IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #370 Offer to assist Spooky solve order issues from someone with skill. Posted by TechnicalSteam (2 years ago)

Post #743 Spooky podcast interview July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #1315 Math on build dates. Posted by Morinack (2 years ago)

Post #1527 Link to Franchi podcast Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #1868 Still a few CEs available with distributors. Posted by KingPinGames (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is a super exciting day. I think everyone agrees that Ultraman sells out before Halloween…but how quickly will the sell out be?

UM by noon, HWN by the weekend.

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The code is essentially the same for both games, only the assets and text will be changed. Guessing the junior programmer might do some of the conversion to UM. If the asset filenames are kept consistent between both games, not much really needs to be changed.. just the text on the LCD at that point.

So in theory we should be able to load a UM code on HWN and visa versa, just as we were able to do with FGY and Shrek.

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In theory...unless there's something that allows the code to check which game it's in. Spider-Man Vault code wasn't compatible with original Spidey and vice versa.

Hopefully we could, it would be cool if players can experience both releases while only purchasing one or the other. Hopefully they used all identical electronic components on both units.

#652 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

No, just a brain fart on their part.

^^ Ditto, just the CE models

#791 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You’d have to hit certain shots as he gets closer and closer…if he gets all the way to you, he kills you lol.

Sounded that way in the Spooky interview with Zach, give it a listen. You play as Laurie or Michael so it's must escape or kill kill kill lol.

#793 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I think Greg is trying to say it would be cool if the furthest away hedge Michael popped out to indicate he is coming after you, then the middle and finally the closest and you are caught. Like a timed mode with an objective before he gets you using the physical mech as an indicator of how close he is to catching you. Very cool idea. Same could work for Baltan.

Agree, I really thought I heard Bug talking about some of the code and stated some of the shots were timed and had to be made in consecutive order to escape if your Laurie and to kill if your Michael.

So it might actually fit into what Greg was along the lines of thinking. However they didn't reveal to much of coding as they want many to be surprised when they start to play, although he did give a little spoiler about the 7 ball multi ball wizard mode. Not too much of a reveal otherwise with coding.

Oh and thus far it's an all adult mode code, they might have to add a family mode in later..

I'd expect to see tits and questioned if "Do you like what you see" from Lynda, but really wouldn't want to see Ultramans tits to be honest lol.

#830 2 years ago

Charlie did say to his son in one of the recent videos at the end, "Nice shirt son, Bug replied thanks Dad". Bug was wearing an Evil Dead shirt at the time, one can only hope.

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

While I love the idea of ED in a pin, not sure how many times i could hear "We're going to get you." before i lose my mind completely.

Yep they didn't elude to anything or any version, It could be ED III: Army of Darkness where that campy humor does fit well into pinball.

#867 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Sure, but does that matter? It's not like the BSE are going to be worth anything just because there's less of them, especially if Spooky sells the BG to CE owners that want one (I don't know if this is a thing or if the guy above is thinking about offering a trade to a BSE owner), or the trim is available for general purchase on it's own. Either way... it seems like the vast majority of people will be looking for a CE on the used market. Thousand bucks for 75 buck speaker grills (being generous...Modfather's ones are 22 bucks, but they're acrylic, not metal), a 75 buck shooter rod, ~45 buck ship toy, and....(hot takes incoming!), laser cut side rails (Whatever the cost of laser cutting a lollypop rail and adding the backing is... 100 bucks?) colored plastic protectors (Worthless, it's just a different color, there's no actual value add there), and what I would value as 450 dollar topper at best. I just don't "get it." *shrug* To each their own. I really think most people are choosing CE because they either have to have EVERYTHING, for the topper, or because they preferred the color of the trim. Even with my scroogey estimates, that's still 750 bucks of stuff for 1k. It's not *absurd* pricing by any measure at all, I just don't personally see what a lot of that stuff adds, especially when half of it is completely mundane things I can add myself later if I want it.
I just really didn't want to wait over a YEAR. I have no clue what my financial situation is in that timeframe. I'm going to have to reach out to my distro and see if I can do an early payoff of the full amount soon as I have it from selling these other games. It's not the wait that bothers me per se....it's the fact that a lot can go horrifically wrong in the span of a year. I trust Spooky to deliver the games regardless of the timeframe... I just don't trust life to be kind to my finances, and this was a real stretch considering everything.
Slightly bummed. I was hoping for more of a 60/40 split than 80/20. I'll get over it.

I'd say you are very close at that $750-$800 mark. So now the difference is roughly $200.00 however all of those are already installed for you so to me (IMHO) my time also equates to a few bucks so it was just worth it once again to me to have this all done for me right out of the box. No need to take apart a new machine and spend the time doing it.

Either way if the machines (all models) turn out to be great to awesome, they all will be desirable and have good resale value on the market for those who wish to list.

#881 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I wonder how the distributors decided on how many CE's, BSE's and standard editions to buy? Also wonder if they could change a spot later, for example switching out a standard for a CE?

I think they might have been allocated a specific number, then from that number they call back in and give a breakdown of how many of each to fill out their allocation number after the sales took place opening day.

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

"2 CEs and 1 BSE left"

Maybe those were cancelled dup spots that were already phoned and locked in for those particular models, so now they are available. "shrug"

#943 2 years ago

The whole series on Blu-Ray

ebay.com link: itm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,500.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman?tu=DeathHimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.