day work week.
Not sure what will be more accurate.

If games are ready sooner than 3 weeks I will adjust the padding accordingly.

#2225 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think working on this game might be tricky.
actually looking at it again thats unfair, there is cable management as you work up the playfield but around the node board its just very busy.

Folks used to traditional GI may be taken aback by the wiring at first. It is due to having all the LEDs individually addressable.
Once you accept it, it's not so bad.
Amazing light shows = increased complexity

#2242 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I still don't understand the obsession with the screen / display. It is just something that I never even consider when I am flipping.

Has to do with the viewing angle.
I am 6'1" tall and my TNA was substantially washed out. The IPS upgrade made a HUGE difference.

I don't have any real issues with R&M as it sits a lot higher reducing the viewing angle, but some folks want some deep blacks.

I will wait to see Ultraman first hand before I decide on swapping screens.

#2255 2 years ago
Quoted from Paragon4u:

Ah yes I see exactly what you mean I sure hope they fix the code to do this ,it would make the multi balls much more meaningful and you would have to earn them and I love drop targets that 3rd upper playfield shot is why I am buying the game . Thanks again for the tutorials on the game best ones I've seen so far that make sense.

I imagine if they do this it would end up being an option in settings to turn it on/off, as the 2 additional balls would need to be added, including to machines already shipped. They may even just say, turn it on and add your own balls.

Assumption: You have balls.

#2256 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yea there has been talk of adding it but I am not sure if it is definitely coming from Spooky. I don't have a pic of the playfield underside. But wouldn't there need to be a staged ball at both inlanes?

This pic shows undercarriage and should suffice for subway location.
Zoom in to see the left and right subways.

HWN Undercarriage.jpegHWN Undercarriage.jpeg
#2262 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Where is the Shooter rod??[quoted image]

SpookyLuke has mentioned in the past they were not yet ready, but we have not heard when they will be shipping those out as far as i know.

#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

There will be an Ultraman code update coming in the next couple weeks here with a lot of the same treatment that the October 1st Halloween update came with. Sit tight!

Yeah, thanks Bug!
Everybody sitting patiently to hear about this.
Looking forward to what you have been brewing in the Spooky stills.

#2279 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Uh yeah, okay.
GTFO of here with that, and come back to me when you're in the 400-500 range.

Hahaha.

So it looks like happyclan is looking at early summer '22.
It took 1 year (exactly) from the date of order to date of build for my R&M.
It was worth the wait, and I suspect Ultraman will be equally worth the wait for any numbers.

#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What is the latest number delivered so far? I'm #102. Wondering how far off I am.

They have not shipped anything beyond the first 50 AFAIK.
I am #56 and have sent my build info in, but not received an invoice yet.

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Interesting............I'm #51 and I am invoiced out. Maybe you missed an email Morinack ?
And stoked that games are getting shipped! Morgoth00 & paulbaptise right fn on! Nice way to start the week with news like that!

Uhoh. I did order a butter cabinet.
Just the same I'll ping Squirrel in the morning.

#2295 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is Bowen helping on UM/Halloween as well?
The man that did R&M code is one of the best coders I’ve seen in pinball. I hope they have him consulting or something as well on UM.

When i asked in an email, squirrel replied...

Design was Karis Borloff lol
rules & code are Bug (Corwin Emery) & Fawzma with Bowen Kerins advising.
Thanks!
Morgan Emery
Spooky Pinball LLC

#2307 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

When was there a code update? Any major changes?

Here is the link.
A number of folks have had issues with the update.

https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#2312 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am hopeful that they separate the code pathway of the two games a bit. There is so much more material for Ultraman, no reason to let the limited material for Halloween limit Ultraman from being all it can be.

I agree, and i believe it is the easier path for Spooky right now, on top of that it is a personal favorite of Bug's, but they have a larger volume of buyer's for HWN they need to cater to as well.
Once the code for each is more mature i suspect we will see some dichotomy.

#2318 2 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:T
“Ultraman Vs. Alien Baltan” will be $100, limit 2 per household.
https://store.nakatomiinc.com/ultraman.aspx
[quoted image]

This is pretty cool, thanks for sharing.
We have other linoleum block prints in the house so this will fit right in (sort of).

#2319 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Hey everybody! We've had a small group of people who's games have crashed after downloading the latest code update. If this happens just email [email protected] directly and he will give you the instructions on how to fix it. Thank you for your patience!

Thanks for checking in Bug!
As things are sill in Early Field Trials, it's good to uncover the issues early.

Keep going man things are really taking shape!

#2340 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Up to 77.. Any other higher numbers contacted..

Don't get too excited. I just emailed Spooky today for status as i am #56.
Inv paid on 10/14, no news on shipping yet.

#2346 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Here was the breakdown in invoice to ship date for my game......#51..........
10/4 final invoice
10/12 game completed
10/13 game shipped

That makes lots more sense. 8 days to build is not bad.
I am hoping to hear next week.

#2351 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I know this is the lamest complaint but it's looking like my game will be ready around Christmas and I'm not looking forward to getting my invoice in December

If your still #93, i suspect you will see your invoice by mid November.
The fact that #67 shipped about the same time as the early #50s makes me think they held onto some for some reason.
I think your Ultraman may be ready around Thanksgiving not Christmas.

#2360 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:I was not implying that I want to trade my spot. No more PMs please.

LMAO. Sorry but that is kinda funny.

#2367 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Hmmm I’m 95, I wonder if I will get this before Christmas. Unlikely, but that would be nice.

Wouldn't be surprised if #95 is ready by end of Nov or 1st week of Dec.
Games are rolling out 2 to 3 weeks after invoice.

#2372 2 years ago

Anyone know of locations in the San Jose or Bay area that have an Ultraman? Sent a pic of mine to my daughter and now she wants to play.

#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m all for them skipping shows and working on their code and getting games out and what not.
It’s not like there was any upside for them to go to expo, they can basically do seminars in podcast form, they don’t need sales right now. Hopefully they come to TPF like they have in the last as it’s more of a collector show rather than an industry show.
Anyone know when the next code update may be coming out? Any chance they stage the balls to speed up the game play?

Funny i actually prefer the short delay the subway provides.
Gives me a chance to see where i am shooting next.
The audio and visual queues has helped me a number of times and if they were to immediately eject into side lanes i would definitely be suffering a lot more drains. I cannot imagine staged balls helping with MB as I can barely keep up as it is.

That said there is a setting for how many balls are loaded in the machine, which suggests they may include this option.

#2389 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

I just got the email that my game is ready to ship. Pretty stoked to play it. Anyone know how many balls are in the game? is it 7? Also, anyone have an idea of the rubber sizes? couldn't find anything online.

7 balls at ship.
As for rubbers there is supposedly a manual in the works.
Until then just hit up the service team.

#2392 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

What's the word on the shooter rod. The game I saw didn't have the custom shooter rod. Is that CE only? It did
have the topper and to be fair it was a low numbered game.

No beta capsule shooter rod on #56.
Word is 3 weeks or so as i understand, but that may be for the HWN knife.
Not trying to start another rumor.

1 week later
#2467 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

I'm having a blast playing mine even on the early code (I think its v1.02) . The game does have some bugs, more then I ever encounter from a Stern game but it still plays pretty good and the modes are really fun to shoot. Spooky just needs to fix the Quick Battle popping up in the middle of a mode like multi-ball.

I agree with everything Gambeno said here. I am loving shooting this game. My buddy came over he loved playing it too.
I am not gonna make any videos, but am happy to answer questions truthfully.
Do you want to know what is glitchy on 1.0 code?
Do you want to understand the battles?
I can explain the little tweaks I am making and such.

LMK
Brian

#2478 2 years ago

I think they may be getting a greater than expected demand for butter cabinets on these pins.

#2495 2 years ago

I wouldn't worry.
Considering there are 500 Ultraman and 750 Rick & Morty made you should see them listed on Pinside in a few years for a reasonable asking price.

#2515 2 years ago

Seeing SpookyLuke alot on HWN thread is squeaky wheel stuff IMHO. They are the larger bulk of orders by more than double, and that thread has been way louder than the Ultraman threads.
Bug said they were going heads down on new code for us beginning last Tuesday.
I PM'd SpookyBug some bugs I've observed, and he responded, and was appreciative, reassuring me that most of those are already in the works for the new code.
If you want actual answers try asking the team.

And BTW we see DJ poking his head in here more than on HWN too so there's that.

#2519 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

this is a beatdown like I haven't seen in a very very long time.

Sorry about your string of bad luck @Frax. If you have resigned yourself to losing the $1500, I agree that waiting a while could improve your chances of selling.
Hope everything works out.

#2537 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I get this game appears to be routed but $8500, that is $500 loss and it can’t be that old.
Seems like this game people are willing to take a loss on. I would guess when I see ads like this people will not benefit from FOMO like other games. I would guess Legends of Valhalla limited edition will end up the same where people may sell their spots before it’s built, maybe not for a loss but unwilling to wait for it. Could be a loss too…
Just seems some games these days are not the easy money flips and always guaranteed to be in high demand.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/123375

Somebody is simply looking to sell the machine and it is not NIB and competing with NIB listings.

#2546 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Scanned the last few pages but didn't see much tweaking tips on Ultraman.
Having just unboxed #58 today I ran into some upper playfield issues, wanted to see if any early deliveries had the same issues.
Upper playfield the ball just hung on the left side habit trail rail as if stuck in a pocket - had to remove the glass to free it up.

Let's see:
- Ball can hang on upper PF under the left spinner against ramp if not hit hard enough. There is a rubber bumper there but it may need to be larger.
- I have not experienced the mid PF, ball stuck on the shooter exit, but a number of folks have. See Halloween thread for fixes. Mostly rubber adjustments.
- I adjusted the HQ drop target (lower right). Soft ball would stall on top of drop target when down. I changed the angle a little to make sure it is flat and then raised it a few mm to make it level with PF.
- Drop target bank was not always dropping. I disassembled and made sure no burrs, then buffed the plastic and made sure flat washer smooth side facing the targets. Works much better now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Morinack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman?tu=Morinack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.